Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

College Football 2022

Muda69

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Agree. 

Just curious. Were you a fan of Bob Knight at all? Kelly doesn't seem to be that much different then Knight in terms of how he goes after his players.

Never really had an opinion on Knight in either direction honestly.  Respected his head coaching ability and record, giggled at some of his antics (which would get him destroyed in this era and rightfully so).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

No expansion for the college football playoffs, going to stay with 4 teams until 2026. I’m ok with this, I’m anxious to see how the next couple of seasons play out and if there are more than 4 teams worthy of being in the playoffs. 

Agreed. Has anyone heard what criteria the committee took to stay w this decision?  The only thing I heard was it was NOT a unanimous choice to expand. 

1 hour ago, DE said:

Agreed. Has anyone heard what criteria the committee took to stay w this decision?  The only thing I heard was it was NOT a unanimous choice to expand. 

The fan in me would love to see 8/12/16 but hard to justify after the semi finals are annual blowouts in most cases.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Honorary Captain for the spring Maize and Blue game at Michigan:

honorary captain.jpg

You knew I wasn’t going to pass up an opportunity to comment on this one, lol.

So many alums out there who would’ve been a better choice (and some are even voicing their opinions saying so).

This being said, Harbaugh has always been a little quirky and not afraid to go against the grain despite what popular opinion says.

This move, along with his recent female addition to the staff, will actually move the meter with recruits and their families and what outsiders think is irrelevant.

Edited by temptation

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

You knew I wasn’t going to pass up an opportunity to comment on this one, lol.

So many alums out there who would’ve been a better choice (and some are even voicing their opinions saying so).

This being said, Harbaugh has always been a little quirky and not afraid to go against the grain despite what popular opinion says.

This move, along with his recent female addition to the staff, will actually move the meter with recruits and their families and what outsiders think is irrelevant.

Sometimes I wonder if Harbaugh doesn’t actually relish his reputation as “quirky,” and do some things just because he can. I think he revels in his “differentness.” Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Sometimes I wonder if Harbaugh doesn’t actually relish his reputation as “quirky,” and do some things just because he can. I think he revels in his “differentness.” Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

100% without a doubt.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Bobref said:

Michigan may have to cut back on the athletic department spending for a while.

https://www.acaseforjustice.com/university-of-michigan-doctor-sex-abuse/

$490 Million Settlement Reached in University of Michigan Dr. Robert Anderson Abuse Case.

I don’t care who you are, that’s a lot of dough.

Am I expected to take the bait on this one?

I mean, we are often told to stay on topic and the only thing "on topic" regarding your post is the fact that football is one of MANY sports at the University of Michigan.  The title of this thread is "college FOOTBALL 2020".

We will see if @gonzoronshows up and sends you his classic "OOB forum" link.

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

I mean, we are often told to stay on topic and the only thing "on topic" regarding your post is the fact that football is one of MANY sports at the University of Michigan.  The title of this thread is "college FOOTBALL 2020".

We will see if @gonzoronshows up and sends you his classic "OOB forum" link.

That’s why I referenced cutting back on scholarships … which I thought was an artful way of staying on topic, if I do say so myself. No doubt @gonzoronwould agree. 😉

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Merely a minor blip on the radar screen for me. But I can see where Michigan fans would latch on to it.

You can?  You can see where a team that is coming off of a playoff appearance and owns the advantage in the all time head to head series against Notre Dame is “latching on” to a performance?

Without Michigan, Notre Dame’s program ceases to exist.  Know your history.

Just simply stating the final score the last time your favorite team played my favorite team…that’s all.

Go blue.

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, temptation said:

You can?  You can see where a team that is coming off of a playoff appearance and owns the advantage in the all time head to head series is “latching on” to a performance?

Just simply stating the final score the last time your favorite team played my favorite team…that’s all.

Go blue.

I’m comfortable with the relative positions of the two programs.

Go Irish 🍀

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

Without Michigan, Notre Dame’s program ceases to exist.  Know your history.

So if Michigan's football team didn't stop in South Bend in 1894 to teach the Notre Dame students the game of football on their way to Chicago, then Notre Dame wouldn't have a football team today?

27 minutes ago, BTF said:

So if Michigan's football team didn't stop in South Bend in 1894 to teach the Notre Dame students the game of football on their way to Chicago, then Notre Dame wouldn't have a football team today?

I’m sure the pope would’ve intervened at some point. Too much money in college football to be had. 😊