Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Top Indiana High School Coaches on The Radar

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The best version of yourself might be more concerned with finding a great fit for your little ones in school and the community you would like to seem them grow up in or a great church that is a fit or an administration that fully supports you or a community that supports the program in everyway or a feeder system that doesn't need an overhaul or perhaps proximity to grandparents matters.  This list isn't all inclusive.

That said I do think the list is a nice acknowledgment of what all these fine coaches are doing.  Thanks for putting it together.

I am a professional myself and I can tell tell you keeping my kids in the South Gibson School Corporation has cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars with regard to my own work.  Best decision I ever made.

All great points.  And I agree with them all.  We all have our choices to make and our paths to follow.  I do think we are in a new era where you will see fewer and fewer lifetime coaches like we have seen in the past.  Its just a different time and a different mindset.  I think about a guy like John Broughton at Pendleton Heights.  He was there forever and they never won anything, but I doubt he was ever pressured to leave or pursue other opportunities.  Those days are going away fast.  

2 hours ago, HHF said:

Coach Hart is going to be judged on what he can accomplish without Brady Allen.  

We used to joke that anybody with a pulse and a whistle could coach the Warren Central teams that won 4 straight state championships at the highest level.  Talent makes a difference.  

I think that’s what separates the really good ones from the great ones. The ability to get more than 1 group of kids to LOS. Time will tell. 

On 12/27/2021 at 3:14 PM, Purdue Pete said:

Colby’s time at Mac was puzzling.  They returned a ton that year including their do everything back.  Guess one could blame it on covid like everything else but that was a very disappointing year for Mac.

I wish young Mr. Colby would have stayed coaching at my high school alma mater.  Yet Maconaquah will ever be known as a 'basketball school' and football will never receive the community support that basketball enjoys.  Probably the same for Kokomo.

I think public and private obviously make a huge difference.  How nice would be to coach at a school where you don't have 200+ kids there doing nothing but breathing.  Having more athletes per enrollment capita than equally classified publics must be a joy for a coach.  Would be interesting to swap some of these guys around for a few hypothetical seasons and see what the results look like.

17 hours ago, HHF said:

Coach Hart is going to be judged on what he can accomplish without Brady Allen.  

We used to joke that anybody with a pulse and a whistle could coach the Warren Central teams that won 4 straight state championships at the highest level.  Talent makes a difference.  

2012    11-3
2013    13-1
2014    10-2
2015    13-1
2016    9-1
2017    11-1
2018    9-3
2019    8-3
2020    7-4
2021    14-1

Without Brady Allen (2012-2017) 67-9 (.882)  3 sectionals, 3 regionals
With Brady Allen (2018-2021) 38-8 (.826) 1 sectional, 1 regional, 1 semi, 1 state

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

2012    11-3
2013    13-1
2014    10-2
2015    13-1
2016    9-1
2017    11-1
2018    9-3
2019    8-3
2020    7-4
2021    14-1

Without Brady Allen (2012-2017) 67-9 (.882)  3 sectionals, 3 regionals
With Brady Allen (2018-2021) 38-8 (.826) 1 sectional, 1 regional, 1 semi, 1 state

No doubt GS has played a tougher non con schedule during the Allen era.  Nonetheless, your point is well made.  

I wouldnt be surprised to see him cash in on his success and pull down a 150K per year job in Indy.  

1 hour ago, HHF said:

No doubt GS has played a tougher non con schedule during the Allen era.  Nonetheless, your point is well made.  

I wouldnt be surprised to see him cash in on his success and pull down a 150K per year job in Indy.  

Every single offseason since he took over as the HC for Gibson Southern….and I really do mean every single one…there has been all this speculation that he would leave.  Numerous coaching positions have opened up during that time including ones that would put him near his parents or even one at his alma mater (Reitz).  And he has stayed.

he has spoken numerous times about how he loves the GS community and how they are “All in” with their support of the team. He’s also stated that he loves that his best friends outside of work are also his assistant coaches.  

The man works with his best friends every day, he has an incredible amount of support from the community, he’s had tremendous success every year for a decade, and he just got a promotion to AD…

but sure…tell us how reviving a program in the HCC or MIC is more appealing lol 

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Which Indy schools are paying football coaches $150K per year?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Every single offseason since he took over as the HC for Gibson Southern….and I really do mean every single one…there has been all this speculation that he would leave.  Numerous coaching positions have opened up during that time including ones that would put him near his parents or even one at his alma mater (Reitz).  And he has stayed.

he has spoken numerous times about how he loves the GS community and how they are “All in” with their support of the team. He’s also stated that he loves that his best friends outside of work are also his assistant coaches.  

The man works with his best friends every day, he has an incredible amount of support from the community, he’s had tremendous success every year for a decade, and he just got a promotion to AD…

but sure…tell us how reviving a program in the HCC or MIC is more appealing lol 

Its also possible that he wanted to play out the full Allen era and win his state championship, vastly improving his bargaining power and opening up a plethora of additional opportunities.  Read the Rick Wimmer article, and his comments on what winning the state title in 3A in 1987 did for his career prospects.  

I know you desperately want to hang on to what youve got down there, but this is the first major career crossroads that Coach Hart has crossed.  With Allen gone, his decision now becomes much clearer and much easier.  

Just now, Grover said:

Which Indy schools are paying football coaches $150K per year?

