Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Absolute coward football by Notre Dame. Freeman 0-2 and already way in over his head.

What was the "coward" part in your opinion. Hopefully you're not going to say passing lack of passing the ball deep. The Irish are depleted in the receiver department and struggled to pass protect for the new quarterback. Maybe that had something to do with adjusting to a new line coach? 

Defense played great and they did a good job of chewing time off they clock. They go into the game as 17 point underdogs and are leading 10-7 through three quarters.................in Columbus.  And you think Freeman is "way in over his head?" Let's revisit that comment at the end of the year and again and the end of next year. 

All we learned last night is what I've been trying to tell everyone for the last five years. There's very little separation between Ohio State and Notre Dame. What else did we learn last night? Georgia is #2, not Ohio State...............and it's not even close. The gap between Alabama, Georgia, and everyone else is huge. It's about the same as the gap between the top ten teams in 6a vs  the bottom ten teams in 6a. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

What was the "coward" part in your opinion. Hopefully you're not going to say passing lack of passing the ball deep. The Irish are depleted in the receiver department and struggled to pass protect for the new quarterback. Maybe that had something to do with adjusting to a new line coach? 

Defense played great and they did a good job of chewing time off they clock. They go into the game as 17 point underdogs and are leading 10-7 through three quarters.................in Columbus.  And you think Freeman is "way in over his head?" Let's revisit that comment at the end of the year and again and the end of next year. 

All we learned last night is what I've been trying to tell everyone for the last five years. There's very little separation between Ohio State and Notre Dame. What else did we learn last night? Georgia is #2, not Ohio State...............and it's not even close. The gap between Alabama, Georgia, and everyone else is huge. It's about the same as the gap between the top ten teams in 6a vs  the bottom ten teams in 6a. 

As someone who was rooting for a meteor last night and who also understands Notre Dame doesn’t pride itself on moral victories, I thought the Irish’s game plan was nearly flawless and their effort was admirable.

D was too gassed in the second half because the offense couldn’t stay on the field.

Irish are still a 10/11 win team.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

ND did about everything they needed to do to win last night to win (not turn the ball over, keep OSU offense off of the field) but it still shows that ND is lacking with elite players on offense especially at wide receiver. Missing Jarett Patterson on the interior showed last night. Defense showed they can play with about anyone but the offense didn’t help them in the 2nd half. The Irish need to get better at making adjustments (and maybe not calling a safety blitz on 3rd and long vs a good qb???) because that’s two games in the row they’ve been unable to finish all 4 quarters and have faded in the second half. Hopefully they improve every week and head into Clemson game with one loss. 

41 minutes ago, temptation said:

As someone who was rooting for a meteor last night and who also understands Notre Dame doesn’t pride itself on moral victories, I thought the Irish’s game plan was nearly flawless and their effort was admirable.

D was too gassed in the second half because the offense couldn’t stay on the field.

Irish are still a 10/11 win team.

That made me laugh 

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Notre Dame played more than well enough to win for 3 quarters and then those players were absolutely cheated by Freeman playing not to get blown out. QB draw on 3rd and 18 and then punting down two scores with 4 minutes left and 1 time out left? Chick sh*t football by Freeman, he was content with an 11 point loss on the resume for the end of year playoff debate. Tells you everything you need to know where ND is at as a program.

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Notre Dame played more than well enough to win for 3 quarters and then those players were absolutely cheated by Freeman playing not to get blown out. QB draw on 3rd and 18 and then punting down two scores with 4 minutes left and 1 time out left? Chick sh*t football by Freeman, he was content with an 11 point loss on the resume for the end of year playoff debate. Tells you everything you need to know where ND is at as a program.

An eleven point loss on the home field of the #2 team in the country and a recruiting class that's currently ranked #1 coming in next year? Yeah, what a sad state of affairs they are in right now. 

Edited by BTF
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

An eleven point loss on the home field of the #2 team in the country and a recruiting class that's currently ranked #1 coming in next year? Yeah, what a sad state of affairs they are in right now. 

