Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Top 16 DAC Recruits of the 247 Composite Star Era

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

Only Snider back that I believe went to IU was Vaughn Dunbar. think he was there in 1990 & 1991? He would have graduated Snider in 1988??

Courtney Davis was the RB on the Snider team that beat Merrillville. Snider's single season record holder for All Purpose Yardage in a single season with 3101 yards. His career total also sits at #1 with 5820 All Purpose Yardage. He went on to play at Bowling Green State where he recorded over 2000 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BTF said:

Courtney Davis was the RB on the Snider team that beat Merrillville. Snider's single season record holder for All Purpose Yardage in a single season with 3101 yards. His career total also sits at #1 with 5820 All Purpose Yardage. He went on to play at Bowling Green State where he recorded over 2000 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns. 

I thought Courtney Davis was QB?? If not QB who was QB for the team?

Edited by psaboy
addition

18 hours ago, DE said:

Chris Dittoe?

Chris Dittoe played for Dwenger during that same time period. I think Psaboy is thinking of Larry Davis. Larry Davis was mid 90's. A scarry runner who's season ended in overtime against Carmel. 

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

Chris Dittoe played for Dwenger during that same time period. I think Psaboy is thinking of Larry Davis. Larry Davis was mid 90's. A scarry runner who's season ended in overtime against Carmel. 

Sorry.  Thank you for the clarification.

14 hours ago, BTF said:

I remember that now. I recall Larry Davis, was at that Carmel game. I remember it had a delay for storms and If I recall correctly Carmel came out of that delay and took control of the game. Did Larry Davis play college ball anywhere? I recall him being pretty good. 

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

I remember that now. I recall Larry Davis, was at that Carmel game. I remember it had a delay for storms and If I recall correctly Carmel came out of that delay and took control of the game. Did Larry Davis play college ball anywhere? I recall him being pretty good. 

Not sure where Davis ended up. I imagine he was DII or NAIA caliber. I don't recall the storm, but I do recall the Snider comeback. They were down either 21-7 or 21-0 deep into the third quarter. Then Isaacs did what he did best.........ditch the pass and dominate on the ground. Carmel couldn't stop them until succeeding with a 2pt conversion attempt in OT. Carmel won 29-28. 

On 4/2/2022 at 7:30 AM, BTF said:

Not sure where Davis ended up. I imagine he was DII or NAIA caliber. I don't recall the storm, but I do recall the Snider comeback. They were down either 21-7 or 21-0 deep into the third quarter. Then Isaacs did what he did best.........ditch the pass and dominate on the ground. Carmel couldn't stop them until succeeding with a 2pt conversion attempt in OT. Carmel won 29-28. 

So I had it wrong, Snider then came out of delay and controlled game. It was a strong line of storms that moved through the area, that I recall. They postponed the Penn game in MIshawaka till Saturday and the game was played with some lake effect snow from cold front that shifted winds off the lake and dropped temps. 

20 minutes ago, psaboy said:

So I had it wrong, Snider then came out of delay and controlled game. It was a strong line of storms that moved through the area, that I recall. They postponed the Penn game in MIshawaka till Saturday and the game was played with some lake effect snow from cold front that shifted winds off the lake and dropped temps. 

Good memories, great game!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...