Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indiana University Hoosiers Football 2022

13 hours ago, temptation said:

What, other than hope and a fluke pandemic season, are you selling?

Every team in the East is in better shape.

In the west?

Northwestern maybe?  But they were just in Indy in 2020.

Even Illinois looked much better this year and is trending up with Beilema.

Now you're quoting me.

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Thanks.  As a coach do you also speak in “should haves” and “could haves” to your players?

Absolutely….especially could haves in relation to either how practice went after a loss that should not have happened, or a mediocre season based on what could have been. 

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Absolutely….especially could haves in relation to either how practice went after a loss that should not have happened, or a mediocre season based on what could have been. 

I was a coach once, I completely understand the mental side of things and the “spin” as a motivational tactic but as I’ve stepped away I am more of a results oriented individual.

The hypothetical game is useless.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

There were empty seats at the top of the student section and in the northwest corner of the stadium.  Saw it with my own two eyes.

Doesn’t mean tickets weren’t sold…game was listed as a sellout a few weeks before game. I was also there 

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Nothing is certain, but the first 7 games on their schedule are games they should compete/win. Still don’t like that the 4 teams of osu, Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State are in a row, but Michigan State and Penn State will have already played osu, so that may help some as far as rankings go. 

Desmond Ridder is gone at UC, IU should have beat them. Michigan State was a pretender all along and IU should have won that one too. The first 3 games should be wins. Outside of playing IU, I do kind of root for Fitz and NW. it’s a first class program and Fitz is a good dude. But IU should beat them. Purdue may have a reality check this next season. More than being a good coordinator, Brohm is better at developing QB’s, but the fact is David Bell was a difference maker. They do catch a break in not playing either Michigan or osu. The defense is losing key players too, especially GK. Rutgers has not had a good recruiting year so far. The injuries had taken their toll on IU by mid November, and as I said, last season is no indication as to how this season will go. A team to watch may be the Terps.

UC is a final 4 playoff team and MSU went 11-2.

If you were betting, and not hoping, where would you put your money?

Edited by HHF

2 minutes ago, HHF said:

UC is a final 4 playoff team and MSU went 11-2.

If you were betting, and not hoping, where would you put your money?

As I said, this past season is not an indicator for next season. While what you said about both teams is true, do you believe that UC is one of the 4 best in the country? Did you believe that MSU was ever really a top 4 team? As far as betting goes, I am definitely NOT going to factor in what happened this last season. 

44 minutes ago, Irishman said:

As I said, this past season is not an indicator for next season. While what you said about both teams is true, do you believe that UC is one of the 4 best in the country? Did you believe that MSU was ever really a top 4 team? As far as betting goes, I am definitely NOT going to factor in what happened this last season. 

I’m anxious to see whether or not Tucker (now that he’s been paid) can continue to use the transfer portal to his advantage or whether or not it was a flash in the pan?

MSU’s schedule is much more difficult in 2022.

5 hours ago, temptation said:

I’m anxious to see whether or not Tucker (now that he’s been paid) can continue to use the transfer portal to his advantage or whether or not it was a flash in the pan?

MSU’s schedule is much more difficult in 2022.

Tucker has a rep as a topnotch recruiter.  Now that he has reinforced the roster thru the TP, he can use his traditional recruiting skills to acquire the best talent possible.  Tucker has a great advantage in that he has a similar personal background with the top targeted players coming out of high school and his NFL pedigree is one that many in the conference cannot match.  If Harbaugh jumps ship, thats another opening for MSU to pounce on and take advantage.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:10 AM, temptation said:

There were empty seats at the top of the student section and in the northwest corner of the stadium.  Saw it with my own two eyes.

If there were empty seats, there were very few. There were empty seats most of the third quarter because the concession lines were a joke. IU was completely unprepared for the crowd at hand. They ran out of bottled water by half time and it was over 90 degrees.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:32 AM, temptation said:

I could see 4-6 if things go well.

Northwestern, Idaho, WKU, Maryland, Rutgers, Purdue

Rutgers and Purdue mauled the Hoosiers this season.  Why would anyone pick IU to win against either next year?

11 minutes ago, HHF said:

Rutgers and Purdue mauled the Hoosiers this season.  Why would anyone pick IU to win against either next year?

Still not buying Rutgers as taking the next step yet and Purdue losing its best two players to the draft and that game being IN Bloomington.

25 minutes ago, temptation said:

Still not buying Rutgers as taking the next step yet and Purdue losing its best two players to the draft and that game being IN Bloomington.

Is there a single NFL prospect on the IU roster?

8 hours ago, Irishman said:

From this past season? Or the upcoming one? 

This past season:
Micah McFadden, Peyton Hendershot, Jaylin Williams, Tiawan Mullen
For next season:
DJ Matthews, Ryder Anderson

Looks like Tiawan Mullen is coming back to Btown.  He should be a NFL prospect again after this season...hopefully.

https://saturdaytradition.com/indiana-football/indianas-tiawan-mullen-makes-announcement-on-2022-season/

• Thanks 1

All you guys on here dancing around with each other about player rosters. 
Indiana needs to get coaches to stick around for more than one or two seasons to establish consistency with the offense and defensive schemes. Hoosiers problems start with the coaching. If they want to contend for the good players and stay competitive with, all world teams ,of the Big Ten East.