Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Jim Harbaugh and the Chicago Bears are a Natural Fit

Just now, temptation said:

Matt Campbell and Mark Stoops made me spit my drink out.  Harbaugh is a GREAT college coach and football coach in general, regardless of the level.

Matt Campbell has taken Iowa State to more bowl games in his short tenure at Iowa State than the previous 100+ years in their football existence. Mark Stoops has elevated Kentucky from SEC basement dweller to the second best program in the SEC East. Imagine either of those guys coaching at a blue blood like Michigan with those kind of resources?  In fact, in the event Harbaugh does bolt for the NFL, Stoops and Campbell are likely the two most likely candidates to take the Michigan job. 

31 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Matt Campbell has taken Iowa State to more bowl games in his short tenure at Iowa State than the previous 100+ years in their football existence. Mark Stoops has elevated Kentucky from SEC basement dweller to the second best program in the SEC East. Imagine either of those guys coaching at a blue blood like Michigan with those kind of resources?  In fact, in the event Harbaugh does bolt for the NFL, Stoops and Campbell are likely the two most likely candidates to take the Michigan job. 

The same Matt Campbell who used the “Tom Allen Covid” method to elevate his profile and was top 10 this preseason?

Zero SEC comparisons are valid as they already have superior “resources” to Michigan, with the exception of Vandy.

Both good coaches but couldn’t hold Harbaugh’s jock strap.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Dabo wouldn't last 3 years at Michigan or Notre Dame and is about to fall on hard times now that his coordinators are gone.  Mark my words.  Clemson is dirty as hell and their admissions department is laughable.  

Meyer is a known/proven liar/cheater and controversy has followed him everywhere he has gone.  Spare me his win loss record.

Saban is the GOAT, no doubt.  But why was he slightly above average at Toledo and MSU and then a god at LSU and Bama?  Makes you wonder.

Matt Campbell and Mark Stoops made me spit my drink out.  Harbaugh is a GREAT college coach and football coach in general, regardless of the level.

I guarantee, our guy @Bobrefwould make sure of that.

🤣

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Sounds like Harbaugh to the Vikings is all but a formality at this point. Makes perfect sense from all angles for all parties involved.

Why is this a good fit?  I dont get it.  

26 minutes ago, HHF said:

Why is this a good fit?  I dont get it.  

Because Harbaugh is better suited coaching in the NFL. He doesn’t have to worry about recruiting or developing kids and instead can focus solely on coaching X’s and O’s, which is by far his strongest suit.

With Rodgers likely moving on, Vikings become the team to beat in the NFC north. Harbaugh has two very skilled WR’s in Thielen and Jefferson + an all-pro RB in Dalvin Cook to work with and Harbaugh is known to get the best out of mediocre NFL QB’s.

40 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Because Harbaugh is better suited coaching in the NFL. He doesn’t have to worry about recruiting or developing kids and instead can focus solely on coaching X’s and O’s, which is by far his strongest suit.

With Rodgers likely moving on, Vikings become the team to beat in the NFC north. Harbaugh has two very skilled WR’s in Thielen and Jefferson + an all-pro RB in Dalvin Cook to work with and Harbaugh is known to get the best out of mediocre NFL QB’s.

Got it.  He just doesnt seem like the Vikings type.  Just my perception.  With all his quirkiness.  

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I just can't yet fellas.  Lets allow the body to cool before discussing the death.

Honest question.

Where does Michigan turn this late in the game? Similar situation happened to Michigan State about this time two years ago and while they took some lumps year 1 they came out alright. They wouldn't promote Gattis or Michigan Man Mike Hart would they?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Honest question.

Where does Michigan turn this late in the game? Similar situation happened to Michigan State about this time two years ago and while they took some lumps year 1 they came out alright. They wouldn't promote Gattis or Michigan Man Mike Hart would they?

Lane Kiffin

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I’m good with that. 

LOL, good luck.

How many NFL teams are reaching out to him?

People love to shit on Harbaugh despite the fact that it’s unwarranted.

”He can’t beat his rivals.”

(Yet every January his name comes up when there are openings in the NFL.)

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, temptation said:

You try so hard Bobby.  I’ll give you that.

Harbaugh is a top ten coach in the college game…and you have Marcus Freeman.

IMO you can’t compare Marcus Freeman to Jim Harbaugh. One is a boarder line HOF coach and the other has coached 1 game. ND had a top 10 college coach and he couldn’t get them to that next tier to what they aspire to be, and I think they needed a new voice.