Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC going to 2 divisions

4 hours ago, Titan32 said:

In addition, you might want to swap Memorial and Harrison due the the P&Ps vs Public differentiation with regard to percentage of athletes per enrollment. Most years GS and Mater Dei would be more similar in athletes per total enrollment and Memorial would be more similar to Castle.  Enrollment alone is a horrible way to classify Big and Small.  For that reason, it will be impossible to gain a consensus on what the divisions would look like, as no one would ever agree on how to split it up.   If the SIAC ever did a divisional split it is more likely that the only option that would be accepted would be a geographical one.

I don't follow how 600 enrollment Memorial can be closer athletically to 1965 Castle if 500 enrollment MD is closer to 700 GS? I think you exaggerate the number of athletes at Memorial. I'd bet the Memorial football roster has less soph-seniors than MD and GS.

5 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Waterfurnace International!

Pays MY Bills!   

Thank you, (the late, Jim Shields)

Shields payed for the turf only. Thank the Tippmann family for part of the stadium. They are still trying to find the rest of the money. Not payed in full.

On 1/7/2022 at 1:26 AM, Gridiron_Junkie said:

So Congrats to the Snider people who have been pushing for their way for years on this. 

Why even have a week nine championship. We all know that the champ will always come from the big school side.

So again, Snider people, congrats on your wish and many championships to come. Best best both worlds here, Eh? Now hopefully you'll feel more special now. 👌

I think the other teams in the big school division would disagree with you. Luers will have the opportunity most years to play that big school for the title, so what you whining about? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Love how this thread was hijacked. Plus this is not a done deal. Last I heard it was voted down a few months back.

Who knows, time will tell. It would be a major blow to 8 of the 10 teams in the conference if it doesn't materialize. Currently, only two benefit. And if a new deal is struck, neither one of those teams will be hurt. It's a win for eight. A wash for two. There are no losers. 

On 1/7/2022 at 9:26 AM, Blitz said:

Hey fellas, 

Jumping in right quick. 

I have changed the story with updated information. Talking to sources last night, the original plan was to have a Week 9 championship week. It is now a third "crossover" week with inter-division games. 

The SAC title will be decided by the head-to-head game between the two divisin winners, if they indeed played during the season. If they did not, the Victory Bell will be shared between the division winners. 

Not a fan of this. 

A lot of contention going around about "big school" and "small school" divisions. They will not be known as "big" and "small" divisions like the NECC because the enrollment doesn't make sense, obviously. 

Maybe "Pigskin Prophet" and "Blitz" divisions? Has a certain flair. 

The plan has been approved by all SAC head coaches. It now goes to the next step in the process which, even Blitz's sources are unsure what it is. Probably approval by ADs and admins. 

But it's happening. Maybe some tweaks here and there, but this is coming for 2023. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 1:12 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Why do you think I’m arguing with you for some reason? Where did I even try to discredit the WIC…I don’t even know what the WIC stands for or where any of those teams are even located lol 

calm down buddy 

You need to get out of your bubble, I swear to God you do!

On 1/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, tango said:

I don't follow how 600 enrollment Memorial can be closer athletically to 1965 Castle if 500 enrollment MD is closer to 700 GS? I think you exaggerate the number of athletes at Memorial. I'd bet the Memorial football roster has less soph-seniors than MD and GS.

Perhaps, but I’m not underestimating 200 kids that just breathe…its why trying to classify two organizations that do school completely differently by enrollment alone is a joke.  Unless one enjoys building soccer trophy display cases.  MD and GS will always be more analogous in terms of the pool of purpose driven students than say GS and Memorial.  

Edited by Titan32

9 hours ago, jakone said:

Please tell me they are not that stupid.

I'm just speculating here. But I'm guessing the third crossover game was stipulated by the coach who wasn't on board from the beginning. Could that have been Luers? Again, just speculating. 

I think this makes the SAC a better conference and certainly will open people's eyes more to the league. It also opens up a chance for some really good non-conference games.  Let's get BD vs. BD finally. Bishop Dwenger vs. Ben Davis! Homestead can come down or BD can go up. Carroll vs. BD...Snider vs. BD...Love it.

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

I think this makes the SAC a better conference and certainly will open people's eyes more to the league. It also opens up a chance for some really good non-conference games.  Let's get BD vs. BD finally. Bishop Dwenger vs. Ben Davis! Homestead can come down or BD can go up. Carroll vs. BD...Snider vs. BD...Love it.

I'd go see any of those games. Much respect for the Ben Davis program.

I did a little research on Big school and little school division. 

By population 

Big school Homestead 2430, Carroll 2412, Northrop 2,087, Snider 1813 and Northside 1557

Little school

Southside 1391, Wayne 1383 Dwenger 1075, Concordia 621 and Luers 587.

This was a simple Google search. 

Now way does everyone want BD in the Big School group.

Call it what it is Big and Small conference or Best and worse conference? 

38 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

I did a little research on Big school and little school division. 

By population 

Big school Homestead 2430, Carroll 2412, Northrop 2,087, Snider 1813 and Northside 1557

Little school

Southside 1391, Wayne 1383 Dwenger 1075, Concordia 621 and Luers 587.

This was a simple Google search. 

Now way does everyone want BD in the Big School group.

Call it what it is Big and Small conference or Best and worse conference? 

Maybe Coach Garrett protested being in the small school division, as would 99.99% of Dwenger alumni and fans. 

• Like 2

I spoke to Snider coach Kurt Tippmann last night and asked him about the divisions and how they were decided upon. 

He said that the 10 head coaches threw around a bunch of different formats - "big and small", "north and south", "private and public", "east and west", straight enrollment top 5-bottom 5. None were unanimously agreed upon. This is the format that found approval from all 10 schools. 

It's not "big or small" or anything else really, just basically what the league coaches liked the most, for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

The split situation is the BEST that is for the "now". 

The SAC, cannot legitimately compare to the best in Indiana being a 'closed' conference amongst multiple classes for the larger schools.

I am sure that they (SAC) will investigate the ramifications of this decision in a few years and tweak it as needed. But it is apparent that the 2 new 'pseudo' members are in compliance with the competition and the structure that will be in place; This gives them a basic line that they can build upon to get better.

Edited by Yuccaguy

• 1 month later...

So now this is good to go. My question is what happens to the bell? Not worth anything anymore in my opinion. Luers will get to play for it every year. Easy road. No true champion can be crowned. Look at 2021 tri Champs. What if you have tri Champs in big schools division? Sell the bell for scrap? 

Edited by Mebuck

• 3 weeks later...