Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

10 hours ago, temptation said:

16 if you count Manti Teo’s girlfriend.

Her performance on the phone could never match her performance on the field. 
I’ve heard chatter that Ricky Watters should be a HOFer but I’d have to look at his numbers and compare. My guess is Zach Martin is next in line when he’s done. But with the door easier to get into I wouldn’t be surprised if Harrison smith ends up in the hall too.  Just my thoughts. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mishawaka’s own Justin fisher has signed or will attend Notre Dame as a preferred walk on. Assuming he takes on the role as navy scout team quarterback or maybe they move him to running back. Congrats to Justin!

In other news today I saw returning starting center Jarrett Patterson tore his pectoral muscle in the weight room. That would be a big blow to the offensive line if he misses a few games to start the season. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, DE said:

Saw 5 ️ QB recruit, Dante Moore, was on campus at ND. Thought ND already had their “chosen one”. What say you @Bobrefif Moore inks with ND?

Kid says he’s in no rush.  Wish he’d stay in state but looks like an uphill climb for my Wolverines.

Most think it’s ND vs the SEC.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Kid says he’s in no rush.  Wish he’d stay in state but looks like an uphill climb for my Wolverines.

ND has been all in on this to the point that if he goes elsewhere I’m not sure what the Irish do. He’s been to south bend a few times, recently for a 2 day visit. Rumor was he could be announcing soon and shut it all down but after his visit to ND he said he’ll schedule his official visits. Which means LSU, Ole Miss, Michigan and others will get a chance to wine dine and NIL the young man to come to school there 

1 hour ago, DE said:

Saw 5 ️ QB recruit, Dante Moore, was on campus at ND. Thought ND already had their “chosen one”. What say you @Bobrefif Moore inks with ND?

Having a surplus of top flight talent at the position would be a nice problem to have.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bobref said:

Having a surplus of top flight talent at the position would be a nice problem to have.

I agree, but I did not anoint a kid "the chosen one" which indicates, by the recruitment of a 5 star QB, he is not as sure of thing as some think.

8 hours ago, Bobref said:

And with all the transfer portal/free agency in college football, is it a nice problem to have?

10 hours ago, temptation said:

Smart choice.  Why would you be, if you have your picks?

9 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

ND has been all in on this to the point that if he goes elsewhere I’m not sure what the Irish do. He’s been to south bend a few times, recently for a 2 day visit. Rumor was he could be announcing soon and shut it all down but after his visit to ND he said he’ll schedule his official visits. Which means LSU, Ole Miss, Michigan and others will get a chance to wine dine and NIL the young man to come to school there 

Which solidifies my point that Tyler B. is not "the chosen one".

21 minutes ago, DE said:

I agree, but I did not anoint a kid "the chosen one" which indicates, by the recruitment of a 5 star QB, he is not as sure of thing as some think.

And with all the transfer portal/free agency in college football, is it a nice problem to have?

Smart choice.  Why would you be, if you have your picks?

I mean it’s a two sided coin.  The SEC is the gold standard for 4-5 stat talent.

That being said, Moore would not be the first 4/5 star QB to choose an SEC school and not have it pan out.

10 hours ago, Bobref said:

That is how you reach the top SEC teams, building that kind of depth at key positions. 
I also do not see it all as ND giving up on anyone. There is a two year gap between the two, and Moore has to see that with his remaining choices, his chances to start right away are low……unless he impresses his coaches that much. 

10 minutes ago, Irishman said:

That is how you reach the top SEC teams, building that kind of depth at key positions. 
I also do not see it all as ND giving up on anyone. There is a two year gap between the two, and Moore has to see that with his remaining choices, his chances to start right away are low……unless he impresses his coaches that much. 

I do not think ANYONE is arguing this.  Think we ALL agree on that.  My question is.....if Tyler B is considered the "chosen one" and the TP/FA is so popular today, is the "chosen one" REALLY the "chosen one"?  The answer is simple.  No.  No he is not.

17 minutes ago, DE said:

I do not think ANYONE is arguing this.  Think we ALL agree on that.  My question is.....if Tyler B is considered the "chosen one" and the TP/FA is so popular today, is the "chosen one" REALLY the "chosen one"?  The answer is simple.  No.  No he is not.

We’ll see, Carnack.

21 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Honest question but besides our favorite referee who else has proclaimed Tyler Buchnar as the chosen one?

Nobody.  That further solidifies my point.  