My point exactly, content with a loss. You think Alabama, Georgia, or OSU fans brag about moral victories? Playing not to get blown out is not something a single one of those programs would do.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

My point exactly, content with a loss. You think Alabama, Georgia, or OSU fans brag about moral victories? Playing not to get blown out is not something a single one of those programs would do.

Lol, who's content with a loss? Give me some evidence here. 

Just now, BTF said:

Really? That's it? 

What more evidence do you need when the freaking head coach is conceding the game? What on Earth were Freeman’s intentions then punting down 2 scores with 1 TO? He was conceding the game.

He had two options:

1. Go for it on 4th and 20 to try and extend the game but risk losing massive field position that could possibly make final outcome greater

2. Decide that an 11 point loss is good enough of a showing and punt the ball away effectively ending the game.

Freeman chose 2. Chicken sh*t football. How far Notre Dame fallen.

37 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What more evidence do you need when the freaking head coach is conceding the game? What on Earth were Freeman’s intentions then punting down 2 scores with 1 TO? He was conceding the game.

He had two options:

1. Go for it on 4th and 20 to try and extend the game but risk losing massive field position that could possibly make final outcome greater

2. Decide that an 11 point loss is good enough of a showing and punt the ball away effectively ending the game.

Your hatred for Notre Dame is evident. You were praying he'd go for it and fail so that Ohio State wouldn't have far to go to go up 28-10 and make the win look more convincing that what it actually was. 

Or did you take Ohio State with the point spread? 

Either way, you act like Freeman is the only coach in the country who would have punted in that situation. It sounds to me like he was trusting his defense to give them another shot. 

28 minutes ago, BTF said:

Your hatred for Notre Dame is evident. You were praying he'd go for it and fail so that Ohio State wouldn't have far to go to go up 28-10 and make the win look more convincing that what it actually was. 

Or did you take Ohio State with the point spread? 

Either way, you act like Freeman is the only coach in the country who would have punted in that situation. It sounds to me like he was trusting his defense to give them another shot. 

You need two scores dummy, not one. Punting the ball down 11 with 4 minutes left and 1 TO was the white flag.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

You need two scores dummy, not one. Punting the ball down 11 with 4 minutes left and 1 TO was the white flag.

Dummy? Lol. You're angry.

It's ok to have your own opinion and play pretend "what if I were the coach." But I have some news for ya. Fifty percent of collegiate coaches, all of whom have more coaching experience than you do, would have punted in that situation. You act like this is the first time you've seen it happen. You're mad that Freeman, who actually coaches for a living unlike you, didn't see it your way. Again, it's obvious you're upset that the Fighting Irish ONLY lost by 11 and were a couple of third down stops away from actually winning in the Horseshoe during primetime.  

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Dummy? Lol. You're angry.

It's ok to have your own opinion and play pretend "what if I were the coach." But I have some news for ya. Fifty percent of collegiate coaches, all of whom have more coaching experience than you do, would have punted in that situation. You act like this is the first time you've seen it happen. You're mad that Freeman, who actually coaches for a living unlike you, didn't see it your way. Again, it's obvious you're upset that the Fighting Irish ONLY lost by 11 and were a couple of third down stops away from actually winning in the Horseshoe during primetime.  

Lol. I’m happy ND lost. Any time ND loses whether it’s by 1 point or 100 points, it’s a good day. 

I do however find it utterly comical that fans like yourself sit here all off-season complaining about lack of national recognition or defense of the ND program, and then turn right around and defend the actions of a coach who blatantly playing to not get blown out. It’s why ND is a chicken sh*t. Good to know the Irish can finally claim a moral victory over one of the big 3. Congrats.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Lol. I’m happy ND lost. Any time ND loses whether it’s by 1 point or 100 points, it’s a good day. 

I do however find it utterly comical that fans like yourself sit here all off-season complaining about lack of national recognition or defense of the ND program, and then turn right around and defend the actions of a coach who blatantly playing to not get blown out. It’s why ND is a chicken sh*t. Good to know the Irish can finally claim a moral victory over one of the big 3. Congrats.

