Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

Notre Dame 2022


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

10-2 at worst, likely 11-1.

Sign me up. Freeman’s first two games will be the Oklahoma St game and Ohio St in Columbus. First game didn’t go so well and I expect a loss in Columbus but how bad will that loss be is the question. Who’s playing quarterback in those 12 games and how bad are the other losses? Ohio St, Clemson and USC you’d think would be the potential losses but besides OSU the other two are winnable games imo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Sign me up. Freeman’s first two games will be the Oklahoma St game and Ohio St in Columbus. First game didn’t go so well and I expect a loss in Columbus but how bad will that loss be is the question. Who’s playing quarterback in those 12 games and how bad are the other losses? Ohio St, Clemson and USC you’d think would be the potential losses but besides OSU the other two are winnable games imo 

Clemson and USC will be fascinating watches in 2022.  I think Clemson takes a step back and USC a step forward, especially by the time they play ND.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

DL Coach and recruiting coordinator Mike Elston is leaving ND to become the DL coach at Michigan. Big loss, one of my favorite assistant coaches. 

I’m now 90/10 on Harbaugh staying, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’m now 90/10 on Harbaugh staying, lol.

Good for Michigan! Hope you're right.

 

Just now, BTF said:

Good for Michigan! Hope you're right.

 

Forget it, I just saw that Michigan took Mike Elston.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2022 at 1:22 PM, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Sign me up. Freeman’s first two games will be the Oklahoma St game and Ohio St in Columbus. First game didn’t go so well and I expect a loss in Columbus but how bad will that loss be is the question. Who’s playing quarterback in those 12 games and how bad are the other losses? Ohio St, Clemson and USC you’d think would be the potential losses but besides OSU the other two are winnable games imo 

If Oregon can beat OSU on their home turf, I don't see why ND can't. I think OSU will be a little more jacked up for ND than they were for the Ducks though. I'm still not sure how good of a coach Ryan Day is, he has a TON of talent to work with. Anyways, the game in Columbus is winnable in my opinion. I don't think that environment will affect Buchner or Pyne. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BTF said:

If Oregon can beat OSU on their home turf, I don't see why ND can't. I think OSU will be a little more jacked up for ND than they were for the Ducks though. I'm still not sure how good of a coach Ryan Day is, he has a TON of talent to work with. Anyways, the game in Columbus is winnable in my opinion. I don't think that environment will affect Buchner or Pyne. 

We have no idea how good of a coach Freeman will be either.  Not off to a great start.  Having Elston call the D in the bowl game was pretty dumb move. 
 

Stroud and company will light ND up. Shame ND cant seem to recruit QBs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RingLeader said:

We have no idea how good of a coach Freeman will be either.  Not off to a great start.  Having Elston call the D in the bowl game was pretty dumb move. 
 

Stroud and company will light ND up. Shame ND cant seem to recruit QBs 

What am I missing here? They had three QB's who could have led them to an 11 win season in 2021. 

Agree. Freeman not calling the defense was a mistake. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BTF said:

If Oregon can beat OSU on their home turf, I don't see why ND can't. I think OSU will be a little more jacked up for ND than they were for the Ducks though. I'm still not sure how good of a coach Ryan Day is, he has a TON of talent to work with. Anyways, the game in Columbus is winnable in my opinion. I don't think that environment will affect Buchner or Pyne. 

Catching OSU early is key.  They will have the best skill talent in America once again but much of it outside of JSN is unproven.

It doesn’t help ND that Olave and Wilson opted out of the Rose Bowl and their young guys got meaningful reps though.

Ill tell you this however…if ND employs the 2nd half prevent/matador defense they did in the Fiesta Bowl, Ohio Stadium may be in the market for a new scoreboard after the ND game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, temptation said:

Catching OSU early is key.  They will have the best skill talent in America once again but much of it outside of JSN is unproven.

It doesn’t help ND that Olave and Wilson opted out of the Rose Bowl and their young guys got meaningful reps though.

Ill tell you this however…if ND employs the 2nd half prevent/matador defense they did in the Fiesta Bowl, Ohio Stadium may be in the market for a new scoreboard after the ND game.

Hard to argue any of that. But the talent level at ND is up there as well. Not Ohio State good, but pretty darn good nonetheless. Better than anyone not named Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, and Clemson. If Tyler Buchner has the kind of year everyone thinks he's capable of, Notre Dame will be in the playoff...............as long as Freeman isn't in over his head. I know Freeman has a lot of responsibilities as a head coach, but he may want to take a high proactive role with the defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

Hard to argue any of that. But the talent level at ND is up there as well. Not Ohio State good, but pretty darn good nonetheless. Better than anyone not named Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, and Clemson. If Tyler Buchner has the kind of year everyone thinks he's capable of, Notre Dame will be in the playoff...............as long as Freeman isn't in over his head. I know Freeman has a lot of responsibilities as a head coach, but he may want to take a high proactive role with the defense.

Will have more talent than 10-11 teams on their schedule by a wide margin in most cases.  Freeman just has to be competent and keep the train on the tracks.

USC will be a threat in the future but I’m not sure Riley can turn them around in year 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

DL Coach and recruiting coordinator Mike Elston is leaving ND to become the DL coach at Michigan. Big loss, one of my favorite assistant coaches. 

Pay raise?

2 hours ago, RingLeader said:

We have no idea how good of a coach Freeman will be either.  Not off to a great start.  Having Elston call the D in the bowl game was pretty dumb move. 
 

Stroud and company will light ND up. Shame ND cant seem to recruit QBs 

As an ND fan, excellent, excellent post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BTF said:

What am I missing here? They had three QB's who could have led them to an 11 win season in 2021. 

Agree. Freeman not calling the defense was a mistake. 

Four. Ron Powlus III. 😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lance Taylor, rb coach and co OC last year supposedly, will leave and become the new OC at Louisville. He was a good coach and recruiter too. So if you’re scoring at home that leaves openings still at DC, DL, and RB coach. WR has been filled by a coach from Baylor, Chansi Stuckey and OL bringing back Harry Hiestand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Lance Taylor, rb coach and co OC last year supposedly, will leave and become the new OC at Louisville. He was a good coach and recruiter too. So if you’re scoring at home that leaves openings still at DC, DL, and RB coach. WR has been filled by a coach from Baylor, Chansi Stuckey and OL bringing back Harry Hiestand. 

Al Washington?  Really?  Wow.

Laughable.  Hassan Haskins just ran through the OSU linebacking core again as I typed this.

 

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...