Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

College Football 2022

Muda69

1 minute ago, BTF said:

I think you're still blaming him for that kids death. But that's just me. 

He won at Grand Valley State, Cincinnati, and Notre Dame. He'll win at LSU like it or not. I'll take the over on your 3.5. You keep the receipt though. 

Urban Meyer won at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State…and was a horrible human being (and still is) at the same time.

2 minutes ago, DE said:

He acted like a clown at all his stops.  The twitter video w the LSU recruit is just another example of it.

Lol, hmmmmm. I thought he looked like an idiot when he quoted another coach by stating "I'm in favor of it," after asked about his teams execution. Any other examples?

Just now, temptation said:

Urban Meyer won at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State…and was a horrible human being (and still is) at the same time.

I'm not saying Kelly isn't a dickhead, I just think he's good at coaching football and winning. 

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, hmmmmm. I thought he looked like an idiot when he quoted another coach by stating "I'm in favor of it," after asked about his teams execution. Any other examples?

I'm not saying Kelly isn't a dickhead, I just think he's good at coaching football and winning. 

“To our defense, he didn't start acting like a clown until he was hired by LSU.”

Dickhead/clown are synonymous to me.

Edited by temptation

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

Fair enough.

You should have seen the way O$U fans spoke about Meyer during his Florida days…

”Wow, what a dirtbag, cheating asshole…”

Then he became THEIR diet at, cheating asshole and won games…and all was forgotten.

(Yes, my history of keeping receipts goes back a long way.)

Edited by temptation

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

2 that come to mind....

1.  he brought a good friend of mine up to GVS for a work out.  Him and another qb.  the other qb got the red carpet treatment for the workout.  so did my friend until it was actually time to workout.  that is when bk left w the other recruit and didn't even stay to watch my friend's workout.

2. when he was at cincy.  there was a TO.  the offense goes to the sideline.  bk is having one of his temper tantrums.  one of his young assistants/GA's put his hand on bk's shoulder to get his attention on something and on LIVE tv, you could read bk's lips, "get your f*cking hand off of me and don't f*cking touch me".

so yeah....do not really give a s*it about such a person as him.

6 minutes ago, DE said:

2 that come to mind....

1.  he brought a good friend of mine up to GVS for a work out.  Him and another qb.  the other qb got the red carpet treatment for the workout.  so did my friend until it was actually time to workout.  that is when bk left w the other recruit and didn't even stay to watch my friend's workout.

2. when he was at cincy.  there was a TO.  the offense goes to the sideline.  bk is having one of his temper tantrums.  one of his young assistants/GA's put his hand on bk's shoulder to get his attention on something and on LIVE tv, you could read bk's lips, "get your f*cking hand off of me and don't f*cking touch me".

It's hard to defend him when it comes to his shortcomings. And those shortcomings were pointed out by more than a handful of fans and media members over the years. I don't think the masses are wrong. I just think he's going to win a lot of football games at LSU. 

I'm guessing your friend didn't give ND a second look after that. I know I wouldn't. 

15 minutes ago, DE said:

2 that come to mind....

Wow.  Some folks are so concerned about words these days but HOW YOU TREAT OTHERS is still paramount and tells me everything I need to know about your character.

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

It's hard to defend him when it comes to his shortcomings. And those shortcomings were pointed out by more than a handful of fans and media members over the years. I don't think the masses are wrong. I just think he's going to win a lot of football games at LSU. 

I'm guessing your friend didn't give ND a second look after that. I know I wouldn't. 

It was not ND.  It was GVS

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

Wow.  Some folks are so concerned about words these days but HOW YOU TREAT OTHERS is still paramount and tells me everything I need to know about your character.

yep

1 minute ago, DE said:

It was not ND.  It was GVS

Gotcha. Regardless though. Doesn't surprise me. For me it was the fact that he won games and Notre Dame and was always courteous to the media. His shortcomings were well hidden most of the time. 

