Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  46 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

2022 Dead Pool

Muda69

https://apnews.com/article/sidney-poitier-dead-214e66b7e52909bdc64465e9ff4a1339

Sidney Poitier, the groundbreaking actor and enduring inspiration who transformed how Black people were portrayed on screen and became the first Black actor to win an Academy Award for best lead performance and the first to be a top box-office draw, has died. He was 94.

Poitier, winner of the best actor Oscar in 1964 for “Lilies of the Field,” died Thursday at his home in Los Angeles, according to Latrae Rahming, the director of communications for the Prime Minister of Bahamas.

1000.jpeg

Truly an American Icon. He will be missed.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I remember seeing him on an HBO special of young comedians; I am thinking it was a show that Rodney Dangerfield hosted. I thought Saget was really funny. I never got into his TV shows and really did not get into the Funniest Home Videos show because I felt it was too scripted for him. He just did a show in Jacksonville, FL last night. I had seen that his early shows on this tour were getting great reviews. 
https://myfox8.com/news/entertainment/bob-saget-star-of-full-house-dead-at-65/ 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I remember seeing him on an HBO special of young comedians; I am thinking it was a show that Rodney Dangerfield hosted. I thought Saget was really funny. I never got into his TV shows and really did not get into the Funniest Home Videos show because I felt it was too scripted for him. He just did a show in Jacksonville, FL last night. I had seen that his early shows on this tour were getting great reviews. 
https://myfox8.com/news/entertainment/bob-saget-star-of-full-house-dead-at-65/ 

FTA:

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that deputies responded to the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando on Sunday regarding a report of an unresponsive man in a hotel room.

At 4 p.m., investigators responded to the hotel and found him in his room. He died at the scene.

“Detectives found no signs of foul play or drug use in this case,” the sheriff’s office said.

Hmm.  Too young. Way too young.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

SF truly loved both of these entertainers.  Bill O'reilly says it best about Meatloaf's passing and the left's infatuation with his anti-mandate opinion.

https://www.billoreilly.com/b/Goodbye-Meat-Loaf/-609953651867973177.html?fbclid=IwAR1Hvp67Tsc8bvtKJEldTJi8dR6pLWdpo3Y4EFUHvRMVovBySVV2V1rIRyA

This morning, singer and actor Meat Loaf became the latest addition to the sad list of iconic celebrities lost in 2022. 

Many media outlets are highlighting his accomplishments, noting his milestones in music and film. But some media outlets have decided to use Meat Loaf's passing as a Covid lesson as it's speculated that the virus was the cause of the 74-year-old singer's death.

Last year Meat Loaf voiced his frustrations with mandates, expressed pandemic fatigue, and vowed to live his life despite the risks of the virus. 

In other words, Meat Loaf was a human trying to deal with the current state of the world.

The fact is no one knows the "Bat Out of Hell" singer's vaccination status, not yet.

So it's a shame that some questionable media would take his life's accomplishments and try to paint him as only a cautionary tale when he accomplished so much.

R.I.P Meat Loaf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

This one hit really hard. It was the first thing in my timeline when I woke up this morning. Taylor was one of the premier drummers of all time. Oddly enough, he was in the same band with another one of those drummers in Dave Grohl. I loved seeing them perform live. This clip is from the last show they played at Deer Creek, and is a good example of his talent. I did not record this, but was at the show. RIP Taylor and thank you for sharing your talent with so many fans. 

23 hours ago, Irishman said:

This one hit really hard. It was the first thing in my timeline when I woke up this morning. Taylor was one of the premier drummers of all time. Oddly enough, he was in the same band with another one of those drummers in Dave Grohl. I loved seeing them perform live. This clip is from the last show they played at Deer Creek, and is a good example of his talent. I did not record this, but was at the show. RIP Taylor and thank you for sharing your talent with so many fans. 

Play with fire, bound to get burned.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/26/taylor-hawkins-death-may-be-tied-to-drugs-police/

On 3/26/2022 at 1:01 PM, Irishman said:

But at least there was this...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/music-news/foo-fighters-alaska-vaccination-proof-covid-test-1234998048/

🤡 world

• Kill me now 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I'm speechless.  It's sickening.  

What?  That I am stating facts about some dude basically OD'ing, some guy on here singing his praises, and that the dude who just died was part of a band that forced fans to inject something into their body against their wills to see their show?  GTFOH.

Save me the grasping of the pearl necklaces.

• Sit and spin 1

8 hours ago, DE said:

What?  That I am stating facts about some dude basically OD'ing, some guy on here singing his praises, and that the dude who just died was part of a band that forced fans to inject something into their body against their wills to see their show?  GTFOH.

Save me the grasping of the pearl necklaces.

Or you could have NOT been a dick and just could have avoided replying completely. People have posted tributes about other celebrities who have passed that also had personal issues; but no one chose to be a dick and make comments along those lines. Instead of looking at the flaws, we look at the contributions they made. Must be tough for you to be so flawless as to feel an obligation to point out the flaws of others. 
Had you posted about the shows in Alaska in one of the covid related topics, or when the story actually came out 7 months ago, no big deal at all. But to post it where and when you did is just a dick move on your part. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Or you could have NOT been a dick and just could have avoided replying completely.

What? And give up an opportunity to spout some more trite phrases according to the party line?

• Like 1