Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen (HHF sitting in for DT) Spraying to All Fields

On 12/28/2021 at 9:18 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Wish we had at least an non conf week in the SIAC, had planned an interesting idea when they announced VL/Jasper coming into the SIAC in 2020 and thought of an divisions 

I'm in complete agreement on this. Would love to see MD keep the traditional rivalry games of Memorial and Reitz but it would also be great to play a team or two from out of the area. If we could rotate through the other conference teams and just play Reitz, Memorial and then 5 of the other 7 (dropping two of either Bosse, Harrison, Vincennes Lincoln, Central, North, Jasper or Castle) each year. That makes it hard to crown a conference champ though, especially if one team drops Castle and Jasper and plays Bosse and Harrison while another team has just the opposite. I doubt we will see that happen but maybe .....

37 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I'm in complete agreement on this. Would love to see MD keep the traditional rivalry games of Memorial and Reitz but it would also be great to play a team or two from out of the area. If we could rotate through the other conference teams and just play Reitz, Memorial and then 5 of the other 7 (dropping two of either Bosse, Harrison, Vincennes Lincoln, Central, North, Jasper or Castle) each year. That makes it hard to crown a conference champ though, especially if one team drops Castle and Jasper and plays Bosse and Harrison while another team has just the opposite. I doubt we will see that happen but maybe .....

NCC has a situation where they have 10 in the conference, play a single-league, 7-game conference schedule with a pair of non-conference games, and it ends up with a less-than-perfect way of crowning the champion.  They basically go by the best record of conference games even though each team in the conference will only play seven out of the nine remaining teams in any given season; leaving teams to likely have less than equal conference schedules in the season. 

53 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

9 minutes ago, foxbat said:

NCC has a situation where they have 10 in the conference, play a single-league, 7-game conference schedule with a pair of non-conference games, and it ends up with a less-than-perfect way of crowning the champion.  They basically go by the best record of conference games even though each team in the conference will only play seven out of the nine remaining teams in any given season; leaving teams to likely have less than equal conference schedules in the season. 

I always felt like being Co-Champions with a team you didn't get to play was a worthwhile price to pay to get more out of conference games.