Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Top Indiana High School Coaches on The Radar

On 1/6/2022 at 12:04 PM, BDGiant93 said:

It would have to be negotiated in the teacher contract. I would think it would then have to apply across the board.

It's my understanding that there are a few coaches in the Wabash River conference that negotiate their contracts separate from the union. I don't think they're covered under the regular teacher contract.

12 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Anyone know how much videographers make in the MIC?  Asking for a friend …

I would be interested in knowing this as well, in addition to what rigs the MIC teams are all using

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2022 at 12:48 PM, Hoosier21 said:

Hearing some rumors regarding Coaching changes at Parke Heritage...  Anyone know any truth to this?

5 of 8 WRC teams are searching for new coaches, or will be shortly. 2022 promises to be an interesting year in the SEC of Indiana high school football

19 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

How much do they make? You assume that the programs pay for that service? You'd have to contact the programs directly. To my knowledge, it's most typically a volunteer/student manager/student from a broadcast program who shoots game video and things...don't quote me on that though.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

It's my understanding that there are a few coaches in the Wabash River conference that negotiate their contracts separate from the union. I don't think they're covered under the regular teacher contract.

Hmm...interesting. The contracts are negotiated by the union and the districts, but you are not bound to be a union member to benefit from the contract. Are they lay coaches or teachers? 

10 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Hmm...interesting. The contracts are negotiated by the union and the districts, but you are not bound to be a union member to benefit from the contract. Are they lay coaches or teachers? 

That’s the way it has to be in public sector unions.

19 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

20 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

How much do they make? You assume that the programs pay for that service? You'd have to contact the programs directly. To my knowledge, it's most typically a volunteer/student manager/student from a broadcast program who shoots game video and things...don't quote me on that though.

I have it on very good authority they make somewhere around six figures per home game in the MIC.  Personally, I'd split my six figures as follows:  Two brats, one burger, one popcorn, one Skittles, and one Dr. Pepper.  Depending on who you know with the boosters, you may be able to get a hot chocolate gratis during playoffs (but you probably have to keep that on the down low).  So, seven figures occasionally.  On the down side, away game rates are not quite so friendly.  I hear you even have to pay for all your figures for road games.

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That’s the way it has to be in public sector unions.

um?????????

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

um????????????

• 6 months later...