Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Final USAToday sportspoll

46 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Attempt to discredit? 

Imagine attempting to display outrage at a fellow poster and claim disrespect because he is stating his opinion on a mythical poll in which he probably still thinks CG is a top 25 team just not top 5.

@Footballking16and I have our differences on this board and rarely agree but you attacking his opinion is comical.

If Brady Allen doesn’t deserve Mr. Football in @Grover’s opinion due to lack of competition than you also have to question CG being placed in front of teams with much better resumes who have played tougher competition.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

18 minutes ago, Grover said:

Still waiting for you to quote me on that. 

The rest of your post is your normal gibberish. 

You're right, I apologize. It was all Rock attempting to discredit Brady Allen as Mr. Football winner.

Sorry for lumping you in, that's not good company to be associated with.

That being said, I still don't think Center Grove is one of the 5 best teams in America. Worthy of a top 25 ranking (undefeated, state champs, etc) in my opinion, but if they played the type of schedule that many of the teams in the top 25 play I think their record would reflect as such. No doubt football in Indiana is growing (and getting better), but it's still light years behind South Florida, Texas, CA, etc. 

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Which is hypocrisy because these same two posters are trying to discredit a certain POY award winner in a thread just below this. 

At no time did I ever discredit any high school football player.  I even stated he was an outstanding player.  I simply stated the young man we were pulling for is a better ALL AROUND football player....given he played both sides of the ball and special teams.  

But I also understand the history of award recipients and stated such.  I never typed or stated one negative word when Mr. Allen received the award.  Not one.

I just wonder if you are man enough to admit this and apologize for making your above statement which is blatantly false.

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You're right, I apologize. It was all Rock attempting to discredit Brady Allen as Mr. Football winner.

Sorry for lumping you in, that's not good company to be associated with.

you are indeed pathetic

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

I read for two weeks that Allen shouldn't win the award because he "only" plays QB and only plays 3A competition. 

that is not attacking or discrediting anyone.....there was a difference between him and Curry.  Those are facts.  I see you left out the repeated times I stated he was an outstanding player.  

• Disdain 1

26 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

that is not attacking or discrediting anyone.....there was a difference between him and Curry.  Those are facts.  I see you left out the repeated times I stated he was an outstanding player.  

Kind of like me saying Center Grove had a tremendous and successful season but didn't play a schedule remotely close to some of these 1 loss teams ranked behind the Trojans?

I wasn't lying when I called you a hypocrite. 

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Kind of like me saying Center Grove had a tremendous and successful season but didn't play a schedule remotely close to some of these 1 loss teams ranked behind the Trojans?

I wasn't lying when I called you a hypocrite. 

There is a difference between 3A and 6A.  There is a difference in competition between the 2 conferences.  And that was the same discussion back and forth during the Kiser and Bell year.  That doesn't mean I stated the young man wasn't good.....I have plenty of statements on this forum indicating I felt he was outstanding.  

I don't care one second about your opinion about Center Grove.  Its your dime.  I've made it clear that I accept the qualifications of those folks for MaxPreps, HSFA and USA Today well over yours.  So you can pontificate yourself to death...as usual.  

Its one thing for you to be the forum blowhard...every forum has one.  But you are simply rotten to the core.  And that is a completely different issue.

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

There is a difference between 3A and 6A.  There is a difference in competition between the 2 conferences.  And that was the same discussion back and forth during the Kiser and Bell year.  That doesn't mean I stated the young man wasn't good.....I have plenty of statements on this forum indicating I felt he was outstanding.  

I don't care one second about your opinion about Center Grove.  Its your dime.  I've made it clear that I accept the qualifications of those folks for MaxPreps, HSFA and USA Today well over yours.  So you can pontificate yourself to death...as usual.  

Its one thing for you to be the forum blowhard...every forum has one.  But you are simply rotten to the core.  And that is a completely different issue.

Right. 

And there’s a difference between playing Pike, Lawrence Central, North Central, etc for half your schedule vs playing teams with multiple P5 players every week.

You really think Center Grove would compete with IMG, let alone beat them?

22 hours ago, Grover said:

My uncle is only two balls from being my aunt.

I have one that is an "Aunt"....Times have changed  🤨

But I totally agree with you, and those that are in line with the NATIONAL rankings boards that have CG @ #5 Nationally.  Who cares what those think about "what if's and what could have happened"?  

Who's to say if the player had caught the TD pass, that CG may not have stormed down the field and scored? 

