Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Who would you kick out of conference?

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Eastbrook and Mississenewa. They need to get out of the CIC

That does make more sense. Plus that brings Eastbrook back to the MIC. That would round out for a pretty good conference if teams like Cass and NW can get back to being competitive. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Eastbrook and Mississenewa. They need to get out of the CIC

Maybe instead of kicking all the good schools out who invest in their programs and hire good coaches and have good facilities instead of coddling the bottom feeders who put little to no effort into football and just pass the time until basketball season, we might see a more competitive environment.  

3 minutes ago, HHF said:

Maybe instead of kicking all the good schools out who invest in their programs and hire good coaches and have good facilities instead of coddling the bottom feeders who put little to no effort into football and just pass the time until basketball season, we might see a more competitive environment.  

Pay attention. They would be voluntarily leaving to join a conference whose programs DO invest.

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Pay attention. They would be voluntarily leaving to join a conference whose programs DO invest.

Yeah, I see this kind of crap all the time.  Push cg and ca out of the mic  get ec out of the eiac.  Push ole miss and eb out of he cic.  Lets kik osu out of the b10.  Al out of the sec.  while we are at it, lets kick gb out of the nfcn to make way for the bears

8 minutes ago, HHF said:

Yeah, I see this kind of crap all the time.  Push cg and ca out of the mic  get ec out of the eiac.  Push ole miss and eb out of he cic.  Lets kik osu out of the b10.  Al out of the sec.  while we are at it, lets kick gb out of the nfcn to make way for the bears

Most of the CIC should just contract from football. Problem solved.

14 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Would you want Jennings County and Madison in place of Rushville and Connersville? I believe both Madison and the former North Vernon High School were once part of the conference. JC and Madison both seem to be a better fit for the EIAC these days than they do (or, in Madison’s case, did) the HHC.

I would not. It's my opinion that before the addition of Rushville and Connersville the EIAC was a very solid football conference. There were teams that were able to compete with and beat East Central and it gave teams four out of conference games which made seasons a little less "here we go again". 

If Rushville and Connersville were to leave the addition of Madison and Jennings County would just be trading two long drives north to know you're going to mercy rule a team to two long drives south to know you're going to mercy rule a team. I'd like to see the EIAC go back to six teams for the time being.

2 hours ago, Old Man High Pants said:

I would not. It's my opinion that before the addition of Rushville and Connersville the EIAC was a very solid football conference. There were teams that were able to compete with and beat East Central and it gave teams four out of conference games which made seasons a little less "here we go again". 

If Rushville and Connersville were to leave the addition of Madison and Jennings County would just be trading two long drives north to know you're going to mercy rule a team to two long drives south to know you're going to mercy rule a team. I'd like to see the EIAC go back to six teams for the time being.

Maybe I’m incorrect but the last few years it seems Lawrenceburg has also distanced themselves from the rest of the conference, sans East Central. The Trojans have some distance between themselves and Lawrenceburg and then the Tigers have some distance between themselves and the other six teams in the conference. Therefore, if East Central were to leave as you suggested, wouldn’t it just be Lawrenceburg’s conference to win every year?

10 hours ago, HHF said:

Are others considering bolting the MIC?

Perhaps the Larrys?

Nah, not to my knowledge.  I just have to LOL at the way this story is being framed by @BDGiant93 and local media sources which is honestly a deflection from the truth.

The MIC schools got hurt feelings and were getting their brains beat out in nearly every sport and garnered support by playing the victim card.  In the environment which we live in 2022, its a way of life for so many...and it works more often than not.

In what can only be described as karma, CG and Carmel dominated this last weekend's MIC wrestling meet on their way out the door.

Until the conference expands to 8 teams again, every conference title won by current MIC schools will have an asterisk next to it in the Temp's book.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 3
  • Disdain 1

17 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Would you want Jennings County and Madison in place of Rushville and Connersville? I believe both Madison and the former North Vernon High School were once part of the conference. JC and Madison both seem to be a better fit for the EIAC these days than they do (or, in Madison’s case, did) the HHC.

Didn't JC try a few years back? Either they were denied or decided not to go forward. Or was it Madison was denied because JC didn't want to make the move and the EIAC wanted balanced divisions? That seems familiar. At least geographically speaking, I think it makes sense. JC would be the second largest school in the conference, I believe. I think Madison is enjoying their independence and freedom to schedule as they want. However, their week 1 opponent this year is the 5a defending state champ in Kentucky that would probably have beaten East last year, so there is a little irony in their new schedule. 

Edited by boilerfan87

17 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

You don’t like dogs either? That explains everything! 
Life is good stickers go on Jeeps, state law. I haven’t felt a good bern since my last time with Angel Skinners. And Outbacks are great cars made with Hoosiers pride but I don’t have one. 