There's been many "chosen ones" over the years, and they only seem to pan out 50% of the time. I like better odds than that so I won't take that bet. Do I think Tyler B. has heisman qualities? Yep, but I'll take a pass on the title "chosen one." I'm just thrilled that ND has two quarterbacks on their roster cable of leading the Irish to the playoffs. Kelly put too much stock in Coan last year and not enough on Pyne. In fact, Pyne got screwed after bailing ND out against Wisconsin. "Thanks, but my commitment is to my transfer, go sit over there on the bench for the rest of the season." And for neither one of them to play against Oklahoma State was just utterly disturbing. I like Freeman, but damn! Playing Coan from beginning to end didn't work all season, not sure why Freeman thought it would work against OSU. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BTF said:

There's been many "chosen ones" over the years, and they only seem to pan out 50% of the time. I like better odds than that so I won't take that bet. Do I think Tyler B. has heisman qualities? Yep, but I'll take a pass on the title "chosen one." I'm just thrilled that ND has two quarterbacks on their roster cable of leading the Irish to the playoffs. Kelly put too much stock in Coan last year and not enough on Pyne. In fact, Pyne got screwed after bailing ND out against Wisconsin. "Thanks, but my commitment is to my transfer, go sit over there on the bench for the rest of the season." And for neither one of them to play against Oklahoma State was just utterly disturbing. I like Freeman, but damn! Playing Coan from beginning to end didn't work all season, not sure why Freeman thought it would work against OSU. 

Agree on depth is key. People throw 💩 all the time saying he’s the goat/chosen one/hall of famer/etc. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 3:48 PM, BTF said:

Out of curiosity who are the many “chosen ones” you speak of? Not arguing just want your take. 
The only “chosen one” that I can think of in recent memory (does 2007 even count?) was jimmy Clausen who showed up in the limo wearing his state championship rings. I would say he was not a miss but obviously couldn’t take them to a national title.
In fairness to the quarterbacks it’s also important to point out during the end of Weis and a majority of BK era they were way more than a great quarterback away from competing for a championship. Now it seems that overall roster talent is the best it’s been since maybe the holtz regime? Here are the quarterbacks I can think of since jimmy Clausen. Dayne Christ, Gunnar Kiel, Malik Zaire, DeShone Kizer, Everett Golson, Tommy Rees, Phil Jurcovic, Brandon Winbush, Brendan Clark, Drew Pyne. How many of these guys would you take over Tyler Buchnar? Probably way too early to tell what TB will end up but if they can somehow land Dante Moore he will be IMO the “chosen one” over anyone on my list including Jimmy C or Tyler Buchnar. Let’s see how the season plays out with TB running the show and see how Moores recruitment plays out  and if either or somebody else can get them to a title 

5 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Out of curiosity who are the many “chosen ones” you speak of? Not arguing just want your take. 
The only “chosen one” that I can think of in recent memory (does 2007 even count?) was jimmy Clausen who showed up in the limo wearing his state championship rings. I would say he was not a miss but obviously couldn’t take them to a national title.
In fairness to the quarterbacks it’s also important to point out during the end of Weis and a majority of BK era they were way more than a great quarterback away from competing for a championship. Now it seems that overall roster talent is the best it’s been since maybe the holtz regime? Here are the quarterbacks I can think of since jimmy Clausen. Dayne Christ, Gunnar Kiel, Malik Zaire, DeShone Kizer, Everett Golson, Tommy Rees, Phil Jurcovic, Brandon Winbush, Brendan Clark, Drew Pyne. How many of these guys would you take over Tyler Buchnar? Probably way too early to tell what TB will end up but if they can somehow land Dante Moore he will be IMO the “chosen one” over anyone on my list including Jimmy C or Tyler Buchnar. Let’s see how the season plays out with TB running the show and see how Moores recruitment plays out  and if either or somebody else can get them to a title 

Way before Clausen, but…I had to dig deep for this one.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Out of curiosity who are the many “chosen ones” you speak of?

Dayne Christ, Gunnar Kiel, Malik Zaire, DeShone Kizer, Everett Golson, Tommy Rees, Phil Jurcovic, Brandon Winbush, Brendan Clark, Drew Pyne. How many of these guys would you take over Tyler Buchnar? 

I was referring to "chosen ones" on a national scale. Not just Notre Dame. 

I wouldn't take any of those guys on that list over Buchner. But I think Pyne is pretty darn good though. It'll be interesting to see how they both do during the Blue and Gold game. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Both quarterbacks are capable of leading the Irish back the playoffs. Right now I'm 55/45 in favor of Buchner. 

• Like 1