Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

10-2 at worst, likely 11-1.

Sign me up. Freeman’s first two games will be the Oklahoma St game and Ohio St in Columbus. First game didn’t go so well and I expect a loss in Columbus but how bad will that loss be is the question. Who’s playing quarterback in those 12 games and how bad are the other losses? Ohio St, Clemson and USC you’d think would be the potential losses but besides OSU the other two are winnable games imo 

4 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Sign me up. Freeman’s first two games will be the Oklahoma St game and Ohio St in Columbus. First game didn’t go so well and I expect a loss in Columbus but how bad will that loss be is the question. Who’s playing quarterback in those 12 games and how bad are the other losses? Ohio St, Clemson and USC you’d think would be the potential losses but besides OSU the other two are winnable games imo 

Clemson and USC will be fascinating watches in 2022.  I think Clemson takes a step back and USC a step forward, especially by the time they play ND.

42 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’m now 90/10 on Harbaugh staying, lol.

Good for Michigan! Hope you're right.

Just now, BTF said:

Good for Michigan! Hope you're right.

Forget it, I just saw that Michigan took Mike Elston.

On 1/8/2022 at 1:22 PM, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

If Oregon can beat OSU on their home turf, I don't see why ND can't. I think OSU will be a little more jacked up for ND than they were for the Ducks though. I'm still not sure how good of a coach Ryan Day is, he has a TON of talent to work with. Anyways, the game in Columbus is winnable in my opinion. I don't think that environment will affect Buchner or Pyne. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

If Oregon can beat OSU on their home turf, I don't see why ND can't. I think OSU will be a little more jacked up for ND than they were for the Ducks though. I'm still not sure how good of a coach Ryan Day is, he has a TON of talent to work with. Anyways, the game in Columbus is winnable in my opinion. I don't think that environment will affect Buchner or Pyne. 

We have no idea how good of a coach Freeman will be either.  Not off to a great start.  Having Elston call the D in the bowl game was pretty dumb move. 

Stroud and company will light ND up. Shame ND cant seem to recruit QBs 

1 hour ago, RingLeader said:

We have no idea how good of a coach Freeman will be either.  Not off to a great start.  Having Elston call the D in the bowl game was pretty dumb move. 

What am I missing here? They had three QB's who could have led them to an 11 win season in 2021. 

Agree. Freeman not calling the defense was a mistake. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Catching OSU early is key.  They will have the best skill talent in America once again but much of it outside of JSN is unproven.

It doesn’t help ND that Olave and Wilson opted out of the Rose Bowl and their young guys got meaningful reps though.

Ill tell you this however…if ND employs the 2nd half prevent/matador defense they did in the Fiesta Bowl, Ohio Stadium may be in the market for a new scoreboard after the ND game.

50 minutes ago, temptation said:

Catching OSU early is key.  They will have the best skill talent in America once again but much of it outside of JSN is unproven.

It doesn’t help ND that Olave and Wilson opted out of the Rose Bowl and their young guys got meaningful reps though.

Ill tell you this however…if ND employs the 2nd half prevent/matador defense they did in the Fiesta Bowl, Ohio Stadium may be in the market for a new scoreboard after the ND game.

Hard to argue any of that. But the talent level at ND is up there as well. Not Ohio State good, but pretty darn good nonetheless. Better than anyone not named Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, and Clemson. If Tyler Buchner has the kind of year everyone thinks he's capable of, Notre Dame will be in the playoff...............as long as Freeman isn't in over his head. I know Freeman has a lot of responsibilities as a head coach, but he may want to take a high proactive role with the defense.

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

Hard to argue any of that. But the talent level at ND is up there as well. Not Ohio State good, but pretty darn good nonetheless. Better than anyone not named Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, and Clemson. If Tyler Buchner has the kind of year everyone thinks he's capable of, Notre Dame will be in the playoff...............as long as Freeman isn't in over his head. I know Freeman has a lot of responsibilities as a head coach, but he may want to take a high proactive role with the defense.

Will have more talent than 10-11 teams on their schedule by a wide margin in most cases.  Freeman just has to be competent and keep the train on the tracks.

USC will be a threat in the future but I’m not sure Riley can turn them around in year 1.

6 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

DL Coach and recruiting coordinator Mike Elston is leaving ND to become the DL coach at Michigan. Big loss, one of my favorite assistant coaches. 

Pay raise?

2 hours ago, RingLeader said:

As an ND fan, excellent, excellent post. 

Lance Taylor, rb coach and co OC last year supposedly, will leave and become the new OC at Louisville. He was a good coach and recruiter too. So if you’re scoring at home that leaves openings still at DC, DL, and RB coach. WR has been filled by a coach from Baylor, Chansi Stuckey and OL bringing back Harry Hiestand. 

58 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Lance Taylor, rb coach and co OC last year supposedly, will leave and become the new OC at Louisville. He was a good coach and recruiter too. So if you’re scoring at home that leaves openings still at DC, DL, and RB coach. WR has been filled by a coach from Baylor, Chansi Stuckey and OL bringing back Harry Hiestand. 

Al Washington?  Really?  Wow.

Laughable.  Hassan Haskins just ran through the OSU linebacking core again as I typed this.

Edited by temptation

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Irishman said:

Tough loss for IU, but good pick up for the Irish. His son even decommitted from osu to go to IU. I hope he stays in Bloomington

His oldest son transferred from Miami of Ohio to join his Dad at IU.  Middle son just enrolled for the spring semester at IU and youngest son still at Bloomington South is an IU verbal.  My guess is that the middle and youngest sons will flip.  (both 4 stars)  Huge loss for IU on the field and I am guessing with the family culture.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bobref said:

Congratulations to Notre Dame alum Bryant Young on his election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. His election gives ND 14 players in the Hall, breaking a tie with USC for most by any university.

15 once Brady Quinn gets in.