Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

24 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

This and the North Carolina QB reportedly receiving multi-million dollar offers to leave Chapel Hill when he's not even in the transfer portal is absolutelycrazy. 

This may be the biggest problem in all that has happened. There are things the NCAA could do to control this type of thing. 

11 hours ago, Bobref said:

For me, from this point forward, the default explanation for this sort of flip-flopping is that somebody came up with a better NIL deal. 

At 18 years old, it's easy to get you head spun with pretty things or by money.  NIL does have a bearing on some's choice, for sure.  Legacy and loyalty will undoubtedly take a hit.

Sounds like Sam Hartman might be a done deal. Is the Tyler Buchner era over before it even started? Notre Dame isn't bringing Hartman to South Bend to sit on the bench. 

This is probably good news for the Irish. They can't hinge their playoff hopes on an injury prone quarterback or a freshman. Bad news for Wake Forest. The transfer portal circus continues. I imagine 90% of college football fans agree that the new transfer rules are an absolute joke. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Sounds like Sam Hartman might be a done deal. Is the Tyler Buchner era over before it even started? Notre Dame isn't bringing Hartman to South Bend to sit on the bench. 

This is probably good news for the Irish. They can't hinge their playoff hopes on an injury prone quarterback or a freshman. Bad news for Wake Forest. The transfer portal circus continues. I imagine 90% of college football fans agree that the new transfer rules are an absolute joke. 

Why is it a joke? Look at Jameson Williams could t get on the field at Ohio state and transfers to Alabama and becomes a 1st round pick. This is a win win for everyone 

20 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Why is it a joke? Look at Jameson Williams could t get on the field at Ohio state and transfers to Alabama and becomes a 1st round pick. This is a win win for everyone 

It's an absolute circus. Players are no longer committed to their program and programs are no longer committed to their players. "Thank you for your time and investment here, but we're bringing in a player from another school to take over your position."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BTF said:

It's an absolute circus. Players are no longer committed to their program and programs are no longer committed to their players. "Thank you for your time and investment here, but we're bringing in a player from another school to take over your position."

Seems like they are preparing them for the real world, remember everyone is replaceable 

The Irish had a 38-31 lead and the ball inside the 10, with the biggest running back in the game in the backfield, and Buchner throws a 100 yard pick six.  That's one of the biggest blunders in many years!

The had the Gamecocks beat and threw the ball right to them!

Still time for a game winning drive!

Not many times when a QB throws two pick sixes does his team win.  As they said on the postgame, they had it won, gave it away and then went down and won it.  Good start for next season.  Buchner threw 3 picks, but played pretty well, in fact he was chosen as the game MVP.  Estime just runs over folks, but he can also hit the corner for big yards.  Good things to come for the Irish.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Not many times when a QB throws two pick sixes does his team win.  As they said on the postgame, they had it won, gave it away and then went down and won it.  Good start for next season.  Buchner threw 3 picks, but played pretty well, in fact he was chosen as the game MVP.  Estime just runs over folks, but he can also hit the corner for big yards.  Good things to come for the Irish.

I thought Buchner played like a QB of immense talent … who hasn’t seen game action in 16 weeks, About what I expected.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

First player in 25 years with 2 rushing tds, 2 passing tds and 2 pick 6’s in a game. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobref said:

I thought Buchner played like a QB of immense talent … who hasn’t seen game action in 16 weeks, About what I expected.

Oh yeah!  He was rusty for sure.  Missed a lot of throws early in the game but came through when he was needed.   The Wake Forest QB better be good.  It looks like an interesting spring for the Irish.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

The Irish had a 38-31 lead and the ball inside the 10, with the biggest running back in the game in the backfield, and Buchner throws a 100 yard pick six.  That's one of the biggest blunders in many years!

The had the Gamecocks beat and threw the ball right to them!

Still time for a game winning drive!

The blunder was in the play-call

literally running over SC first and goal you call pass?? 
I don’t believe Freeman has the luxury to wait for Rees to mature as a play-caller. 

yes they had 500 yds O but he has 6-7 calls a game you just scratch your head 

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Thanks for that!  I guess that's somewhat of an achievement, at least the rushing and passing TD part.

I was curious but didn’t see the last qb to do it. 

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Oh yeah!  He was rusty for sure.  Missed a lot of throws early in the game but came through when he was needed.   The Wake Forest QB better be good.  It looks like an interesting spring for the Irish.

IMO Still somewhat hard to judge Tyler Buchnar because of the small sample size (just 3 games). I love how he never got rattled last night and came back to win the game he almost gave away…… but he has missed throws and had bad turnovers in all 3 games. Whoever they bring in as a transfer qb will at least give them more depth and a little competition never hurt anyone.
If they can have a qb depth chart next year of Sam Hartman, TB, Angeli, and Minchey that would be a great start. Just have to wonder if they’ll all be in the ND QB room come August. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RingLeader said:

The blunder was in the play-call

literally running over SC first and goal you call pass?? 
I don’t believe Freeman has the luxury to wait for Rees to mature as a play-caller. 

yes they had 500 yds O but he has 6-7 calls a game you just scratch your head 

Tommy Rees was also the one that called the play for the winning TD!  You sound like the "fans" on the Notre Dame free message board.

Really, the misplays and the dumb calls, which the one on the last pick 6 was dumb, really don't matter.  The only thing that really matters is the Irish got the W!  The final score is all that makes the history book.

On 12/31/2022 at 1:05 PM, PHJIrish said:

The Wake Forest QB better be good.  It looks like an interesting spring for the Irish.

Sam Hartman isn't leaving Wake Forest to sit on the bench at Notre Dame. The Irish coaching staff knows this. The chance of Buchner starting is about 1%.  About all you can hope for at this point is for Buchner to stick around knowing that his coaches are bringing in a guy to take his position. Then in 2024 he'll be competing with Angeli, Minchey, and Carr. I hate to say it, but the transfer portal might be in Buchner's best interest at this point. He could start for 90% of the Power Five programs.