Besides, I am still dealing with that GOOFBALL who thought he saw a 'change of possession' and clearly upon "replay review"... was absolutely BLIND!.  That guy sucked!  I am gonna deal with him, next time I run into him.

Because I know exactly who he is!   😀

• Haha 2

At the end of the day, it's fun to see your team ranked high in the USA Today Top 25. That's where we're at with Center Grove. Warren Central, Ben Davis, Carmel, Cathedral, and Snider have been there. Some finished 1st, some 4th and 5th, and others 15th. It's a fun poll, that's all that it is. There is absolutely no way to determine where a team falls in the Top 25 without playing one another. Again, it's a fun poll, and that's it. Maybe Center Grove is 5th, maybe they are 25th, who cares. They are state champs and that is what matters most. Center Grove will go down as one of the better Indiana teams of all time, and that in itself is a major compliment. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, BTF said:

At the end of the day, it's fun to see your team ranked high in the USA Today Top 25. That's where we're at with Center Grove. Warren Central, Ben Davis, Carmel, Cathedral, and Snider have been there. Some finished 1st, some 4th and 5th, and others 15th. It's a fun poll, that's all that it is. There is absolutely no way to determine where a team falls in the Top 25 without playing one another. Again, it's a fun poll, and that's it. Maybe Center Grove is 5th, maybe they are 25th, who cares. They are state champs and that is what matters most. Center Grove will go down as one of the better Indiana teams of all time, and that in itself is a major compliment. 

Boom.

17 hours ago, temptation said:

If Brady Allen doesn’t deserve Mr. Football in @Grover’s opinion due to lack of competition than you also have to question CG being placed in front of teams with much better resumes who have played tougher competition.

Football King was man enough to walk back his accusation.  You aren't.  Neither move surprises me.

12 minutes ago, Grover said:

Football King was man enough to walk back his accusation.  You aren't.  Neither move surprises me.

I was just taking his word for it, my mistake.  But the fact that you are keeping score and still posting in this thread shows you are so butt hurt.

The school which you support is less than a month removed from winning the state championship and you’re out here pretending to be outraged about disrespect due to some mythical poll…

Prop your feet up and have a drink dude.

17 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Right. 

And there’s a difference between playing Pike, Lawrence Central, North Central, etc for half your schedule vs playing teams with multiple P5 players every week.

You really think Center Grove would compete with IMG, let alone beat them?

Really done talking about this....my concern is you hijacking this thread and totally misrepresenting me in my words and feelings about Brady Allen.  Beyond inappropriate.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I was just taking his word for it, my mistake.  But the fact that you are keeping score and still posting in this thread shows you are so butt hurt.

The school which you support is less than a month removed from winning the state championship and you’re out here pretending to be outraged about disrespect due to some mythical poll…

Prop your feet up and have a drink dude.

Yeah, inaccurately insult somebody then blame them for the reaction.  🤪

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Grover said:

Calling somebody a hypocrite is an insult even if you aren’t smart enough to recognize it. 

Hypocrite was not a word brought to this discussion by me.

Hit Google.  They will have tons of therapist recommendations…might even get a holiday discount.

39 minutes ago, temptation said:

Hypocrite was not a word brought to this discussion by me.

Hit Google.  They will have tons of therapist recommendations…might even get a holiday discount.

While you did not bring the word into the discussion (and it was unnecessarily brought in), quoting the person who did use it first and replying "helluva point" is pretty much the same. 

The fact is the discussion regarding who was deserving of the Mr. Football title should have never been brought in to the conversation. The poster who did, @Footballking16 has a tendency to take things a step too far, and too often. Not sure why personal attacks have to become a part of SO many topics any more, especially ones unrelated to any of the topics they show up in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

While you did not bring the word into the discussion (and it was unnecessarily brought in), quoting the person who did use it first and replying "helluva point" is pretty much the same. 

The fact is the discussion regarding who was deserving of the Mr. Football title should have never been brought in to the conversation. The poster who did, @Footballking16 has a tendency to take things a step too far, and too often. Not sure why personal attacks have to become a part of SO many topics any more, especially ones unrelated to any of the topics they show up in. 

“Pretty much the same?”

Do you also think Great Value brand cereal tastes the same as the name brand?

Come on man.

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

Do you also think Great Value brand cereal tastes the same as the name brand?

Depends on the cereal.  Some do, some don't.

I find the Great Value brand Raisin Bran and Shredded Wheat on par with the name brands.  And it keeps me regular.

• Like 1