I don't acknowledge your existence.  Ask temptation.  He is the expert on these matters.

1 hour ago, RingLeader said:

Adam Berry Pioneer 73-8 with 4 rings in 6 years and 30 yrs old 

not on this list😳 

Great call.  Got to give some of that credit to Mike Johnson, who left the cupboard full when he bolted for Logansport.  Those Llewellyn kids were pretty good too.  

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Its also possible that he wanted to play out the full Allen era and win his state championship, vastly improving his bargaining power and opening up a plethora of additional opportunities.  Read the Rick Wimmer article, and his comments on what winning the state title in 3A in 1987 did for his career prospects.  

I know you desperately want to hang on to what youve got down there, but this is the first major career crossroads that Coach Hart has crossed.  With Allen gone, his decision now becomes much clearer and much easier.  

I want you to stop desperately trying to stir up controversy and read what I am about to write here.

Coach Hart accepted the promotion to  Athletic Director for Gibson Southern THIS YEAR.  Let me repeat….THIS YEAR….Allen was already a senior.  The team had its eyes set on a state title and was one of the favorites to represent 3A south.

Why on earth would someone take on a new position that requires a ton more responsibility and one that relies on the person being a stable fixture to the school if he was thinking about leaving at all? Especially in this Covid era where so many sports are cancelling matchups or rescheduling.

I’m fairly certain that if Coach Hart had even a small desire to change things up, that it would have been mentioned during the hiring process.  No school board would unanimously vote someone into being the Athletic Director for their HS if they didn’t believe the new hire would keep the position for some time after….and on top of that, anyone applying to be the AD wouldn’t do so if they knew they were going to seek out other opportunities in the near future.  

Everything you just typed out was a complete waste of your time simply because you didn’t read and you neglected to use any critical thinking on this subject.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

19 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I want you to stop desperately trying to stir up controversy and read what I am about to write here.

Coach Hart accepted the promotion to  Athletic Director for Gibson Southern THIS YEAR.  Let me repeat….THIS YEAR….Allen was already a senior.  The team had its eyes set on a state title and was one of the favorites to represent 3A south.

Why on earth would someone take on a new position that requires a ton more responsibility and one that relies on the person being a stable fixture to the school if he was thinking about leaving at all? Especially in this Covid era where so many sports are cancelling matchups or rescheduling.

I’m fairly certain that if Coach Hart had even a small desire to change things up, that it would have been mentioned during the hiring process.  No school board would unanimously vote someone into being the Athletic Director for their HS if they didn’t believe the new hire would keep the position for some time after….and on top of that, anyone applying to be the AD wouldn’t do so if they knew they were going to seek out other opportunities in the near future.  

Everything you just typed out was a complete waste of your time simply because you didn’t read and you neglected to use any critical thinking on this subject.

You live in a very small world my friend.  People accept promotions and take on more responsibility every day, and then move on when a golden opportunity is presented to them.  I doubt Coach Hart received any offers to leave during the season.  But you can bet he will be on the short list, and likely has already been contacted by schools with openings, not only in Indiana but in neighboring states.  

21 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Being the AD is a tiresome job.  Wouldn’t you think he’d give that up to make the same money at a big school just coaching football.  Every coach we’ve have at TW had the same thing.  Community support, friends on staff, great facilities, good feeder system, etc.  Gillin, Haste, Coll all left for bigger better jobs and more money.

13 minutes ago, HHF said:

You live in a very small world my friend.  People accept promotions and take on more responsibility every day, and then move on when a golden opportunity is presented to them.  I doubt Coach Hart received any offers to leave during the season.  But you can bet he will be on the short list, and likely has already been contacted by schools with openings, not only in Indiana but in neighboring states.  

I’m done with your BS.  You have interviewed Coach Hart…ask him yourself instead of stirring up the pot just because you want Indiana football to be played like a game of Risk. 

11 minutes ago, superjay said:

Being the AD is a tiresome job.  Wouldn’t you think he’d give that up to make the same money at a big school just coaching football.  Every coach we’ve have at TW had the same thing.  Community support, friends on staff, great facilities, good feeder system, etc.  Gillin, Haste, Coll all left for bigger better jobs and more money.

he might later down the road…all a possibility.  And he will have his support from the GS community and beyond follow him if he ever chooses to leave for whatever reason it may be.  Imo it just wouldn’t make sense to accept a promotion to AD after 10 years of being at the school only to leave 6 months later. It just doesn’t make sense to me

32 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m done with your BS.  You have interviewed Coach Hart…ask him yourself instead of stirring up the pot just because you want Indiana football to be played like a game of Risk. 

he might later down the road…all a possibility.  And he will have his support from the GS community and beyond follow him if he ever chooses to leave for whatever reason it may be.  Imo it just wouldn’t make sense to accept a promotion to AD after 10 years of being at the school only to leave 6 months later. It just doesn’t make sense to me

I did ask him.  Its in his July interview in The HHF.  Check it out.   https://www.facebook.com/Hoosier-High-School-Football-107360041590757/

Use the search function to find it

1 minute ago, Screagle said:

It would be silly to leave in the next few years. Clear path to LOS with Memorial and Chatard up in 4A. 

Marian

West Lafayette

Tri West

Danville

Brebeuf

Cant replace a once in a lifetime Big Ten QB.  Road will be tough