Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC potential matchups

A news dump this morning as we await this storm...

- East Noble and Bishop Luers will play in 2023. One-year deal. 

- Bishop Dwenger's two games in 2023 will be against Brownsburg and Cincinnati Moeller. 

- Homestead will play Carmel and Noblesville. Both long-term deals. 

- Wayne is having trouble finding opponents. 

- Concordia wants to find two relatively winnable games, but Ben Davis and Chesterton want a piece of the Cadets. 

- There is some discussion on a SUPER showcase over two Saturdays between FW and Indy. Perhaps one Sat at LOS and the other Sat at another locale. Five games each day. Logistically a lot to figure out with that, so we will see if that comes to fruition. 

16 minutes ago, Blitz said:

- Concordia wants to find two relatively winnable games, but Ben Davis and Chesterton want a piece of the Cadets. 

Chesterton, maybe. But Ben Davis? Why on earth would Concordia even consider playing the Giants? That is definitely a mismatch if I ever saw one outside of the state championship Cadet team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blitz said:

- Bishop Dwenger's two games in 2023 will be against Brownsburg and Cincinnati Moeller. 

- There is some discussion on a SUPER showcase over two Saturdays between FW and Indy. Perhaps one Sat at LOS and the other Sat at another locale. Five games each day. Logistically a lot to figure out with that, so we will see if that comes to fruition. 

Wayne is a quality opponent. Any 3a, 4a, or lower half 5a should be breaking down their door. 

Big score for Dwenger and Homestead. 

8 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Didn't even think about that... but certainly not something to be overlooked.

I thought of it. Didn't we conclude that Delta was the instigators and that they had issues with other programs as well? Wayne's only crime was that they didn't turn the other cheek.

(my perspective from the outside looking in)

• Disdain 1

2 hours ago, jakone said:

Nothing against East Noble but it's a step down from Homestead, Carroll and  Snider.

Carroll went 5-11 from 2000 to 2014 against East Noble. I think this matchup helps both teams and should be competitive. Would be very interested to see it extended beyond just a 1 year deal.

3 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Carroll went 5-11 from 2000 to 2014 against East Noble. I think this matchup helps both teams and should be competitive. Would be very interested to see it extended beyond just a 1 year deal.

In all fairness, I think the Chargers have come a long way since 2014. I don't think Luers has to play 6a programs and Snider to be successful in the tournament. I actually love the Knights vs Knights matchup. That being said.........Snider, Homestead, and Carroll will all be fighting to include Bishop Luers in their three crossover games. Unfortunately for Luers, only one or two of those teams are realistic. Fortunately for Luers, there are plenty of other options out there. 

11 hours ago, Blitz said:

Two Dwenger games I will miss. #1 reason why i was against this. Oh well!

Edited by Mebuck

10 hours ago, BTF said:

I thought of it. Didn't we conclude that Delta was the instigators and that they had issues with other programs as well? Wayne's only crime was that they didn't turn the other cheek.

Ok.  What/When was Delta an instigator?

Please fill us in.   Hopefully you aren't back to THIS!!!

Edited by Yuccaguy

8 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

8 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Take a chill pill dude. That proves nothing. 

• Disdain 1

19 hours ago, BTF said:

It wasn’t Delta. It was Mississinewa.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HoopsCoach said:

It wasn’t Delta. It was Mississinewa.

11 years ago Wayne had several players ejected after the clip above. I will let the clip below speak for itself. Not sure if this shows everything that happened, but the reaction from the Wayne players is unacceptable. The coaching staff did a great job corralling the kids and getting them back to the sideline.

Again this was 11 years ago, different head coach, different players.

Some familiar faces to some on the officiating crew though that probably remember this better than anyone.

• Kill me now 1

On 2/2/2022 at 10:39 AM, Blitz said:

This does not make much sense. Why do either "want a piece of the Cadets"? There is absolutely no connection or history between Concordia and either of these programs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Irishman said:

This does not make much sense. Why do either "want a piece of the Cadets"? There is absolutely no connection or history between Concordia and either of these programs. 

Maybe Ben Davis didn't react fast enough. I'm surprised they didn't ink a deal with any of the SAC's Big Four. I know Snider reached out the Giants, but East Noble bit first. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Maybe Ben Davis didn't react fast enough. I'm surprised they didn't ink a deal with any of the SAC's Big Four. I know Snider reached out the Giants, but East Noble bit first. 

That makes sense, but what still does not is the comment that Ben Davis and Chesterton want a piece of the Cadets as if there was some sort of axe to grind, or that the Cadets are the type of premier program that has a HUGE target on it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

That makes sense, but what still does not is the comment that Ben Davis and Chesterton want a piece of the Cadets as if there was some sort of axe to grind, or that the Cadets are the type of premier program that has a HUGE target on it. 

I took it as Ben Davis didn't land any of the others, so may Concordia was the next best bet. Unfortunately Concordia isn't the same team that took Chatard to the wire in 2020 and the team that obliterated all their competition on their way to the 3a title in 2016. You're right though, no one can make heads or tails of it. 

Edited by BTF
correction

On 2/2/2022 at 12:44 PM, Purdue Pete said:

The way the season ended probably isn’t helping.

The kids' reactions to that Mississenewa kid's penalty probably aren't helping.  I keep forgetting to watch the IHSAA site to see if there is anything published about who gets to sit out next year.  Hopefully, some team steps up to play Wayne.  

Edited by Robert

On 2/3/2022 at 7:18 PM, Irishman said:

Tune up game? Or a beatable Home Coming game? 

On 2/3/2022 at 8:11 AM, BTF said:

Take a chill pill dude. That proves nothing. 

Proves that in THIS situation YOU have no idea of what you are talking about, when you are demeaning a program for being an instigator.....

On 2/3/2022 at 8:15 AM, BTF said:

And get the hell out of here if you're going to turn this into a "Wayne bashing" session. 

I WAS THERE!!! 

I also reached out to the ENTIRE SPORTS program to re-ingratiate them to the IHSAA!