The Gridiron Digest

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2022 at 11:20 AM, Gridwatcher said:

They haven't even started interviews yet.

On 4/12/2022 at 4:04 PM, SportsParentalFigure said:

Is it late in the year to hire a coach? Yes. Are they taking to long to allow people to apply? No...

They need time for coaches to apply and organize schedules for the interview committee. Most schools can't hire a coach in less than 4 weeks unless there is a named successor.

https://sports.yahoo.com/elkhart-hires-saint-louis-head-040100213.html

Elkhart hires Saint-Louis as head football coach

Ken Fox, The Elkhart Truth, Ind.
Fri, April 29, 2022, 12:01 AM

Apr. 29—ELKHART — Elkhart Community Schools has named Romison Saint-Louis as it's new football coach, pending the expected approval by the school board on May 10.

Saint-Louis was the head coach at Peru High School for four years, improving from 0-10 in 2018, to 6-6, 7-2 and then reaching the sectional finals last season with an 8-3 record, falling to Norwell in a 3A sectional title game.

Edited by swordfish

18 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Added this in another thread, but for the NLCers

Andrew Mevis (K): Undrafted Free Agent: Jacksonville Jaguars via Iowa State and Fordham and Warsaw Community High School

Mevis finished his only season in Ames (as a graduate transfer from Fordham) 20-of-23 on field goals, including 2-for-2 on kicks of 50+ yards, and was perfect on PATs. Mevis was arguably the best kicker in the entire draft, and will presumably have a shot at taking the starting job since the Jaguars released longtime kicker Josh Lambo midway through the 2021 season.

His younger brother Harrison is the kicker at Missouri and will likely be a front-runner for the Groza award this season.

Was there another really good Warsaw kicker a couple of years ago too or is this the same kid? Thought he went to Missouri maybe? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Was there another really good Warsaw kicker a couple of years ago too or is this the same kid? Thought he went to Missouri maybe? 

I just leaned to read and saw the younger brother kicks at Missouri. So i wasn’t crazy just need to work on my reading stamina haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Warsaw has been lucky to have a number of good kickers over the last two decades. The only other one to make it as far as Andrew at this point was Jake Rogers who graduated in 2006. He went to Cincinnati, became the Bearcats all time scoring leader, and kicked deep into the NFL preseason for 3 straight seasons, getting cut at the final cut each year.

I fully expect Andrew's brother Harrison (the current kicker at Missouri) to be drafted when he's done with his college playing days.

New NLC Sectional groupings:

Class 6A - Sectional 2: Carroll (Fort Wayne), Elkhart, Penn, Warsaw

Class 5A - Sectional 11: Concord, Goshen, Mishawaka, South Bend Adams

Class 4A - Sectional 18: Logansport, Northridge, NorthWood, Plymouth, South Bend Riley, South Bend St. Joseph, South Bend Washington, Wawasee

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If it hasn't been made clear already, Northridge without a doubt is the school that will continue to push Warsaw athletically across all sports. For at least a decade or more now, the Raiders and Tigers have been the two schools battling it out for the All-Conference trophy, and there is no reason to think it won't continue to be those two schools moving forward. Two pieces of amazing news for the Northridge and Middlebury community! Outstanding!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, US31 said:

Does the current NHS gym still have the stage at the end??  I could be dating myself by asking this question....

No stage, but only 1 end with bleachers + 2 sides (where the stage would be).  For a poor design/ bad pa/ hvac system, I'm gonna definitely miss the Middlebury Madhouse.