Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

54 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

They scored on Ohio State and Marshall also, it just wasn't nearly enough.

They were shutout in the 2nd half against Ohio State and 70 yards of offense and put together one decent scoring drive against Marshall in the second half. Their last TD was set up on a short field stemming from a block punt. Notre Dame is T-115th in the nation in scoring offense at 18.5. That's terrible. 

UNC defense is terrible but their offense is elite. They're going to have to score more than 18 points in Chapel Hill to have a chance. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

They were shutout in the 2nd half against Ohio State and 70 yards of offense and put together one decent scoring drive against Marshall in the second half. Their last TD was set up on a short field stemming from a block punt. Notre Dame is T-115th in the nation in scoring offense at 18.5. That's terrible. 

UNC defense is terrible but their offense is elite. They're going to have to score more than 18 points in Chapel Hill to have a chance. 

Yeah, what I said.

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Should have been able to score on OSU, Marshall and Cal too...

All three of those teams have a better defense than North Carolina. I think Pyne will feel less pressure playing away from home. Whatever, I'm normally wrong anyway. 

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2022 at 4:22 PM, BTF said:

All three of those teams have a better defense than North Carolina. I think Pyne will feel less pressure playing away from home. Whatever, I'm normally wrong anyway. 

If ND's front 7 can get to Maye and keep this from becoming a shootout I like ND's chances. But ND will be in trouble if this game is played in the high 30's/low 40's. 

On 9/18/2022 at 12:35 PM, temptation said:

You should be thrilled with that based on what I’ve seen.

If they finish 8-4, IMO that means they have a really, really good young head coach in Marcus Freeman. I still need to see them play to have a better gauge of what they can be this season. Of the 3 game sample size, the offense has been atrocious, the defense has played well at times but has really disappointed in the 2nd half of every game and is lacking turnovers, and the special teams have been.....ok? Again, I need to see more (or do I? haha) Here's the rest of the schedule

UNC, BYE, BYU, Stanford, UNLV, Syracuse, Clemson, Navy, Boston College, U$C

I think they.....?, -, L, W, W, ?, L, W, ?, L.. If they can beat UNC, Syracuse, BC and then pull an upset they can get to 8. At this point I just don't have the confidence they can do it. Hope I'm wrong!!!

23 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

If ND's front 7 can get to Maye and keep this from becoming a shootout I like ND's chances. But ND will be in trouble if this game is played in the high 30's/low 40's. 

The D will step up in this one for the Irish and the North Carolina D is pitiful. Notre Dame 31, North Carolina 24.

Nice win for the Irish, 45-32.  The game was all Irish after the first quarter.  The Irish may have had 400 yards rushing today.  They didn't throw the ball the entire 4th quarter and moved the ball quite well.  The game wasn't near as close as the score indicates.  Estime fumbled going in for a touchdown and NC threw a 4th down pass for the final score.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Irishman said:

Pyne looked good in the 1st half. Hel looks a lot more comfortable. Love seeing Mayer getting the looks he is. 

This is the Pyne I remember from last year's Wisconsin game.

I honestly don't think Buchner has much of a future. He's too injury prone. 

• Like 1

ND has a history of getting out to fast starts then going passive to try to hold on to a win. This is another exaample. Remember the 3rd and 17 run by BYU from deep in their own end of the field. The missed 2 point conversion looms large now as well. 

That was as sudden a flip as I've seen in all my years of watching Notre Dame football.  I'm glad they regained their toughness and held on for the win, 28-20.

Going for two early in the game makes you feel like the coaching staff isn't sure if the Irish were going to score some more.  Kick the ball and score more td's!  Also, keep your head in the game when you have BYU 3rd and 16 or 17 inside their own 5.  That first down started the slide.  A 25-6 lead in the 3rd quarter, doesn't mean the game is over!

Michael Mayer is, by far, the best tight end in ND history, and the best in the Country now.

By far??  You probably aren’t old enough to have watched Ken MacAfee in the 70’s, who finished third for the Heisman. Mayer is a great player absolutely but I wouldn’t say by far their best TE.  MacAfee would have been off the charts in today’s offenses.