Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Time for Bears to Fire Nagy/Pace, Hire Ryan Day

The Bears put on a pathetic offensive performance Monday night on national television, which should be the last and final straw for Coach Matt Nagy and GM Ryan Pace.  

There was a time when it was OK for the Bears to be 4-10.  That time has passed.  Day is the right guy at the right time to come in with a winning pedigree and get this organization turned in a positive direction.  I would love to see lots of skilled Buckeyes follow him to Chicago, especially pass receivers and offensive linemen.  

The Bears should make the moves this weekend, informing Nagy and Pace that they will not return and reaching out to Day's people to get the process moving.  

The Aaron Rodgers era is coming to an end and the NFC North Division is there for the taking for the next decade.  Did the Bears make the right choice in drafting Justin Fields?  We will never find out until leadership changes are made.  

Why stop there? Bring in an actual football guy as President and limit Ted Phillips to the business side (if you’re determined to keep him). The problem is the order. In a rational world, you’d name the new President, he would hire a new GM, and the new GM would hire a new coach. But in McCaskey World, the only thing you can be sure of is that the Bears will screw this up, too. I’m hoping for a happy accident, where they get the right guys by luck or happenstance. Because you know if they really put their minds to it, it’ll turn out wrong.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Why stop there? Bring in an actual football guy as President and limit Ted Phillips to the business side (if you’re determined to keep him). The problem is the order. In a rational world, you’d name the new President, he would hire a new GM, and the new GM would hire a new coach. But in McCaskey World, the only thing you can be sure of is that the Bears will screw this up, too. I’m hoping for a happy accident, where they get the right guys by luck or happenstance. Because you know if they really put their minds to it, it’ll turn out wrong.

Last night, Brian Griese was blasting the Bears higher ups, too.

He did not lay all the "blame" at the feet of Pace and Nagy.

8 hours ago, HHF said:

The Bears put on a pathetic offensive performance Monday night on national television, which should be the last and final straw for Coach Matt Nagy and GM Ryan Pace.  

There was a time when it was OK for the Bears to be 4-10.  That time has passed.  Day is the right guy at the right time to come in with a winning pedigree and get this organization turned in a positive direction.  I would love to see lots of skilled Buckeyes follow him to Chicago, especially pass receivers and offensive linemen.  

The Bears should make the moves this weekend, informing Nagy and Pace that they will not return and reaching out to Day's people to get the process moving.  

The Aaron Rodgers era is coming to an end and the NFC North Division is there for the taking for the next decade.  Did the Bears make the right choice in drafting Justin Fields?  We will never find out until leadership changes are made.  

If you are going the O$U route, why not Urban Meyer?  At least he has won 2 games in the NFL and can kick if needed.

😎😂

"I gotta go!"

--- @Donnie Baker 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

Agreed. It starts with Ted Phillips. He's a career Accountant. So am I. Doesn't make me qualified to be the President of Football Operations for an NFL franchise. Keep Ted in charge of the Financial aspect of the Bears and bring in a President who actually knows football. Let that guy pick his new GM and Head Coach. Though I am intrigued by Day. He has some experience as a QB Coach in the NFL. Maybe, just maybe, if they can bring in a competent front office guy they could lure Naperville native Sean Payton from New Orleans.

Why would Ryan Day to that to himself?  That would be like slamming your head into a brick wall.

Chicago....the land where QB's go to end their careers.

Given the formula now for NFL success, not sure without a great QB that can somehow survive the wind and the cold, that the Bears will a contender anytime soon.  Given all the rules in place now, I don't believe we will ever see a 1985 type Bears team again.....

Might be time to put a roof on that stadium and then get their QB.....

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

Why would Ryan Day to that to himself?  That would be like slamming your head into a brick wall.

Given the formula now for NFL success, not sure without a great QB that can somehow survive the wind and the cold, that the Bears will a contender anytime soon.  Given all the rules in place now, I don't believe we will ever see a 1985 type Bears team again.....

Arlington Heights Bears has a nice ring to it.

