Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NLC - 2022

32 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

In addition to the 4 players who were 18 years old and were actually booked, were there any other underage players impacted? I guess I don't know what happens to 17 year olds and under who get "busted" at an underage drinking situation

Minors and handled differently by the law I would assume

While not getting in to the situation, I can say it appears their were 7 all together.  Im not going to say positions, as its not my place to put that out there.  I can say that in my opinion, the team will be ok.  There will be some players that will have to go both ways.  I think the coaches will put people where they need to be to patch up the holes.  I still believe, even with some people out, NorthWood will still win the North in 4A.  Will the games be closer than they would have been...probably...but I also think those players will be eligable by semi state.  

On a side note...I saw the interview with Bart Curtis on WHME...is Warsaw also facing some issues and if so, will that effect their game with Elkhart?  I see the two schools as even in my opinion and should be a good game.

2 hours ago, 00NWP said:

On a side note...I saw the interview with Bart Curtis on WHME...is Warsaw also facing some issues and if so, will that effect their game with Elkhart?  I see the two schools as even in my opinion and should be a good game.

Yes. Back to back weeks but ought to be getting kids back now I believe.

Kids make mistakes and they and their teammates will pay the price for these poor decisions.  But in the South Bend Tribune article the Chief made it sound like not a big deal.  That is more concerning to me than anything.  Underage kids drinking and speeding along a highway should be a concern for us all.  

Just because someone didn't get hurt doesn't make it any better.

20 hours ago, 00NWP said:

Will the games be closer than they would have been...probably...but I also think those players will be eligable by semi state.  

If they get that far without them, wouldn't it be in the best interest of the program not to let them play.  Obviously the kids who filled in can do the job and they didn't do the crime so they lose their position so these kids can play?  

What do some of the coaches on here think?

Hate to see things like this happen, especially to a team/program in the midst of a special season. But, alas, kids will be kids and teenagers at times think they are 10 feet tall and bulletproof.  The dilemma now is how does the caching staff/head coach handle this, especially with it being made so public?  Not sure what NorthWood has for any type of "code of conduct" policy but I know schools in Ft Wayne usually have a 1/3 season suspension (3 games) minimum for similar type offenses.  IMHO anything less than that calls into question the coaching integrity for the school/football program.  With that being said, the kids in violation would be back by Semi-state with a probable date with, I believe, Kokomo.  BUT, getting by the sec 19 winner (Columbia City I'm predicting) with up to 5 defensive starters missing will be a VERY tall task.

What a colossal failure on the part of those senior leaders at NorthWood. In order to win state you have to be completely focused. They are not the first and won’t be the last to make a self centered choice. Actions have consequences, tough way to learn that lesson. Glad it happened this way and not with a horrible car accident. 

From my understanding nothing has been announced publicly but they’ve been informed they will sit for 3 games.  Should the Panthers reach semi state they will be able to play again.  I think honestly MarshallCounty the lack of close games for NW caused this. They had 1 all year vs Mishawaka.  When you’re blowing every team out you can lose focus fast. Especially after playing 4 pushovers in a row for the past month. 

Looks like a rematch next week at Andrews Field. Should be a good one! Obviously NW has several players out, but I noticed #5 for Northridge wasn’t dressed tonight. Is he injured badly or should he return soon? 

Just now, johnny U said:

I was fortunate enough to see NorthWood play last night.  I have been to a game every Friday night and in my opinion Nitro Tuggle is the best player I have seen this year.

Not sure about the best I have seen but he is an amazing athlete.  He has a bright future playing football in a big time program if he works at it.  Athletic, nice size, quickness.  

Can someone please tell Northridge it's alright to win football games during the regular season. Amazing how the bracket/circumstances are opening up for another chance at a run for the Raiders. Not really knowing much about NR or the new look NW, what are the chances the Raiders get it done this upcoming week?

16 hours ago, CTP said:

Looks like a rematch next week at Andrews Field. Should be a good one! Obviously NW has several players out, but I noticed #5 for Northridge wasn’t dressed tonight. Is he injured badly or should he return soon? 

He's been out since early in the first sectional game, heard he was expected to miss several weeks is all I know

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, npcougar15 said:

Can someone please tell Northridge it's alright to win football games during the regular season. Amazing how the bracket/circumstances are opening up for another chance at a run for the Raiders. Not really knowing much about NR or the new look NW, what are the chances the Raiders get it done this upcoming week?

If the Raiders can contain Tuggle and avoid falling for NorthWood’s trick plays on offense, it’ll be close. Although, it appears Northridge will be without their stud running back. I’m sure they have other workhorses who they can feed though. Weather looks to be a non-factor for both pass heavy offenses. Field conditions should be in good shape as this will be the first game on Andrews Field in a couple weeks.

