Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Top Indiana High School Coaches on The Radar

23 minutes ago, Screagle said:

It would be silly to leave in the next few years. Clear path to LOS with Memorial and Chatard up in 4A. 

Hart is 3-3 with Memorial in his tenor at GS and owns the largest margin of victory.  No one in Southern Gibson County celebrated Memorial moving up.  NO ONE.

That said, I think coach Hurley should have been on this list.  He is top notch.

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just because my avatar IS a referee doesn’t mean I do it in my spare time fellas.  

Play nice.

John Hebert makes 94K in teacher pay at Carmel, not including his coaching stipend.  Add in his coaching pay and he is likely in the 115-120 range.  

Its certainly not out of the range of possibility that a school wanting to hire a hot young coach with the intentions of turning around its program might bump that figure by 20 to 30% if thats what it takes to get their man.  

Thats how you get to $150K

Inflation is driving compensation increases everywhere, especially for top performers.  There are a handful of young coaches who could come to Indy seeking that amount.  Several are on my list.

Edited by HHF

14 hours ago, HHF said:

John Hebert makes 94K in teacher pay at Carmel, not including his coaching stipend.  Add in his coaching pay and he is likely in the 115-120 range. 

Wow.   Do government schools engage in the practice of adding incentives (# of victories, playoff success, etc.) into these coaching stipends in order to boost the possible pay?

20 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Hart is 3-3 with Memorial in his tenor at GS and owns the largest margin of victory.  No one in Southern Gibson County celebrated Memorial moving up.  NO ONE.

That said, I think coach Hurley should have been on this list.  He is top notch.

I think we all would have enjoyed some GS-EM matchups over the last 3 years. Instead we are stuck with message board arguments and website projections like this:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2021] Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 35, [2018] Reitz Memorial (Evansville, IN) 34

20 hours ago, Titan32 said:

He’s a great coach and sings tenors too? That’s badass, I swear to God it is!

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, HHF said:

Its certainly not out of the range of possibility that a school wanting to hire a hot young coach with the intentions of turning around its program might bump that figure by 20 to 30% if thats what it takes to get their man.  

Inflation is driving compensation increases everywhere, especially for top performers.  There are a handful of young coaches who could come to Indy seeking that amount.  Several are on my list.

Dang….that’s almost Tango Money there!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

I think we all would have enjoyed some GS-EM matchups over the last 3 years. Instead we are stuck with message board arguments and website projections like this:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2021] Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 35, [2018] Reitz Memorial (Evansville, IN) 34

If only we could time travel and take an entire team back to 2018 to see that matchup.  

it’s probably going to be a long time before EM and GS have teams that can be in the same tier of conversation as those you have mentioned. 

On 12/29/2021 at 4:48 PM, HHF said:

Carmel's stipend for the football coach is a range between 9.0% and 13.5% of his salary.  If it is maxed out at 13.5% his total pay would be less than $107K.  That's a long way short of $150K.

43 minutes ago, Grover said:

Carmel's stipend for the football coach is a range between 9.0% and 13.5% of his salary.  If it is maxed out at 13.5% his total pay would be less than $107K.  That's a long way short of $150K.

image.jpeg.cf988a11e41b5ab8307e44a35d1bf3c9.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

On 12/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Well it’s a good thing Coach Hart is now the Athletic Director at Gibson  Southern lol  

it’s been a solid 10 years of rumors or speculation that Coach Hart would leave.  

Imo, he’s the best offensive play designer/play caller in the state and likes to play mind games with opposing coaches to get them in the defenses he wants for certain plays. 

If he were to ever leave Gibson Southern, it wouldn’t be for another high school lol.  It would be for a college program.  

Has Nick been able to get his teaching license?

Edited by MHSTigerFan

On 12/29/2021 at 4:48 PM, HHF said:

94K with the coaching stipend.  The website you are using shows the total amount paid from the school to the teacher.

• Like 1