That pretty much explains it. You're "happy ND lost." Hence the reason you're mad they were up 10-7 through three quarters and only lost by 11 in big bad Ohio State's back yard. It's ok. Notre Dame is good and will be for a long time. Get used to it. No sense in being angry all the time. Can I get you a counselor? Indy, right?

Oh wait..............it just hit me. You're angry that Cathedral, with their three offensive All Americans, were a few lucky bounces from losing their second game in a row on Friday night. That's it. It's all coming together. Go take a nap. 

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

Again, it's obvious you're upset that the Fighting Irish ONLY lost by 11 and were a couple of third down stops away from actually winning in the Horseshoe during primetime.  

And that right there is my entire point. Freeman coached that 4th quarter so that the Irish only lost by a respectable margin. He had no interest in winning or trying to win. That’s entirely weak.

ND had 3rd and 21 on it’s second to last possession at the OSU 47 down 14-10. They run a 2 yard QB draw to set up a punt and took almost an entire minute off the clock by the time the ball was downed in a game they were LOSING. Why not throw a 10 yard in with the Ohio State defense conceding the middle of the field and let the WR get a few more yards upfield which would have given ND at least a chance at a makable FG and it still being a one score game if Ohio State scored a TD on their next drive (which they ultimately did). At worst it’s an incomplete pass and ND is still punting the ball away but would have saved an entire minute on the clock.

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

That pretty much explains it. You're "happy ND lost." Hence the reason you're mad they were up 10-7 through three quarters and only lost by 11 in big bad Ohio State's back yard. It's ok. Notre Dame is good and will be for a long time. Get used to it. No sense in being angry all the time. Can I get you a counselor? Indy, right?

Oh wait..............it just hit me. You're angry that Cathedral, with their three offensive All Americans, were a few lucky bounces from losing their second game in a row on Friday night. That's it. It's all coming together. Go take a nap. 

Yeah, that’s why I’m angry lol. Must suck to know that both your high school and college teams are both has beens and no longer relevant. 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

And that right there is my entire point. Freeman coached that 4th quarter so that the Irish only lost by a respectable margin. He had no interest in winning or trying to win. That’s entirely weak.

ND had 3rd and 21 on it’s second to last possession at the OSU 47 down 14-10. They run a 2 yard QB draw to set up a punt and took almost an entire minute off the clock by the time the ball was downed in a game they were LOSING. Why not throw a 10 yard in with the Ohio State defense conceding the middle of the field and let the WR get a few more yards upfield which would have given ND at least a chance at a makable FG and it still being a one score game if Ohio State scored a TD on their next drive (which they ultimately did). At worst it’s an incomplete pass and ND is still punting the ball away but would have saved an entire minute on the clock.

That's hard for me to say since I didn't watch a minute of game film. 

5 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

He had two options:

You are reaching here.  While I agree that they should’ve gone for it, there were countless other factors on the night that had decided the game so dying on this hill is bizarre.

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

You are reaching here.  While I agree that they should’ve gone for it, there were countless other factors on the night that had decided the game so dying on this hill is bizarre.

You honestly watched that 4th quarter and got the impression Notre Dame was trying to win the game? I didn’t.

Look I hate ND as much as the next guy, and happy that ND lost, but I will fully admit that Freeman had a great game plan coming in and the Irish executed well. That being said, it was blatantly clear that ND was trying to keep the game respectable and had no interest in winning. That’s BS if you ask me. You would NEVER see a team like Ohio State or Alabama or Georgia concede a game like that, nor would you ever see one of their fans hang their head on keeping a game close (moral victory). That’s the reality between those programs and ND.

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You honestly watched that 4th quarter and got the impression Notre Dame was trying to win the game? I didn’t.

Look I hate ND as much as the next guy, and happy that ND lost, but I will fully admit that Freeman had a great game plan coming in and the Irish executed well. That being said, it was blatantly clear that ND was trying to keep the game respectable and had no interest in winning. That’s BS if you ask me. You would NEVER see a team like Ohio State or Alabama or Georgia concede a game like that, nor would you ever see one of their fans hang their head on keeping a game close (moral victory). That’s the reality between those programs and ND.

Putting words in my mouth.  ND was the better team through 3 quarters.