Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Who would you kick out of conference?

With schools getting kicked out (CG Carmel) or possibly leaving voluntarily (VL), who would kick out and why and where you would reassign them?

greater south shore

bishop Noll and lake station, they bring nothing and should go independent to play smaller programs. 

northwest crossroads

munster the Carmel of the north in regards to wealth, independent. They are 4a playing with a 2a roster they’d be better served choosing their opponents. 

have the greater south shore take in the Great Lakes conference 

with bni and lake station gone and Hanover leaving this makes sense now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

With schools getting kicked out (CG Carmel) or possibly leaving voluntarily (VL), who would kick out and why and where you would reassign them?

greater south shore

bishop Noll and lake station, they bring nothing and should go independent to play smaller programs. 

northwest crossroads

munster the Carmel of the north in regards to wealth, independent. They are 4a playing with a 2a roster they’d be better served choosing their opponents. 

have the greater south shore take in the Great Lakes conference 

with bni and lake station gone and Hanover leaving this makes sense now

West Side is joining the GSSC in 2023.  This is an up and coming program.  Sharp young coach.  Lots of talented athletes.  I would have preferred to see them stretch and jump to the NCC as West Side is a 4A school   Perhaps in the not too distant future.  I think they will dominate the GSSC quickly and begin looking for better competiton.

2 hours ago, HHF said:

West Side is joining the GSSC in 2023.  This is an up and coming program.  Sharp young coach.  Lots of talented athletes.  I would have preferred to see them stretch and jump to the NCC as West Side is a 4A school   Perhaps in the not too distant future.  I think they will dominate the GSSC quickly and begin looking for better competiton.

I saw your interview it’s crazy they draw from the whole city it’s a pretty big geographic footprint. Hopefully they can get the athletes to bypass those charter schools

2 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

I saw your interview it’s crazy they draw from the whole city it’s a pretty big geographic footprint. Hopefully they can get the athletes to bypass those charter schools

The potential is certainly there.  

3 minutes ago, EasyEJay said:

Cascade looks set to leave the ICC , will be interesting to see who in central Indiana makes the jump to this extremely competitive small school conference 

Heritage Christian or Covenant Christian? I know they're both in the Circle City for all other sports but it'd seem like competing in the ICC would be a huge benefit for them, especially since they play a good amount of those schools already. 

1 hour ago, superjay said:

Sagamore Conference!  A conference is made up of more than football.  But taking only football into account.  I think that Southmont would be better off in the Wabash River Conference and Frankfort in the Hoosier East.  

Agreed.  The Sagamore has now become dominated by it's Indianapolis urban sprawl members located in Boone and Hendricks counties.

East Central, Connersville and Rushville from the EIAC. All for different reasons, but all three of these teams would likely be better served in different conferences. East Central may benefit from being independent, better competition available to them, and ability to keep existing rivalries (Lburg, SD, Harrison OH)

• Disdain 1

2 hours ago, EasyEJay said:

Cascade looks set to leave the ICC , will be interesting to see who in central Indiana makes the jump to this extremely competitive small school conference 

Indian Creek? I feel this is a good fit and would be less travel for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoodKn19ht said:

East Central, Connersville and Rushville from the EIAC. All for different reasons, but all three of these teams would likely be better served in different conferences. East Central may benefit from being independent, better competition available to them, and ability to keep existing rivalries (Lburg, SD, Harrison OH)

Rushville and Connersville don't fit and never have. Was a dumb decision to bring them in. East Central would benefit from being independent but I don't ever see that happening. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

I would NOT kick out Carmel and CG. And I WOULD vote in Carmel and CG

I think I am in agreement. As for football, if a 9-game conference schedule doesn't get you ready for the tournament, nothing will.  Most other sports would be super competitive (taking out perennial swimming and tennis for Carmel). I'm not sure what sport CG excels in besides football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Agreed.  The Sagamore has now become dominated by it's Indianapolis urban sprawl members located in Boone and Hendricks counties.

You need to get in your Prius with Bernie stickers and drive through the Webos area and find the sprawl. I swear to God you do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sit and spin 1

The entire east of the Hoosier Conference and reestablish the old Mid Indiana Conference with Cass, Heights, Northwestern, Western, Tipton, and then maybe a Frankfort and Sheridan to the mix. That would still give for two good quality non conference games like Western Kokomo. While keeping some of the old rivalries from  that area. Wont ever happen but I do miss the old MIC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

You need to get in your Prius with Bernie stickers and drive through the Webos area and find the sprawl. I swear to God you do

I drive through western Boone county and the Dover area quite frequently (in my sticker free 2005 Dodge Caravan, btw) The sprawl is coming.  Every day Lebanon becomes more and more just a bedroom community for the Indy metro urban sprawl.

How is your Outback with the "wag more, bark less", "life is good", and "Feel the Bern" stickers doing?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan said:

The entire east of the Hoosier Conference and reestablish the old Mid Indiana Conference with Cass, Heights, Northwestern, Western, Tipton, and then maybe a Frankfort and Sheridan to the mix. That would still give for two good quality non conference games like Western Kokomo. While keeping some of the old rivalries from  that area. Wont ever happen but I do miss the old MIC. 

As do I.

3 hours ago, Old Man High Pants said:

Rushville and Connersville don't fit and never have. Was a dumb decision to bring them in. East Central would benefit from being independent but I don't ever see that happening. 

Would you want Jennings County and Madison in place of Rushville and Connersville? I believe both Madison and the former North Vernon High School were once part of the conference. JC and Madison both seem to be a better fit for the EIAC these days than they do (or, in Madison’s case, did) the HHC.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I drive through western Boone county and the Dover area quite frequently (in my sticker free 2005 Dodge Caravan, btw) The sprawl is coming.  Every day Lebanon becomes more and more just a bedroom community for the Indy metro urban sprawl.

How is your Outback with the "wag more, bark less", "life is good", and "Feel the Bern" stickers doing?

You don’t like dogs either? That explains everything! 
Life is good stickers go on Jeeps, state law. I haven’t felt a good bern since my last time with Angel Skinners. And Outbacks are great cars made with Hoosiers pride but I don’t have one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

They are getting ready to build a massive airstrip and sort facility west of Lebanon.  Don’t expect too much growth between WeBo and Lebanon.  No one wants to live near that.

3 hours ago, Obi-Wan said:

Tipton was never in the MIC. I think the teams in the Hoosier East are a good fit in the Hoosier. Sheridan and Frankfort would be a step backward for the other teams listed. 

4 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Tipton was never in the MIC. I think the teams in the Hoosier East are a good fit in the Hoosier. Sheridan and Frankfort would be a step backward for the other teams listed. 

I know that Tipton was never in the MIC, but I was saying is use the Hoosier East as the new establishing members. Sheridan and Frankfort could be better then Taylor is and what Eastern used to be. Just ideas, if you could restart the Mid-Indiana who would you add in the the Hoosier East?