Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Putting words in my mouth.  ND was the better team through 3 quarters.

They absolutely were, and then just decided they didn’t care any more. I don’t understand that. But hey I guess an 11 point loss at Ohio State is much better on the resume than an 18 or even 25 point loss had they actually played aggressive and to win. Tells you where ND is at as a program.

4 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Yeah, that’s why I’m angry lol. Must suck to know that both your high school and college teams are both has beens and no longer relevant. 

Yep very irrelevant, which is why you’re posting on a message board board about the head coach waving the white flag and not trying to score twice in the final minutes of a game most everyone knew they weren’t going to win. Very irrelevant.  

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

They absolutely were, and then just decided they didn’t care any more. I don’t understand that. But hey I guess an 11 point loss at Ohio State is much better on the resume than an 18 or even 25 point loss had they actually played aggressive and to win. Tells you where ND is at as a program.

Yes a top 10 program year in and year out. 

1 minute ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Yep very irrelevant, which is why you’re posting on a message board board about the head coach waving the white flag and not trying to score twice in the final minutes of a game most everyone knew they weren’t going to win. Very irrelevant.  

Waving the white flag in a game that you dominated for 3 quarters is an absolute horse sh*t move. Those ND players deserved better. Not likely ND was going to win, but they didn’t even give themselves a chance. Disgraceful.

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

A top 10 program hanging their hat on keeping a regular season game close. There’s an oxymoron if I’ve ever seen one.

You do realize this irrelevant program you speak of still plays Clemson, BYU, and “Rice” beaters USC so, and I don’t want to speak out of turn here, I don’t think they’re hanging their hats on losing game one (in close fashion) on the road to the “#2” team in the country.  Again, irreverent. 

19 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

You do realize this irrelevant program you speak of still plays Clemson, BYU, and “Rice” beaters USC so, and I don’t want to speak out of turn here, I don’t think they’re hanging their hats on losing game one (in close fashion) on the road to the “#2” team in the country.  Again, irreverent. 

Wonder what he thinks about a coach who decides to play for a tie by kicking a PAT with no time on the clock? Then the PAT gets blocked.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Only if someone plays for a tie game.

Why would LSU go for 2 there? Home game with all the momentum in the world heading into OT. Even with hindsight, Kelly kicks the PAT 10/10 times there as he should. Kicking a PAT to send a game into OT is entirely different than punting down 2 scores with 4 minutes left effectively ending the game. Complete apples to oranges comparison.

23 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Tells you where ND is at as a program.

Hmmm. I think many programs would love to be where ND is as a program:

Five years in a row with 10+ wins

Fourth best recruiting class in 2023

Number one recruiting class in 2024

You're really making a fool out of yourself. It's sad because I know you are much smarter than this. You're going down and a very high rate of speed right now. 

Just now, BTF said:

Hmmm. I think many programs would love to be where ND is as a program:

Five years in a row with 10+ wins

Fourth best recruiting class in 2023

Number one recruiting class in 2024

You're really making a fool out of yourself. It's sad because I know you are much smarter than this. You're going down and a very high rate of speed right now. 

There’s 4 other programs with tutelage like that the last 5 years. You think any of those 4 would be boasting about keeping it “close” with another top 5 team? 

14 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Complete apples to oranges comparison.

That depends on your bias.

14 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Home game with all the momentum in the world heading into OT

Momentum? They were lucky to even get the ball back. A punt returner who drops 2 punts in the same game.......give me a break. The only reason they were in a position to even tie was due to a mistake by officials. Game should have been over when the player was tackled in bounds with no time on the clock.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

There’s 4 other programs with tutelage like that the last 5 years. You think any of those 4 would be boasting about keeping it “close” with another top 5 team? 

Lol, you're exhausting. 

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Momentum? They were lucky to even get the ball back. A punt returner who drops 2 punts in the same game.......give me a break. The only reason they were in a position to even tie was due to a mistake by officials. Game should have been over when the player was tackled in bounds with no time on the clock.