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Agreed. It starts with Ted Phillips. He's a career Accountant. So am I. Doesn't make me qualified to be the President of Football Operations for an NFL franchise. Keep Ted in charge of the Financial aspect of the Bears and bring in a President who actually knows football. Let that guy pick his new GM and Head Coach. Though I am intrigued by Day. He has some experience as a QB Coach in the NFL. Maybe, just maybe, if they can bring in a competent front office guy they could lure Naperville native Sean Payton from New Orleans.

Maybe they can coax Bill Pollian out of retirement, after all he would be the closest in age to the Bears owner.

11 hours ago, HHF said:

Hasn't Virginia Halas McCaskey and/or upper Bears management stated they have never fired a coach mid-season and don't intend to start now?

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Hasn't Virginia Halas McCaskey and/or upper Bears management stated they have never fired a coach mid-season and don't intend to start now?

I don't know if they ever stated it (at least the limited amount I have followed) publicly, but many talking heads have stated they have never fired a coach mid-season.

2 minutes ago, DE said:

I don't know if they ever stated it (at least the limited amount I have followed) publicly, but many talking heads have stated they have never fired a coach mid-season.

That’s largely because for 50 years the owner, GM and Coach were the same person.

3 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

I think nagy gets way too much blame. Pace is the one always mortgaging the future and trading picks and killing depth.  They should try to hire Peyton manning as president of football ops and let me do everything.

Nagy's play calling is also hurrendous. He was touted as an offensive guru from the Andy Reid tree and has probably shown why he was never calling plays when he was with Kansas City. I wouldn't be surprised if some GM's have soured on Bieniemy because of how awful Nagy has been. 

8 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I'm having some second thoughts on Ryan Day.  I saw an interview with Rex Ryan yesterday and he just completely ripped Urban Meyer for basically being a college coach thinking he could just easily transition to the NFL.  Ryan made some great points about how the two levels are so completely different.  And he made 100% complete sense.  As much as I like Day, Im now thinking an experienced NFL HC with a winning pedigree is probably the better choice for this franchise.  And as far as the weather is concerned, the Packers seem to do pretty well playing in the cold.  

33 minutes ago, HHF said:

I'm having some second thoughts on Ryan Day.  I saw an interview with Rex Ryan yesterday and he just completely ripped Urban Meyer for basically being a college coach thinking he could just easily transition to the NFL.  Ryan made some great points about how the two levels are so completely different.  And he made 100% complete sense.  As much as I like Day, Im now thinking an experienced NFL HC with a winning pedigree is probably the better choice for this franchise.  And as far as the weather is concerned, the Packers seem to do pretty well playing in the cold.  

They have since Favre and Rodgers.  Before that?  Starr? Magic Man was solid I guess.

I am not sure the wind is quite the same in GB and Chicago.  

Who is the last great QB for the Bears?  Please don't say McMahon. He was solid...not great.

5 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

They have since Favre and Rodgers.  Before that?  Starr? Magic Man was solid I guess.

Who is the last great QB for the Bears?  Please don't say McMahon. He was solid...not great.

Jim Miller was great for about half a season.  Fields is the first that has the opportunity to be "great"  He has all the skills, all the tools.  Does he become the next Robert Griffin or the next Patrick Mahomes?

45 minutes ago, HHF said:

I was very impressed with Rex Ryan.  And he has strong Bear family ties.  Maybe he was auditioning for the job.  

Check this out.  Doesn't Ryan look like a Chicago Bear Head Coach?

https://www.espn.in/video/clip/_/id/32902825

He was DEFINITELY lobbying for that job. I am not sure his style is fit for today's game though. His style really was not fit for the game when he was a head coach. I do not believe he has the resume to get another job. I have always thought that he and his twin brother liked to make things about themselves. 

13 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Sid Luckman?

Read this stat the other day.....

Matt Nagy's passing offense is averaging 173.8 yards per game.  Which ranked last in the NFL.

From 1943 to 1947, Sid Luckman averaged 189.5 passing yards per game.

13 hours ago, HHF said:

I was very impressed with Rex Ryan.  And he has strong Bear family ties.  Maybe he was auditioning for the job.  

Check this out.  Doesn't Ryan look like a Chicago Bear Head Coach?

https://www.espn.in/video/clip/_/id/32902825

If Rex Ryan were to get the Bear HFB job, would his wife get a Justin Fields tattoo, also?

• Haha 1