Never said I didn't like dogs.  

https://letterpile.com/humor/best-bumper-stickers-for-your-subaru

16 hours ago, superjay said:

They are getting ready to build a massive airstrip and sort facility west of Lebanon.  Don’t expect too much growth between WeBo and Lebanon.  No one wants to live near that.

Not residential growth.  But warehouse and light industrial growth is almost a certainty.  It is still urban sprawl.

Edited by Muda69
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Obi-Wan said:

That does make more sense. Plus that brings Eastbrook back to the MIC. That would round out for a pretty good conference if teams like Cass and NW can get back to being competitive. 

Frankfort to Eastbrook would be quite the haul. 70+ miles.

16 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Tipton was never in the MIC. I think the teams in the Hoosier East are a good fit in the Hoosier. Sheridan and Frankfort would be a step backward for the other teams listed. 

I agree that the HC-East fits with the HC better than removing them and adding Sheridan and Frankfort with them in a new league. 

I know the theme is kicking folks out, but as an alternative, I'd like to see Pioneer and WeBo added to the HC.  For WeBo, they already play Western and they could still keep Tri-West and Lebanon or Danville on the schedule and increase the season competition.  For Pioneer, they could still keep Scecina and Winamac or LaVille.

• Like 1

I guess we now need separate conferences for those schools/communities who choose to "invest" enough in extracurricular athletics and those schools/communities who choose not to "invest".

4 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I agree that the HC-East fits with the HC better than removing them and adding Sheridan and Frankfort with them in a new league. 

I know the theme is kicking folks out, but as an alternative, I'd like to see Pioneer and WeBo added to the HC.  For WeBo, they already play Western and they could still keep Tri-West and Lebanon or Danville on the schedule and increase the season competition.  For Pioneer, they could still keep Scecina and Winamac or LaVille.

Why Western Boone and not Frankfort? From a geographical standpoint the Hot Dogs make better sense.

Oh, it's that "invest" in sports thing.

20 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Was not talking to you, Chief.

Yet here you are.

10 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I'd like to see Pioneer and WeBo added to the HC.

Agree. Much better viewing in those gyms for basketball than the round barn.

• Disdain 1
  • Kill me now 1

10 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Yet here you are.

I love you too.  <smooch>

10 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Agree. Much better viewing in those gyms for basketball than the round barn.

Disagree. Those gyms are dumps compared to Case Arena.  

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Nah, not to my knowledge.  I just have to LOL at the way this story is being framed by @BDGiant93 and local media sources which is honestly a deflection from the truth.

The MIC schools got hurt feelings and were getting their brains beat out in nearly every sport and garnered support by playing the victim card.  In the environment which we live in 2022, its a way of life for so many...and it works more often than not.

In what can only be described as karma, CG and Carmel dominated this last weekend's MIC wrestling meet on their way out the door.

Until the conference expands to 8 teams again, every conference title won by current MIC schools will have an asterisk next to it in the Temp's book.

People seem to forget the real reason Carmel and CG decided to look at HCC. I agree with you.

Also, I find it funny that there are still a handful of the remaining MIC schools who have reached out to Carmel and CG about keeping them on the schedule. Kind of funny to me...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Maybe I’m incorrect but the last few years it seems Lawrenceburg has also distanced themselves from the rest of the conference, sans East Central. The Trojans have some distance between themselves and Lawrenceburg and then the Tigers have some distance between themselves and the other six teams in the conference. Therefore, if East Central were to leave as you suggested, wouldn’t it just be Lawrenceburg’s conference to win every year?

That's possible. Lawrenceburg has distanced themselves as of the last few years but they also had an extremely talented group that came through and will be graduating. Not to say they still won't be successful but it will be interesting to see how they do this coming season. I wouldn't expect them to have a losing season, but definitely some closer games. 

While I think East Central would be better suited as an independent I don't think they ever will be. I've always gotten the feeling that East Central likes their position and won't do too much to compromise that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Didn't JC try a few years back? Either they were denied or decided not to go forward. Or was it Madison was denied because JC didn't want to make the move and the EIAC wanted balanced divisions? That seems familiar. At least geographically speaking, I think it makes sense. JC would be the second largest school in the conference, I believe. I think Madison is enjoying their independence and freedom to schedule as they want. However, their week 1 opponent this year is the 5a defending state champ in Kentucky that would probably have beaten East last year, so there is a little irony in their new schedule. 

Unfortunately, I don’t quite remember if the two tried to get in the EIAC. However, I do know they both were heavily considering it.

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

People seem to forget the real reason Carmel and CG decided to look at HCC. I agree with you.

Also, I find it funny that there are still a handful of the remaining MIC schools who have reached out to Carmel and CG about keeping them on the schedule. Kind of funny to me...

Couldn't agree more.  Hypocrisy at its finest.

4 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Both were talked about a few years back, not sure how serious those talks were. Lately Madison has come into the discussion among the ADs again. And Milan! Which to me would be even dumber than bringing in Connersville and Rushville.