Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

Just now, BTF said:

Laugh all you want. Most coaches aren't privy to the recruiting opportunities that Day is blessed with. It's similar to programs like Adams Central and Pioneer. We'll never know if they truly are the best programs in the state of Indiana because they're not privy to the same resources that Center Grove has. 

Name one Irish fan that didn't see the risk in hiring a coordinator with no head coaching experience. 

I’m responding to one. The way some ND fans on here have dismissed Kelly is astounding.

Michigan is better than Notre Dame this year, so what. Notre Dame will be lucky to win 8 games, who cares. At the end of they day, we're nothing but a bunch of cheerleaders. And those getting the last laugh are the ones with the seven figure income. 

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Michigan is better than Notre Dame this year, so what. Notre Dame will be lucky to win 8 games, who cares. At the end of they day, we're nothing but a bunch of cheerleaders. And those getting the last laugh are the ones with the seven figure income. 

Man, people cope in interesting ways…

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

No point in sulking over something you have no control of. 

I mean, my Michigan fandom has nothing to do with the topic so you bringing it up is a bit bizarre.

Were the shoe on the other foot, I’d fully expect (and have (App State/Toledo)) others to dance on my grave.

We all flock to this site daily as fans of the greatest sport in the world and it has its peaks and valleys.  We sulk, we celebrate.  It’s what makes fandom what it is.

The sun came up today and will again tomorrow.

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, temptation said:

I mean, my Michigan fandom has nothing to do with the topic so you bringing it up is a bit bizarre.

Were the shoe on the other foot, I’d fully expect (and have (App State/Toledo)) others to dance on my grave.

We all flock to this site daily as fans of the greatest sport in the world and it has its peaks and valleys.  We sulk, we celebrate.  It’s what makes fandom what it is.

You won't get that from me. College football is better when Michigan is good. 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

When I get a minute this afternoon I will go through the old threads and dig up your posts dancing on Kelly’s grave and anointing Freeman the savior before he ever coached a regular season game.

Lol, I'm glad you have that kind of time.

If I were the Notre Dame AD, I would have 100% hired Marcus Freeman. I'm 100% still on board with Marcus Freeman. And I'm 100% aware of the risk. You've never taken a risk before? Still bagging groceries at Kroger? 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

You won't get that from me. College football is better when Michigan is good. 

That’s where we are different.  I want ND to go 0-12 annually…unless they are playing an $EC school or O$U.

Speaking of which, am I allowed to use yesterday’s Notre Dame performance as an indictment of Ohio State?

A man can dream, right?

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, I'm glad you have that kind of time.

If I were the Notre Dame AD, I would have 100% hired Marcus Freeman. I'm 100% still on board with Marcus Freeman. And I'm 100% aware of the risk. You've never taken a risk before? Still bagging groceries at Kroger? 

Notre Dame didn’t look to hire anybody else. That’s the point. The inmates ran the asylum and ND caved in.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

That’s where we are different.  I want ND to go 0-12 annually…unless they are playing an $EC school or O$U.

Speaking of which, am I allowed to use yesterday’s Notre Dame performance as an indictment of Ohio State?

A man can dream, right?

Why so much hate for Notre Dame? What did Freeman or any of the players ever do to you? Personally, I think it's pretty cool that a little college in the state that I reside is the most storied college football program of all time. 

Are you saying that Ohio State and Marshall are on a level playing field right now?

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Notre Dame didn’t look to hire anybody else. That’s the point. The inmates ran the asylum and ND caved in.

So you're smarter than Jack Swarbrick? I mean, he's the AD at Notre Dame. Now you've really got me curious what you do for a living and what your standing is. 

Just now, temptation said:

I’m hearing a lot from ND folks that keeping the recruiting class in tact was a huge motivator in hiring Freeman.

Fact or fiction?

I’m sure it played a huge part, but who cares. Lose a few recruits in a single class or hire a guy way in over his head only to repeat the same hiring process 4 years later.

ND fans already forget the coaching carousel of the 2000’s?

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Why so much hate for Notre Dame? What did Freeman or any of the players ever do to you? Personally, I think it's pretty cool that a little college in the state that I reside is the most storied college football program of all time. 

Are you saying that Ohio State and Marshall are on a level playing field right now?

I respect their tradition, academics and squeaky clean reputation.  It’s never anything against players or coaches.

This may seem rich because many folks claim the same about Michigan fans but the arrogance of Notre Dame and exceptions made for them in the bowl system is nauseating.

College football may indeed, be “better” when Notre Dame is good but that’s irrelevant to me.  I’ll watch even (and have) if they, or my favorite team is 3-9. It doesn’t take away from my enjoyment of the sport as a whole.

Plus ND fans are flaky.  Start looking for the transition to their excitement about the IU basketball season by the end of the month.

My Marshall/OSU question was tongue in cheek by the way.

1 minute ago, BTF said:

So you're smarter than Jack Swarbrick? I mean, he's the AD at Notre Dame. Now you've really got me curious what you do for a living and what your standing is. 

If I’m looking to hire somebody I’m going to interview more than one person. How smart does Jack Swarbrick look right now?

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

If I’m looking to hire somebody I’m going to interview more than one person. How smart does Jack Swarbrick look right now?

I'll let you know in a couple of years. You're really going to look like an idiot if Freeman rights the ship and turns out to be a pretty good coach. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'll let you know in a couple of years. You're really going to look like an idiot if Freeman rights the ship and turns out to be a pretty good coach. 

I’ve already acknowledged that Freeman will likely be a good coach in due time. Don’t think he was qualified at the time for the Notre Dame job and he hasn’t shown me anything yet to change my stance.

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I’ve already acknowledged that Freeman will likely be a good coach in due time. Don’t think he was qualified at the time for the Notre Dame job and he hasn’t shown me anything yet to change my stance.

How patient will Notre Dame be?  Let’s say they are 6-6 this year and the recruiting class falls apart.

Better right the ship QUICKLY.

Edited by temptation

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

I respect their tradition, academics and squeaky clean reputation.  It’s never anything against players or coaches.

This may seem rich because many folks claim the same about Michigan fans but the arrogance of Notre Dame and exceptions made for them in the bowl system is nauseating.

College football may indeed, be “better” when Notre Dame is good but that’s irrelevant to me.  I’ll watch even (and have) if they, or my favorite team is 3-9. It doesn’t take away from my enjoyment of the sport as a whole.

Plus ND fans are flaky.  Start looking for the transition to their excitement about the IU basketball season by the end of the month.

My Marshall/OSU question was tongue in cheek by the way.

Every fan base has their arrogant fans. It just comes with the territory when the team they are rooting for is good. I think it's the entitlement that rich people feel they are deserving of that bothers you the most. I get it, it's a turnoff. I guess I just feel that there is a lot more to the university than the rich people who wear blue and gold to make themselves feel good about themselves. 

Why is it ok for a guy from Indiana to root for Michigan, but it's not ok for a guy from Indiana to root for both Notre Dame and IU?

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Every fan base has their arrogant fans. It just comes with the territory when the team they are rooting for is good. I think it's the entitlement that rich people feel they are deserving of that bothers you the most. I get it, it's a turnoff. I guess I just feel that there is a lot more to the university than the rich people who wear blue and gold to make themselves feel good about themselves. 

Why is it ok for a guy from Indiana to root for Michigan, but it's not ok for a guy from Indiana to root for both Notre Dame and IU?

Not apples to apples.  I root for Michigan in both sports.  

ND football fans root for IU in basketball.