Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2022

Muda69

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Reich got his choice instead, and we see how that turned out. 

Over 3,500 yards passing.  27 TDs/7 ints. on a run first team offense.  Yeah, he was the problem.

Man you all are clueless.

AND he stood up for his personal beliefs.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DE said:

Over 3,500 yards passing.  27 TDs/7 ints. on a run first team offense.  Yeah, he was the problem.

Man you all are clueless.

AND he stood up for his personal beliefs.  

He didn't get the job done when it needed to be done.

I'm far from clueless.

Personal beliefs don't win football games. Execution does.

• Disdain 1

10 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

He didn't get the job done when it needed to be done.

I'm far from clueless.

Personal beliefs don't win football games. Execution does.

Your post literally proves my point how clueless some of you are.  I provided his stats that proved he executed.  It is a team game.  He doesn't tackle, punt, kick, play special teams, etc.

Most important, he is a steadfast Christian. 

Super Bowl Champion too.

But please, keep going....

40 minutes ago, DE said:

Your post literally proves my point how clueless some of you are.  I provided his stats that proved he executed.  It is a team game.  He doesn't tackle, punt, kick, play special teams, etc.

Super Bowl Champion too.

LOL, QB stats don't win football games either. Nor does religion, but feel free to start a thread in the OOB if you'd like to discuss Christianity.😜

Sticking to football-I've never seen a game where one's religious beliefs made a difference in the final score. 

Wentz had some skills, and some very nice stats, no arguing that. He fell flat in the biggest moments. No arguing that, either. But in the final analysis, I believe the issue is Wentz lacks the leadership qualities a QB needs. A QB has to lead. Doesn’t have to be a cheerleader. Doesn’t need to be vocal. But the people in the locker room have to have confidence in you, and they didn’t. Regardless of won/loss record, that’s why they’re cutting bait after 1 season.

45 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Wentz had some skills, and some very nice stats, no arguing that. He fell flat in the biggest moments. No arguing that, either. But in the final analysis, I believe the issue is Wentz lacks the leadership qualities a QB needs. A QB has to lead. Doesn’t have to be a cheerleader. Doesn’t need to be vocal. But the people in the locker room have to have confidence in you, and they didn’t. Regardless of won/loss record, that’s why they’re cutting bait after 1 season.

How would you know the people in the locker room didn't?  Were you in there?  53 sure seemed to believe in him.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

LOL, QB stats don't win football games either. Nor does religion, but feel free to start a thread in the OOB if you'd like to discuss Christianity.😜

Sticking to football-I've never seen a game where one's religious beliefs made a difference in the final score. 

I am good right here.  You are clueless.  QB stats don't win games?  Moronic.  Just moronic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DE said:

How would you know the people in the locker room didn't?  Were you in there?  53 sure seemed to believe in him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/washington-commanders-carson-wentz-philadelphia-eagles-indianapolis-colts-trade-leadership-issues-past#gid=ci029bcdcb60002795&pid=mitchell-trubisky

“Concerns about Wentz go beyond the playing field. In fact, most don't deny the amount of actual talent the quarterback has. His weakness comes in the form of mental strength, and in his leadership...or lack thereof.”

3 hours ago, DE said:

QB stats don't win games?

I thought teams won games? You've got more flip-flops than the Orlando airport gift shop. It all makes sense now. Coaches who can't decide how games are won can never cut it on the sideline. 

• Disdain 1

5 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I thought teams won games? You've got more flip-flops than the Orlando airport gift shop. It all makes sense now. Coaches who can't decide how games are won can never cut it on the sideline. 

And his stats are part of the TEAM. Man are you ignorant. Now I know why you never helped besides clean up. 

Love to know how much you have given back to student athletes in coaching, teaching, volunteering, etc. 

Your proudest day was when you got the big key ring. 

Maybe they should try Jordan Love. You say he’s ready. 

8 hours ago, Bobref said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/washington-commanders-carson-wentz-philadelphia-eagles-indianapolis-colts-trade-leadership-issues-past#gid=ci029bcdcb60002795&pid=mitchell-trubisky

“Concerns about Wentz go beyond the playing field. In fact, most don't deny the amount of actual talent the quarterback has. His weakness comes in the form of mental strength, and in his leadership...or lack thereof.”

Sounds like just about every other qb in the nfl. Nothing ground breaking. 

12 hours ago, DE said:

Super Bowl Champion too.

Here are some stats for you. According to Pro Football Reference, Wentz had ZERO game winning drives or 4th quarter comebacks last season. He was also ranked 26th out of 31 QBs in on target percentage, and 25th in bad throw percentage. 18.8% of his passes were bad throws. Zach Wilson was the worst in the league at 23.8%, while Joe Burrow was the best at 10.7%.

I'm really not sure what religion has to do with being either a good football player or a good QB. It must be important to you though.

I was in the camp that Wentz was playing well, due to his TD/INT ratio, but after digging deeper I realized that the ratio doesn't tell the entire story.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I totally agree....how does one attract an existing solid QB without a starting LT, lack of a speedy #1 receiver, and now no experienced TE?  Not to mention what do the Colts offer?  They have been hammered giving up draft picks...nothing this year in the 1st round and is giving up more future 1st round picks the answer?  What can they offer to get a Jimmy G or D. Carr?  Very little unless they offer up their current few studs.