I was stunned By the New Prairie / Lowell game. It got out of hand quickly. Kudos to your Cougars!

12 hours ago, PantherPride said:

Tuggle is probably the best player in the northern part of the state outside of Fort Wayne and wouldn’t be surprised if he makes a run at Mr Football in ‘23. 

There’s this kid on Andrean named Bowen. Indiana’s Gatorade Player of the Year last year as a junior. Notre Dame commit. Took over the second half of the championship game last year to get the ring for Andrean. Ring a bell?

• Like 1

And then there were 5.  From last week, there wernt too many suprises with the scores.  I thought the Warsaw / Elkhart game was going to be the best, and I would say i was correct.  I forsaw Northridge beating Logansport as they played a much harder schedule in my opinion.  I thought NorthWood filled in their holes and did a good job.

Thoughts for the upcoming week:

Warsaw V. Carroll: I think Carroll will be a bit much for Warsaw.  With that said, if it does rain on Friday (im not sure the forcast in Ft. Wayne) I may rethink that as Warsaw is built for weather.  Warsaw impressed me against a good Elkhart team.  I havent seen Carroll nor have never seen them play so i dont really have any insight into their program other than their scores and what is said on this site.  I will take Carroll by 14

Mishawaka V. Concord:  A rematch of a good game earlier this year in which Mishawaka came out on top.  Beating someone twice is difficult.  As with the above game, Mishawaka would love some rain.  I see this being another close game.  Mishawaka by 10

Northridge V. NorthWood:  Another rematch from earlier in the year.  I dont think either team will be suprised by what is seen on Friday.  Alot of people think that NorthWood will struggle fom here on out...i tend to disagree.  They showed they were still have a high powered offense and a pretty good defense.  I think this game will be a repeat of earlier this year.  NorthWood at home by 31

Carroll by 28 - Tigers were impressive last week on the defensive side of the ball, but Carroll is an offensive juggernaut. The Chargers blanked Warsaw 36-0 last year in the sectional championship in a game that was over quickly. I will be pleasantly surprised if the Tigers have this game close at halftime. If they do, they'll have a chance.

Mishawaka by 21 - I realize the first matchup was close a few weeks ago, and the Minutemen offense has looked more competent 4 of the last 5 weeks, but I simply think the Cavemen are the much better team and will find a way to get it done in an impressive fashion. Pulling for Mishawaka as well because I think it would be fascinating to see them match up with either Snider or North Side in the Regional game.

NorthWood by 35 - this game wasn't close in the regular season, and I know that didn't mean much last year. Even with the off-field distrations for the Panthers, I see them rolling before a very unique/interesting matchup with New Prairie next week.

6 hours ago, 00NWP said:

And then there were 5.  From last week, there wernt too many suprises with the scores.  I thought the Warsaw / Elkhart game was going to be the best, and I would say i was correct.  I forsaw Northridge beating Logansport as they played a much harder schedule in my opinion.  I thought NorthWood filled in their holes and did a good job.

Thoughts for the upcoming week:

Warsaw V. Carroll: I think Carroll will be a bit much for Warsaw.  With that said, if it does rain on Friday (im not sure the forcast in Ft. Wayne) I may rethink that as Warsaw is built for weather.  

High of 72 with 5% chance of rain...

Sectional Championship week and a ton of exciting games across the state. I'll just focus on NLC games for now:

Carroll vs. Warsaw -- I was surprised Warsaw knocked off Elkhart last week. Elkhart had a great season, and after falling to New Prairie big, I thought they would bounce back strong versus a Warsaw team who has been up and down. Particularly with several players not playing due to off-the-field issues. However, Carroll will be too much for the Tigers this week.

Carroll 31 Warsaw 6

Mishawaka vs. Concord -- repeat of last year sectional championship. Fortunately for the Minutemen, weather looks to be dry and great field conditions (polar opposite of last year, which inhibited their pass game ability). Though they don't have the playmaking ability, Mishawaka does not have their stud at QB. I'm going Mishawka in this one.

Mishawaka 22 Concord 14

Northridge vs NorthWood -- this game has all the makings as it did last season. NorthWood blew out Northridge in the regular season, NR made a run in sectionals (seem to be rolling on all cylinders now) and NorthWood has taken a step back (on paper) with off-the-field issues of their own. IMO, this weather helps NW more than NR, even though they have a heavy pass game as well. The key for them will be running the ball and keeping the NW passing attack and #3 off the field. The key for NW will be limiting NR big play ability. #22 and #11 are dangerous, but they have a good supporting cast of athletes who can hurt you as well. I think this game will be a one possession game for three quarters.

NorthWood 38 Northridge 20

Edited by CTP