16 hours ago, BTF said:

Gotcha. Regardless though. Doesn't surprise me. For me it was the fact that he won games and Notre Dame and was always courteous to the media. His shortcomings were well hidden most of the time. 

The reason his shortcomings were hidden at ND most of the time has already been explained. At ND they pay more than just lip service to the idea that the University runs the football program … not the other way around. He acted out his first few years and they sat him down and told him that it doesn’t matter how many games he won. If he didn’t represent the University appropriately, he would be gone. So, he shaped up … until he no longer had to answer to the ND administration. He’s got a much longer leash at LSU. But if he doesn’t win, it’ll get a lot shorter pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

The reason his shortcomings were hidden at ND most of the time has already been explained. At ND they pay more than just lip service to the idea that the University runs the football program … not the other way around. He acted out his first few years and they sat him down and told him that it doesn’t matter how many games he won. If he didn’t represent the University appropriately, he would be gone. So, he shaped up … until he no longer had to answer to the ND administration. He’s got a much longer leash at LSU. But if he doesn’t win, it’ll get a lot shorter pretty quickly.

His sideline demeanor never “shaped up.”

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

That I will disagree with. The change was significant. 

His shade of purple may have gotten a couple of shades lighter but that’s about it.  I can point out instances in nearly every game this season where BK was acting like a douchey clown on the sideline.

Take off the glasses man.

49 minutes ago, temptation said:

His shade of purple may have gotten a couple of shades lighter but that’s about it.  I can point out instances in nearly every game this season where BK was acting like a douchey clown on the sideline.

Interesting. I watched every game and didn't see what you saw. Any video clips to back up your claim?

53 minutes ago, BTF said:

Interesting. I watched every game and didn't see what you saw. Any video clips to back up your claim?

I’m sure I could.  Not doing your homework for you though.  Just look at the way he interacts with players and coaches on the sidelines.  It’s not hard to see.

Your green tinted glasses are showing.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

no glasses on here; I have always had a realistic view of Kelly. I know he is an ass, and has acted horribly on the sidelines. My guess is your bias is impacting your perspective more than mine. I stand by my comment. 

9 minutes ago, Irishman said:

no glasses on here; I have always had a realistic view of Kelly. I know he is an ass, and has acted horribly on the sidelines. My guess is your bias is impacting your perspective more than mine. I stand by my comment. 

“Has acted horribly on the sidelines.”

So, when?  Did he just magically become a different person?

You're kinda proving me right here.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I’m sure I could.  Not doing your homework for you though.  Just look at the way he interacts with players and coaches on the sidelines.  It’s not hard to see.

Your green tinted glasses are showing.

You said "I can point out instances." So point them out. I sure as hell don't have time.

I doubt LSU really cares about a few temper tantrums on the sidelines. He wins football games and does well with the media. He might even be the best coach in the country. Look what he did with a bunch of smart kids. With Notre Dames recruiting restrictions, they shouldn't be considered one of the Top 5 teams of the decade. But that's where Brian Kelly led them. I know you hate the guy, but damn. Give him a morsel of credit at least. 

Edited by BTF
Grammer - GID is a rough crew when it comes to that

25 minutes ago, BTF said:

You said "I can point out instances." So point them out. I sure as hell don't have time.

I doubt LSU really cares about a few temper tantrums on the sidelines. He wins football games and does well with the media. He might even be the best coach in the country. Look what he did with a bunch of smart kids. With Notre Dames recruiting restrictions, they shouldn't be considered one of the Top 5 teams of the decade. But that's where Brian Kelly led them. I know you hate the guy, but damn. Give him a morsel of credit at least. 

I’ve given him credit.  He’s a top 10 coach and yes, his sideline antics won’t matter in Baton Rouge…unless he doesn’t win games.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’ve given him credit.  He’s a top 10 coach and yes, his sideline antics won’t matter in Baton Rouge…unless he doesn’t win games.

Agree. 

Just curious. Were you a fan of Bob Knight at all? Kelly doesn't seem to be that much different then Knight in terms of how he goes after his players.