Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen (HHF sitting in for DT) Spraying to All Fields

1 minute ago, HHF said:

That will kill it

so? It is no longer about high school football; which is what this main forum is for. That has ALWAYS been the standard. I would add that EVERY person involved in the current conversation frequents the next level forum, sooooooo

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

so? It is no longer about high school football; which is what this main forum is for. That has ALWAYS been the standard. I would add that EVERY person involved in the current conversation frequents the next level forum, sooooooo

You must be bored

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Rutgers is a different team now that Schiano has his guys in place.  They won 5 games this year and are on the way up.

Bielema is building up The Illini quickly.  

Purdue has passed IU

Minnesota passed IU long time ago.

Maryland has better talent than IU but is poorly coached.  That will change.  

The rest are out of IUs league.

I think people were expecting McCulley to be anoher Penix.  Thats likely not going to happen.  

There was nowhere to go but up for Rutgers, I’d pump the breaks a tad. The Scarlet Knights this year beat:

3-9 Temple

5-7 Syracuse

5-6 Delaware (FCS)

5-7 Illinois

2-10 Indiana

Not exactly murders row. They will definitely continue to improve under Schiano but still have a ways to go.

On that note, I knew it would be a matter of time until one of the other eleven topics would be brought to the table. I'll be the first:

4.    New topic coming soon.

11.   Were spoiled in Northeast Indiana with high school football coverage. The media eats it up. What's not to like? You have Snider, Dwenger, and Luers with their many state titles. Homestead, Leo and Carroll have top notch facilities and threaten to be a statewide player year in and year out. Throw in the occasional Concordia and Wayne, and you have some pretty interesting football up here. Not to mention other teams in the Fort Wayne viewing area. South Adams, Adams Central, Eastside, and East Noble. Then you have Summit City Sports that provides every SAC game every Friday night. Again, pretty lucky here in the Summit. 

As far as interviews go. Didn't you get a response from Snider and Carrroll?

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

On that note, I knew it would be a matter of time until one of the other eleven topics would be brought to the table. I'll be the first:

4.    New topic coming soon.

11.   Were spoiled in Northeast Indiana with high school football coverage. The media eats it up. What's not to like? You have Snider, Dwenger, and Luers with their many state titles. Homestead, Leo and Carroll have top notch facilities and threaten to be a statewide player year in and year out. Throw in the occasional Concordia and Wayne, and you have some pretty interesting football up here. Not to mention other teams in the Fort Wayne viewing area. South Adams, Adams Central, Eastside, and East Noble. Then you have Summit City Sports that provides every SAC game every Friday night. Again, pretty lucky here in the Summit. 

As far as interviews go. Didn't you get a response from Snider and Carrroll?

When will Homestead, Carroll or Leo breakthrough on a statewide level?

We’ve been waiting.

Just now, temptation said:

When will Homestead, Carroll or Leo breakthrough on a statewide level?

We’ve been waiting.

Leo was in the 4a discussion (title contenders) this year. Carroll was in the 6a discussion this year. Homestead was in the discussion in '19 & '20. Do discussions count? It tells me at the very least that they are relevant. But that's not what my comment was about. It was more about the fact that they are solid programs competing with traditional SAC powers Snider, Dwenger, and Luers. Therefore making football in Northeast Indiana exciting enough for the media to pay attention to. 

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

We’ve been waiting.

I can assure you that every high school football fan in Fort Wayne is waiting as well. We have the mentality up there that if Center Grove can do it, then so can Homestead and Carroll. I think the closed conference schedule hurts them. The SAC needs to be restructured. And if it never is, then that tells me that the conference doesn't care much about winning a 6a title. 

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

Leo was in the 4a discussion (title contenders) this year. Carroll was in the 6a discussion this year. Homestead was in the discussion in '19 & '20. Do discussions count? It tells me at the very least that they are relevant. But that's not what my comment was about. It was more about the fact that they are solid programs competing with traditional SAC powers Snider, Dwenger, and Luers. Therefore making football in Northeast Indiana exciting enough for the media to pay attention to. 

I guess I just disagree with the definition of “in the conversation.”

I can tell you that no one in central Indiana has viewed them as a threat.

Getting blown out when the opportunity presents itself doesn’t help.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

I guess I just disagree with the definition of “in the conversation.”

I can tell you that no one in central Indiana has viewed them as a threat.

Getting blown out when the opportunity presents itself doesn’t help.

With the exception of you? I remember you stating last year that you were jumping on the Homestead bandwagon as a state title contender. 

I don't see you making that mistake again though. Until one of those teams wins regional, it's all just hyperbole. 

Edited by BTF
Additional wording

17 hours ago, HHF said:

Spraying to all fields.  When I hear that term, I think of Rod Carew, George Brett, Pete Rose, Tony Gwinn.  Guys who could effortlessly punch the ball to any corner of the park almost at will.  Ill be all over the place in this dozen.  Enjoy.

