Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC potential matchups

3 hours ago, Blitz said:

Carroll is going big. Like BIG. Center Grove, Warren, HSE and Merrillville all on the table. Perhaps even Fishers. Obviously only two per year but the Chargers want to take advantage of the opportunity to schedule up. 

Good for Carroll. HSE, Merrillville, and Fishers all provide a competitive matchup with programs of equal caliber, but from different areas of the state. I'd love to see them land one of those schools along with either GC or Warren. The latter two schools give the Chargers an opportunity to see size and speed not likely to be seen from their SAC counterparts. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blitz said:

Blitz is hearing some things re: matchups. 

Look for Northrop to lock in Goshen and New Haven. 

Carroll is going big. Like BIG. Center Grove, Warren, HSE and Merrillville all on the table. Perhaps even Fishers. Obviously only two per year but the Chargers want to take advantage of the opportunity to schedule up. 

Not to be biased, but if I am them I am taking Warren and Center Grove.

19 hours ago, Blitz said:

Also hearing Heritage and South Side, Concordia and Eastbrook. 

Wayne is reaching out to AC and SA. 

I’d be surprised if AC or SA give up Belmont first 2 weeks.  AC would be a good game next couple years.  SA would’ve been able to compete last few years but not now. 

3 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

I’d be surprised if AC or SA give up Belmont first 2 weeks.  AC would be a good game next couple years.  SA would’ve been able to compete last few years but not now. 

Bellmont dropped AC from their schedule for week 1. Bellmont picked up Heritage. AC picked up Garrett.

Good for Coach Dinan. Hopefully that 'go big or go home' mentality will help continue to grow his football program. I love the one two punch of a very good program from the HHC and the 'best of the best' in the WC/CG matchups. Weeks 1 & 2 will more than prepare the Chargers for when they meet up with Dwenger, Snider, & Homestead. It should also be good for attendance. 

The big question for Carroll. Do they continue the their momentum from 2020 & 2021? Or do they slide back to the middle of the pack? The latter has been the norm since they joined the SAC. It's hard to believe Dinan is heading into his 13th year. I like the direction they are heading in. They continue to gain in enrollment and have invested a lot of money in their facilities. 

16 hours ago, BTF said:

You certainly did. So Warren Central opens the season against Snider and plays Carroll the following week. 

Then in 2024 and 2025, Warren Central plays Warsaw and Carroll their first two weeks.

Also hearing potential rumors for a "big cat" out of confernece matchup in future years as well but nothing confirmed yet. I am sure plenty of discussions going on between a number of teams.

37 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Then in 2024 and 2025, Warren Central plays Warsaw and Carroll their first two weeks.

Also hearing potential rumors for a "big cat" out of confernece matchup in future years as well but nothing confirmed yet. I am sure plenty of discussions going on between a number of teams.

I think a showdown between the big cats would be good for both programs. 

42 minutes ago, jakone said:

If Luers doesn't play Carroll or Homestead the first year who can they play that will help them as much as these two schools do? And be willing to play a 2a school.

Snider, Carroll, and Homestead, will all vie for the opportunity to get a crack at Luers. I imagine some years they'll play two of those schools and and some years one. 

Who would help Luers? The beauty for Luers is that they are a 2a school. Any strong 3a program and above will be more than anything they'll face in the 2a tournament. I think there are plenty high level 3a programs that would be willing to schedule them. I can't think of one 4a program who would turn them down. Even a few 5a programs would take a crack at them. 

We found out how Hartley and Whitmer measure up to SAC schools. I bet they would rumble with Luers again. Coldwater is just across the board and is probably the best small program in the state of Ohio..........I would head out to Luers to see that one. Might even drive to Coldwater. Leo, East Noble, LCC, and Chatard just to name a few. Opportunities abound for the Knights.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Snider, Carroll, and Homestead, will all vie for the opportunity to get a crack at Luers. I imagine some years they'll play two of those schools and and some years one. 

Who would help Luers? The beauty for Luers is that they are a 2a school. Any strong 3a program and above will be more than anything they'll face in the 2a tournament. I think there are plenty high level 3a programs that would be willing to schedule them. I can't think of one 4a program who would turn them down. Even a few 5a programs would take a crack at them. 

We found out how Hartley and Whitmer measure up to SAC schools. I bet they would rumble with Luers again. Coldwater is just across the board and is probably the best small program in the state of Ohio..........I would head out to Luers to see that one. Might even drive to Coldwater. Leo, East Noble, LCC, and Chatard just to name a few. Opportunities abound for the Knights.

Which one of the schools you named would be a tougher game for Luers than Carroll or Homestead or Snider?

17 minutes ago, jakone said:

Which one of the schools you named would be a tougher game for Luers than Carroll or Homestead or Snider?

Hartley and Whitmer defeated Luers by a wider margin than Snider did in three of those four games. Coldwater is a small school, but I bet they would give Snider, Homestead, and Carroll a run for their money much the same that Luers does. Chatard is on a level playing field with those teams most years and even better on occasion. 

I'm not sure losing to Snider by 30 points (average margin of victory last 6 meetings) prepares Luers any more than a more competitive game against 4a program like Leo or East Noble. Maybe it does, but I doubt it. I completely understand your point of view and even sympathize with it. But at the end of the day, Luers will be just fine and will benefit from seeing different opponents during the regular season. I don't think seeing the same 9 teams year in and year out does any program any good. 

• Like 1