Andrew Luck retiring has left a huge hole that will continue to haunt the Colts for years to come.....

Mo Alie-Cox is experienced at TE with seven starts last season, plus he's still youngish and improving.

1 hour ago, DE said:

Sounds like just about every other qb in the nfl.

You mean, “sounds like just about every other QB in the nfl, who is on a team that sucks.” I bet if you think about it, you’ll come up with the correlation.

9 hours ago, Bobref said:

Well...if the media says so.......take it to the bank!!!

Maybe Darius Leonard was an outlier....wait a minute...he wasn't the only one tweeting.

Reports I've read is that Irsay was not a Wentz fan.  And I am guessing that is what mattered most.  My guess is because he didn't conform to the boss's wishes and didn't put up the stats like Leonard and Q.  Are those reports accurate?  Who knows...as plausible as your link.  We do know Irsay missed a meeting with Wentz prior to the deal.

Edited by Bash Riprock

4 minutes ago, AG said:

Mo Alie-Cox is experienced at TE with seven starts last season, plus he's still youngish and improving.

Do you think the former college basketball player turned TE would be a starter for most NFL teams?

Not saying he isn't experienced or doesn't have talent....but is he seen as a true #1 across the league?

17 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Are sure that it wasn't Mr. Leonard's public relation manager who posted this?

I have no idea who does Leonard's tweets.  Wouldn't one assume that if he outsources his tweeting, that he would have someone tweet in alignment with his personal feelings?

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

You mean, “sounds like just about every other QB in the nfl, who is on a team that sucks.” I bet if you think about it, you’ll come up with the correlation.

The Seahawks went 7-10 and then traded Mr. Wilson.  Has anybody here ever heard or read about the lack of his leadership capabilities?

8 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Well...if the media says so.......take it to the bank!!!

Maybe Darius Leonard was an outlier....wait a minute...he wasn't the only one tweeting.

Reports I've read is that Irsay was not a Wentz fan.  And I am guessing that is what mattered most.  My guess is because he didn't conform to the boss's wishes and didn't put up the stats like Leonard and Q.  Are those reports accurate?  Who knows...as plausible as your link.  We do know Irsay missed a meeting with Wentz prior to the deal.

And he didn't get vaccinated, which made him public enemy number one with the media.  Like Mr. Doyel at the Indy Star.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

And he didn't get vaccinated, which made him public enemy number one with the media.  Like Mr. Doyel at the Indy Star.

Yes...while Darius Leonard, Quentin Nelson and other Colts seemed to get a pretty free pass.  They received nothing close to the wrath Wentz received.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Do you think the former college basketball player turned TE would be a starter for most NFL teams?

Not saying he isn't experienced or doesn't have talent....but is he seen as a true #1 across the league?

If he keeps improving, yes. PFF has him as the 26th ranked TE out of 70. His ceiling is probably 500-600 yards receiving, but I do remember the Colts staff raving about his blocking several years ago. He's not going to make any QBs salivate, but he's also not a liability either.

51 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

We will see if the Colts even re-sign him though.

22 minutes ago, AG said:

If he keeps improving, yes. PFF has him as the 26th ranked TE out of 70. His ceiling is probably 500-600 yards receiving, but I do remember the Colts staff raving about his blocking several years ago. He's not going to make any QBs salivate, but he's also not a liability either.

I think we are on the same page.....and your last sentence aligns with my original thought.  When trying to attract a FA QB, MAC will not excite a QB.  Perhaps the same for Doyle, but he was considered a long-term solid performer at this position.  Today, Colts have Cox and the 1 year player out of SMU.  (forgetting his name)  

I believe the lack of a proven LT and no established speedy #1 receiver would be the biggest concerns for a big name QB, assuming the Colts had something to offer their teams.

Edited by Bash Riprock

2 hours ago, DE said:

Your proudest day was when you got the big key ring. 

Ha, I've succeeded at every occupation//job I attempted. It must be emotionally devastating to fail. Perhaps those who care can send thoughts and prayers your way.

2 hours ago, DE said:

Maybe they should try Jordan Love. You say he’s ready.

I don't believe he's available. He's costing the Packers very little as the lowest paid backup in the NFL. Love or Garopollo are the 2 youngsters I think the Colts should look to obtain. If that fails, I agree with @Muda69 on Fitzpatrick as a short term solution.

1 hour ago, AG said:

This is one position the Colts have historically come out smelling like a rose on. Some very good tight ends.

Edited by gonzoron

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

If that fails, I agree with @Muda69 on Fitzgerald as a short term solution.

Mr. Irsay and Mr. Ballard have to at least first attempt to lure the GOAT our of retirement.   Going with Mr. Fitzgerald is a bottom of the barrel decision IMHO.

8 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Mr. Irsay and Mr. Ballard have to at least first attempt to lure the GOAT our of retirement.   Going with Mr. Fitzgerald is a bottom of the barrel decision IMHO.

Fitzpatrick is who I meant. I made a typo in my original post. Apologies.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1