1. I'm hoping that Center Grove goes to The HCC, Franklin Central and Indy tech jump to The MIC and Carmel goes independent.  CG in and FC out leaves the HCC at 8 schools and stronger in all sports.  The Trojan athletic department will meld seamlessly with the other schools in the conference.  IPS leaders will lobby long and hard and eventually force Tech in to The MIC.  Tech will respond by improving facilities and upgrading their coaching staffs to compete at a much higher level.  Carmel is simply too big for the HCC and will be deemed a disruptor, hence the move to independence.  

2. We are in the early stages of the fall of Tom Allen at IU.  The massive hole the Hoosiers dug for themselves in 2021 is too big to dig out from.  Allen has already had his best recruiting class (2018) and his best record (2020) so its all downhill from here.  Greg Schiano has Rutgers on a quick rise.  They have already passed the Hoosiers.  Maryland has much more talent.  And OSU, UM, PSU and MSU seem like they are light years away.  Dark days are coming to Bloomington.  

3. I'm looking for the Bears to clean house and fire Nagy at seasons end and bring in Ryan Day.  Day will build the Bears into an NFL version of Ohio State.  Ill take that all week long.  

4. Id like to see the IHSAA adopt my proposal to split 6A into two 16 team divisions so the small 6A schools can have a fair and legitimate shot at playing for a state championship.  This group of schools (small 6A = less than 2500) are at a huge competitive disadvantage against the mega enrollment schools.  Its time to follow the Oklahoma model and get this done.  3 games on Championship Friday and 4 on Championship Saturday.  

5. The Contraction initiative needs to pick up steam and we need to see more schools follow the Oldenburg move and drop the sport.  Administrators have an obligation to provide the necessary resources if they choose to play varsity football in Indiana.  I'm strongly in favor of minimum participation standards which will require schools to meet a certain number of rostered players if they want to compete on Friday nights.  Its irresponsible and dangerous for officials to allow teams to play when they show up with less than 15 players to a varsity football game.  

6. PPs are getting stronger in the Covid era while the majority of public school programs are getting weaker.  With the Multiplier off the table, the IHSAA should mandate a simple and clean one class bump for all PPs who plan on playing varsity football next year.  This will take ALL pps out of Class 1A, which should have happened long ago.  Covenant has shown that you can assemble a PP from scratch and in 5 years contend for a state championship.  The 1 Class PP Bump Mandate combined with the SF will be the strongest move yet by the IHSAA to maintain competitive balance on the prep gridiron in Indiana.  

Stay Tuned - More to Come

I just don’t foresee Tech to the MIC as a legitimate option.  It does nothing for the MIC athletically or financially.

Once the HCC “vote” takes place the picture will become more clear.

Just now, BTF said:

With the exception of you? I remember you stating last year that you were jumping on the Homestead bandwagon as a state title contender. 

Never.  I said they’d make the Westfield contest interesting.  That’s as far as I went.

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

Never.  I said they’d make the Westfield contest interesting.  That’s as far as I went.

When I have time, I'll find the receipt. Actually, I won't. Too many threads to go through. I think it was 2019, not 2020. It's when Luke Goode was still playing football. Unfortunately, they lost their all everything offensive weapon (name is failing me) just before the playoffs started. Ended up surrendering to Carmel, not Westfield. 

It went something like this............."I'm actually jumping on the Homestead bandwagon." It was sometime around week 7. Who knows what that meant. Maybe it meant that they would be defeated by Carmel. What I took from it was that you thought they had a legitimate chance to get down to state and win it. Quite frankly, everyone up here in the northeast was pretty optimistic as well. 

Regardless. Homestead and Carroll both brought hyperbole over the last two years. Until they win regional, that's all it will ever be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

IU and Vanderbilt....the only 2 FBS programs this past season without a P5 victory........

Gotta give Coach Allen is just due.  He turned a marage of a half season in the Covid era into a lifelong annuity for his family that will take care of the next few generations of Allens.

All the "LEO" BS paid off handsomely for the highschool coach.

Kudos to TA. He's a magician.  Or better than that, an illusionist.  He created the "illusion" that there was a competitive Big Ten football team assembling in Bloomington, Indiana.  Most of you goofs bought into it.  

9 wins!  Really? Visions of Jim Mora are flying thru my head.

" 9 wins?  You gotta be kidding me. "

I can't believe I'm saying this...but completely agree with the East vs West All-Star split. 

Although I don't think its as easy as drawing the line right down the middle of the state, the voting is done based upon IFCA Regions...you'd have to find a way to divide the Regions into East/West...which I'm sure you could do...It just wouldn't be a neat as drawing a line down 31.

There are 10 regions....as long as Five go to each team and you split Indy and the other bigger population centers up fairly evenly you could do whatever you wanted and it would be more interesting.

Edited by US31

We have a thing in our coaches fantasy league...the 7th and 8th place guys play a game when everyone else is in the playoffs...it's called the toilet bowl...I had a question for the rest of our coaching staff...is the winner of the toilet bowl...or is the loser of that game...the winner of the toilet bowl...lol

9 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

We have a thing in our coaches fantasy league...the 7th and 8th place guys play a game when everyone else is in the playoffs...it's called the toilet bowl...I had a question for the rest of our coaching staff...is the winner of the toilet bowl...or is the loser of that game...the winner of the toilet bowl...lol

Asking for a friend?  Or were you the champ of the 🚽….

Edited by Coach Chambers