Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Brown

DE

7 hours ago, DE said:

Agreed. Why would he change, if there are never any consequences for his actions? 

Oh, there have already been significant consequences to his actions. He’s lost a ton of money. The real tip-off that he needs help is that he keeps doing stuff despite the consequences. But you’re right in the sense that his talent has undoubtedly given him a sense of entitlement, which is also part of the problem. But there are lots of entitled people who don’t work so hard to throw away a potential Hall of Fame career. He’s clearly special, i.e., not just entitled, but also a nut job.

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

Oh, there have already been significant consequences to his actions. He’s lost a ton of money. The real tip-off that he needs help is that he keeps doing stuff despite the consequences. But you’re right in the sense that his talent has undoubtedly given him a sense of entitlement, which is also part of the problem. But there are lots of entitled people who don’t work so hard to throw away a potential Hall of Fame career. He’s clearly special, i.e., not just entitled, but also a nut job.

"A ton of money" to Antonio Brown is nothing.  By consequences, I think @DE was referring more so to the fact that his talent has allowed him to get multiple chances with multiple franchises and he repeatedly pisses it away.

Let's call it what it is.  If you are talented or know the right people (no matter in what walk of life) you live by a different set of rules are will always get more strikes than the general population.

31 minutes ago, temptation said:

"A ton of money" to Antonio Brown is nothing.  By consequences, I think @DE was referring more so to the fact that his talent has allowed him to get multiple chances with multiple franchises and he repeatedly pisses it away.

Let's call it what it is.  If you are talented or know the right people (no matter in what walk of life) you live by a different set of rules are will always get more strikes than the general population.

Seems like his most recent tantrum was money motivated. He felt jobbed that he was benched when he was in line to make over a million dollars in performance bonuses based on attainable stats. No doubt Antonio Brown has made a ton of money over his career but I question how much money he really has left and how much longer it's going to last him. That was a melt down for the ages and probably the last time you see him in an NFL uniform. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Bingo.

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Seems like his most recent tantrum was money motivated. He felt jobbed that he was benched when he was in line to make over a million dollars in performance bonuses based on attainable stats. No doubt Antonio Brown has made a ton of money over his career but I question how much money he really has left and how much longer it's going to last him. That was a melt down for the ages and probably the last time you see him in an NFL uniform. 

Not to get into the Covid vaccine debate, but if he was SO concerned about the performance bonuses, he shouldn't have screwed around and gotten suspended (fake vaccine cards).

20 minutes ago, DE said:

Not to get into the Covid vaccine debate, but if he was SO concerned about the performance bonuses, he shouldn't have screwed around and gotten suspended (fake vaccine cards).

Right.

He threw a huge temper tantrum yesterday. And while there may be something going on upstairs, people excusing Brown's actions and playing it off as mental illness is why AB has gotten as many free passes as he has. He knows exactly what he's doing and up until now (hopefully) he's always gotten away with it because he is continually enabled. 

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Right.

He threw a huge temper tantrum yesterday. And while there may be something going on upstairs, people excusing Brown's actions and playing it off as mental illness is why AB has gotten as many free passes as he has. He knows exactly what he's doing and up until now (hopefully) he's always gotten away with it because he is continually enabled. 

Bingo.

And here is proof: https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/professional/football/analysis-antonio-browns-mental-health-is-no-joke/article_c984c0d3-036f-59a8-b084-dfbf3a365c8d.html

Here are my questions: Was this "mental illness/mental health" created by entitlement?  Or did he always have this mental illness?

28 minutes ago, DE said:

Here are my questions: Was this "mental illness/mental health" created by entitlement?  Or did he always have this mental illness?

Mental Illness is such a sensitive subject as it covers such a wide range of spectrum. But people can and absolutely do live with mental illness and don't act this way when they don't get want they want. Assuming Brown does have some mental illness, he'll likely never get the help that he truly needs if this kind of behavior is continually being enabled, which up until now it has. 

Hearing stories that AB was refusing to go in because he was hurt so maybe BA is the bad guy here forcing injured players to play against their will. Maybe the pack or cowboys pick him up and he wins another SB. Or a team blocks them like Deion sanders back in the day.

14 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Hearing stories that AB was refusing to go in because he was hurt so maybe BA is the bad guy here forcing injured players to play against their will. Maybe the pack or cowboys pick him up and he wins another SB. Or a team blocks them like Deion sanders back in the day.

Regardless, you do not act like that.

41 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Didn’t look too hurt walking off the field…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DE said:

With Gallup out for the year (torn ACL), do the Cowboys sign Brown?

He's done. I can't imagine an organization, their right mind, who'd hire the guy after what transpired Sunday. Then again, money is more important than integrity. We'll see who bites first. 

3 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Hearing stories that AB was refusing to go in because he was hurt so maybe BA is the bad guy here forcing injured players to play against their will. 

I don't believe BA has that type of reputation.  He's always been known as a player's coach.  He probably deserves credit for giving AB a chance in the first place.  My guess is that he did partly because of their relationship going back to their Steeler days.