He was tackled in-bounds after getting a first down with 2 seconds left on the clock on a bang-bang play. Clock stops in college for the officials to re-spot the ball and move the chains. They would gotten a snap.

And absolutely LSU would have had the momentum going into OT. All FSU had to do was take 3 knees, force LSU to take all 3 TO’s, and then kick a chip shot to go up 2 scores. 

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

He was tackled in-bounds after getting a first down with 2 seconds left on the clock on a bang-bang play. Clock stops in college for the officials to re-spot the ball and move the chains. They would gotten a snap.

And absolutely LSU would have had the momentum going into OT. All FSU had to do was take 3 knees, force LSU to take all 3 TO’s, and then kick a chip shot to go up 2 scores. 

LSU lost, that's all that matters today. Same with Notre Dame. Both are now 0-1, but at least Notre Dame didn't have any players quit.  We already know 1 of the coaches sucks, the 2nd remains to be seen.

Edited by gonzoron

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, you're exhausting. 

I’m not the one boasting about “only losing by 11 points to the #2 team in the country on prime time TV”, that’s you my friend.

And I’m certainly not the one excusing the coach calling such a chicken sh*t 4th quarter for the team I root for. Again, that’s you my friend.

ND is 0-2 under Freeman and has been absolutely schooled in the second half of both contests. 

Edited by Footballking16

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

LSU lost, that's all that matters today. Same with Notre Dame. Both are now 0-1. We already know 1 of the coaches sucks, the 2nd remains to be seen.

Brian Kelly will win a national championship at LSU before Marcus Freeman does at Notre Dame. You’re putting immense pressure on Marcus Freeman when you say that his predecessor sucks. I will be shocked if Freeman has half the success that Brian Kelly had, 2 games in and he already looks in over his head.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

I’m not the one boasting about “only losing by 11 points to the #2 team in the country on prime time TV”, that’s you my friend.

And I’m certainly not the one excusing the coach calling such a chicken sh*t 4th quarter for the team I root for. Again, that’s you my friend.

ND is 0-2 under Freeman and has been absolutely schooled in the second half in both contests. 

Boasting or defensive of the "coward" accusation?

You're ready to throw Freeman under the bus after just two games? 

Look. I admire your passion about the two greatest games in all of sports.............high school and college football. But you really get carried away sometimes. Take a deep breath and maybe pause for a few minutes before you type. 

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Brian Kelly will win a national championship at LSU before Marcus Freeman does at Notre Dame.

Kelly is getting roasted today on Twitter. I'd say he's behind Freeman right now. He lost to a team who has had 4 losing seasons in a row.

Edited by gonzoron

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

Boasting or defensive of the "coward" accusation?

You're ready to throw Freeman under the bus after just two games? 

Look. I admire your passion about the two greatest games in all of sports.............high school and college football. But you really get carried away sometimes. Take a deep breath and maybe pause for a few minutes before you type. 

He completely gave up in the 4th quarter of his second game. How is that anything but alarming? You play the #2 team in the country to a near draw for 3 quarters and then just throw in the white flag to preserve your potential end of the year resume? Coward football and I 100% stand by that. 

Edited by Footballking16

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

He completely gave up in the 4th quarter of his second game. How is that anything but alarming? You play the #2 team in the country to a near draw for 3 quarters and then just throw in the white flag to preserve your potential end of the year resume? Coward football and I 100% stand by that. 

Well there ya go then. Enjoy the Clemson/GT game.

Brian Kelly looks like he's aged 10 years.  He's got a team full of undisciplined players, and he's not used to that.  The look on his face looked like he was thinking, "what in the world have I done?"  I wish him nothing at LSU.  I hope he enjoys the paychecks.

The Irish offense just ran out of talent at the end.  It wasn't lack of effort, it was just tOSU had a bit more talent.  Good days ahead for the Irish!  At least they look like a football team coming on the field again!