Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

I hate to break up the summer national championship party and will rarely pass up an opportunity to direct some hatred Notre Dame’s way but can this Freeman guy actually coach?

He has long been known in every circle that he has been a part of as a great recruiter but if I were an Irish fan I would have difficulty forgetting about the deer in headlights look he had in the second half of the Fiesta Bowl as his defense sat back and let Oklahoma State pick them apart.

Recruiting is definitely one part of the battle and an important one, though not as important in college football as it is in college basketball.

Some folks on the Harrell board are already in the process of erecting a statue for Mike Woodson in Bloomington, is the same coming for Freeman in South Bend?

I kid of course, maybe I’m just jealous.

Carry on.

No argument. He’s proved he can buy top quality groceries. Now let’s see if he can cook. I’m excited about the recruiting … because that’s all there is to be excited about this time of year.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bobref said:

No argument. He’s proved he can buy top quality groceries. Now let’s see if he can cook. I’m excited about the recruiting … because that’s all there is to be excited about this time of year.

It’s not as much fun when you don’t take the bait.

On 6/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, Bobref said:

Yes, I know they are slightly behind Michigan, and it’s undergrad enrollment almost 4 times their size. But that total is calculated at the conclusion of winter sports. UM’s so-so baseball season compared to ND’s CWS appearance should take care of that.

Congrats to the Irish on their 8th place finish.

https://nacda.com/news/2022/6/30/directorscup-texas-captures-2nd-straight-directors-cup-title.aspx

Dante Moore making his announcement Friday at noon on ESPN. Seems like Oregon will be the choice in the end. Feel good about the Irish getting Carr but little disappointed they couldn’t close with Moore. Anxious to hear what happened back in February or March when he was close to committing to ND or maybe that was never true. 

23 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Dante Moore making his announcement Friday at noon on ESPN. Seems like Oregon will be the choice in the end. Feel good about the Irish getting Carr but little disappointed they couldn’t close with Moore. Anxious to hear what happened back in February or March when he was close to committing to ND or maybe that was never true. 

I wouldn’t count out A&M.

Got some tickets yesterday to the Notre Dame - Cal game this September. Coach Freeman announced earlier this week that the Irish will wear green for that game. Made me think back to the very first “green jersey” game of the modern era, the 1977 USC game. I was there that day and it was one of the most electrifying moments I’ve experienced in that stadium … and there have been a lot of them. The Irish hammered #1 USC that day, 49-19, on their way to a national championship. What many people don’t remember is when the Irish came out of the tunnel they were preceded by a large “Trojan Horse,” and no one had any idea what that was about. The idea was actually Digger Phelps’ and Coach Devine embraced it. Probably his finest moment as ND Coach.

• Like 2

I’ll try this again. I made this post earlier this morning, and it looked fine. But when I looked at it 30 min. later, there was a completely different image clip attached to my post, and I have no idea how it got there. It was too late for me to edit it. So, I’m trying it again.

Got some tickets yesterday to the Notre Dame - Cal game this September. Coach Freeman announced earlier this week that the Irish will wear green for that game. Made me think back to the very first “green jersey” game of the modern era, the 1977 USC game. I was there that day and it was one of the most electrifying moments I’ve experienced in that stadium … and there have been a lot of them. The Irish hammered #1 USC that day, 49-19, on their way to a national championship. What many people don’t remember is when the Irish came out of the tunnel they were preceded by a large “Trojan Horse,” and no one had any idea what that was about. The idea was actually Digger Phelps’ and Coach Devine embraced it. Probably his finest moment as ND Coach.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 10:17 PM, temptation said:

I wouldn’t count out A&M.

I'm not sure why Moore would want to compete with Carr at Notre Dame, too big of a risk in my opinion. Why not go somewhere where your playing time is a little more cut and dry.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Got some tickets yesterday to the Notre Dame - Cal game this September. Coach Freeman announced earlier this week that the Irish will wear green for that game. Made me think back to the very first “green jersey” game of the modern era, the 1977 USC game. I was there that day and it was one of the most electrifying moments I’ve experienced in that stadium … and there have been a lot of them. The Irish hammered #1 USC that day, 49-19, on their way to a national championship. What many people don’t remember is when the Irish came out of the tunnel they were preceded by a large “Trojan Horse,” and no one had any idea what that was about. The idea was actually Digger Phelps’ and Coach Devine embraced it. Probably his finest moment as ND Coach.

I was 11 and vividly remember that game as well. What a great day for the Irish. 

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Now I really feel old. I had just been admitted to the bar then.

I got to experience my first SC game a couple seasons ago. While I have been to several games, that one was unlike any other, and it was awesome, including seeing the SC band march around outside the stadium. There were a lot of SC fans around as well, so there was some solid trash talking while tailgating as well. It was a great day. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I got to experience my first SC game a couple seasons ago. While I have been to several games, that one was unlike any other, and it was awesome, including seeing the SC band march around outside the stadium. There were a lot of SC fans around as well, so there was some solid trash talking while tailgating as well. It was a great day. 

Ah, “The Spirit of Troy.”

Gets my blood pumping every time.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Ah, “The Spirit of Troy.”

Gets my blood pumping every time.

I hate SC, but actually like the fight song, as well as the other tune they play….no clue the name of it. 

That is as long as I do not have to hear either of them that often. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Actually, the 1973 game was even better. I was a senior then. The crowd was unbelievable. First offensive play of the game, Pat Haden throws a flanker screen to Lynn Swann, and Luther Bradley bust through the screen and almost decapitates Swann. Knocked his helmet off and it rolled through the end zone. I thought the walls were coming down.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I hate SC, but actually like the fight song, as well as the other tune they play….no clue the name of it. 

That is as long as I do not have to hear either of them that often.

Embarrassing admission (and I’ll deny it until the day I die)…

I have a soft spot for “The Buckeye Battle Cry.”

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

Embarrassing admission (and I’ll deny it until the day I die)…

I have a soft spot for “The Buckeye Battle Cry.”

I was thinking after I posted, what are some fight songs from programs we hate or don’t root for that we like. That is one for me too. 

7 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I was thinking after I posted, what are some fight songs from programs we hate or don’t root for that we like. That is one for me too. 

The Big Ten has some great ones for sure.

Also a fan of USC’s, Texas’, Oklahoma, and Tennessee’s.

12 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Texas A&M's slams UT at the same time, lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

The Big Ten has some great ones for sure.

Also a fan of USC’s, Texas’, Oklahoma, and Tennessee’s.

NOT a fan of rocky top here. The fans sang that song after every run in the game against IU in baseball. They scored 12 runs. Ugh

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Is this the year, Notre Dame gets removed from this list with other national powerhouses?

36114AAD-AF7C-481A-B938-1EB2F54B852F.jpeg

Man I hope so. Has to happen one day but let’s see if they can actually get to the NY6 game this season with MF and what should be a tougher slate.