Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

Irish land a 4 star running back from the class of 2023.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Jayden-Limar-commits-to-Notre-Dame-football-Four-Star-Running-Back-Class-of-2023-Fighting-Irish-Marcus-Freeman-188004760/

Top247 RB Jayden Limar breaks down commitment to Notre Dame

Lake Stevens (Wash.) running back Jayden Limar is headed to South Bend.

The West's top running back in the 2023 class just announced his commitment to Notre Dame moments ago.

And he's excited to begin his career with the Irish.

"The biggest reason I chose Notre Dame is the relationship I built with the coaches and what they can do for you after football," said Limar. "Back in April, a little after coach (Deland) McCullough got hired, I knew they were going to be the school for me."

In fact, McCullough was one of the first people to hear the news.

"I told coach (Marcus) Freeman than coach Deland than coach Tommy (Rees) but Chad Bowden (Notre Dame's program director) was the first to know," said Limar. "They were all very hyped and I caught most of them off guard and they are all very excited about the future."

Limar said his family was completely on board with his decision.

"My family helped me make the decision and we’re all for Notre Dame," said Limar. "I have a lot of Catholic family that are also very excited."

Now Limar is immediately turning to a recruiter for the Irish.

"I'm trying to recruit any quarterback that I can get," said Limar. "I feel like we get a good quarterback in our class and we are set. I am also going to try to get in-state players like Caleb Presley."

Limar said the distance from home never made a big impact on him.

"Distance wasn’t a huge factor because even if you stay close to home, you only really get to go home when they give you time off and everybody gets around the same time off," said Limar.

Limar said he's done with his recruitment and ready to focus on his senior year.

"I'm 100% committed to Notre Dame," said Limar. "It’s a huge relief to be committed. I’ve been pretty stressed lately with all of it so I’m happy to get that weight off my shoulders"

Limar said he plans to enroll early, getting to South Bend next January.

A four-star in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings, Limar is the No. 11 running back by 247Sports while the composite ranks him as the No. 15 running back nationally and both the composite and 247Sports tab him as the No. 4 prospect in the state of Washington in the class of 2023.

Jayden Limar Scouting Report: He is well built with good wiggle and shiftiness, with a frame that should add some more weight. He does a good job anticipating his linemen clearing the way, being decisive in his hole selection, putting his foot in the ground and getting up field. Limar sees the field extremely well, runs with good balance and can get yards after contact. He does a good job of churning out some tough yards. Can continue to get stronger, with his speed already there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 9:53 AM, Bash Riprock said:

I noticed this posted on the high school side of the forum.  Any probability that Daeh moving north to live with Dad and catching ND games on Saturdays may result in him flipping to the Irish??

image.thumb.png.9c3e30a3b953a9b8ffbc5727d09038fe.png

image.thumb.png.2c1ba9138341851599c48dc51b205fd4.png

• Like 1

ND is trending up with a 5 star qb, but his name is not Dante Moore. CJ Carr, former Michigan HC’s grandson, is a top 2024 qb recruit who just visited and threw at south bend on Sunday. Would be crazy if they somehow landed both Carr and Moore in back to back classes (a guy can dream right?). 

6 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

ND is trending up with a 5 star qb, but his name is not Dante Moore. CJ Carr, former Michigan HC’s grandson, is a top 2024 qb recruit who just visited and threw at south bend on Sunday. Would be crazy if they somehow landed both Carr and Moore in back to back classes (a guy can dream right?). 

Many Michigan fans are big time mad about this, lol.

1 hour ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Are Lloyd carr and Michigan not on good terms? 

Not based on anything I’ve heard.

43 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Kind of a dumb question haha. I realize he was fired i just don’t remember if it got ugly at the end. 

Technically was not fired though the App State loss was the nail in the coffin.

Both sides agreed it was time to “move on.”

Edited by temptation
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, temptation said:

Although I don't see where Michigan moved up with RichRod over Lloyd.  (not just wins and losses either)

Carr lost his wife last year after a tough battle with cancer.  Nice article about their life and her passing from The Detroit News.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2021/05/25/laurie-carr-wife-michigan-wolverines-football-coach-lloyd-carr-dies-70/7433777002/

19 hours ago, temptation said:

The Alumni Club in Fort Wayne has Coach Carr as a speaker a few years ago. It was a small crowd and I had the chance to talk to him for a bit afterward, and get a picture taken with him. He is such a class act. 

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Although I don't see where Michigan moved up with RichRod over Lloyd.  (not just wins and losses either)

Carr lost his wife last year after a tough battle with cancer.  Nice article about their life and her passing from The Detroit News.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2021/05/25/laurie-carr-wife-michigan-wolverines-football-coach-lloyd-carr-dies-70/7433777002/

Rich Rod wasn’t their first choice…neither was Brady Hoke a few years later.

Michigan arrogance was on full display.

9 hours ago, temptation said:

Loy reporting it’s either Carr OR Moore.

Dante likely SEC bound.

Also hearing Carr may reclassify to the 23 class.  Not sure if that’s accurate or not but latest rumor. Curious to where Dante ends up (please anywhere but LSU)

12 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Also hearing Carr may reclassify to the 23 class.  Not sure if that’s accurate or not but latest rumor. Curious to where Dante ends up (please anywhere but LSU)

Unfortunately for me, doesn’t look like Michigan.

Edited by temptation

13 hours ago, temptation said:

Has to bother UM fans, back to back highly touted in state qbs both possibly leaving the state? What gives? Altho I have heard there’s a highly touted qb from NC that is high on the wolverines 

2 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Has to bother UM fans, back to back highly touted in state qbs both possibly leaving the state? What gives? Altho I have heard there’s a highly touted qb from NC that is high on the wolverines 

No explanation.  I feel great about Michigan’s QB room right now but they can’t miss again in the next class for sure.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:35 PM, temptation said:

His recruitment has been kind of head scratching. Seemed headed to ND but wanted to tour all of the big schools like LSU, Oregon, Miami, been to Michigan a few times this summer and now he’s taking an official to A&M to see how they landed the #1 class last year. I feel like he was looking for any reason not to go to ND and maybe that’s what dragged his recruitment on and why the Irish jumped on Carr.
I’m so curious to see what Moore ends up deciding, but admit I will be a little disappointed if he does end up in the $EC

1 hour ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

His recruitment has been kind of head scratching. Seemed headed to ND but wanted to tour all of the big schools like LSU, Oregon, Miami, been to Michigan a few times this summer and now he’s taking an official to A&M to see how they landed the #1 class last year. I feel like he was looking for any reason not to go to ND and maybe that’s what dragged his recruitment on and why the Irish jumped on Carr.
I’m so curious to see what Moore ends up deciding, but admit I will be a little disappointed if he does end up in the $EC

Michigan isn’t completely out of it yet as Moore mentioned in his recent sit down with Wilfong that the Wolverines have been adamant they are not recruiting anyone else at the position for the ‘23 class (take that how you wish).

I still think it will be hard to compete with the money cannon that is the SEC and the Wolverines are on the outside looking in.

As I stated above, I’m not in panic mode unless the Wolverines miss in 2024.

A lot can happen between now and then but this guy looks the part.

https://247sports.com/player/jadyn-davis-46085247/