Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Could Porous Defense lead to Bucknut Flip?

Is Ohio State Still Interested in Playing Defense??????????
Watching the OSU defense get torched by Michigan and Utah over these past 6 quarters, I'm beginning to wonder if Ryan Day is just another of those offensive gurus who either forgot or never learned how to coach defensive football.
If Coach Day bolts for Chicago to take over the Bears after the Rose Bowl, could Center Grove's Caden Curry rethink his options and possibly go to Alabama, Clemson or even Michigan, where defense is still part of the playbook.
Say all you want about Urban Meyer, but his Buckeye defenses were light years ahead of this current OSU crew.
And I'm wondering why former Bucknut great James Laurinaitis is leaving the broadcast booth and joining the staff at Notre Dame. OSU couldn't use the schools all time tackling leader to help with this porous defense?

Caden-Curry-Courtesy.jpg

16 minutes ago, HHF said:
Watching the OSU defense get torched by Michigan and Utah over these past 6 quarters, I'm beginning to wonder if Ryan Day is just another of those offensive gurus who either forgot or never learned how to coach defensive football.
If Coach Day bolts for Chicago to take over the Bears after the Rose Bowl, could Center Grove's Caden Curry rethink his options and possibly go to Alabama, Clemson or even Michigan, where defense is still part of the playbook.
Say all you want about Urban Meyer, but his Buckeye defenses were light years ahead of this current OSU crew.
And I'm wondering why former Bucknut great James Laurinaitis is leaving the broadcast booth and joining the staff at Notre Dame. OSU couldn't use the schools all time tackling leader to help with this porous defense?

Caden-Curry-Courtesy.jpg

You did see Michigan’s D last night, didn’t you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, HHF said:

Caden-Curry-Courtesy.jpg

Or is the sell instant playing time?

10 minutes ago, DE said:

You did see Michigan’s D last night, didn’t you?

Georgia has 19 five stars on their roster…Utah has zero.