Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2022

Muda69

14 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

This is one position the Colts have historically come out smelling like a rose on. Some very good tight ends.

No disagreement.....

Just a lot to ask a top QB to "trust us" to find another one.  

Not saying its a show-stopper...but when you combine the current state of this position, with no starting LT and the lack of a #1 speed receiver, it does not make the Colts look attractive.

42 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I think we are on the same page.....and your last sentence aligns with my original thought.  When trying to attract a FA QB, MAC will not excite a QB.  Perhaps the same for Doyle, but he was considered a long-term solid performer at this position.  Today, Colts have Cox and the 1 year player out of SMU.  (forgetting his name)  

I believe the lack of a proven LT and no established speedy #1 receiver would be the biggest concerns for a big name QB, assuming the Colts had something to offer their teams.

Granson is the other TE. The Colts still have time to find those starters in free agency and the draft, although I doubt that Ballard will sign a top FA, to a multi year deal, at either of those positions given his track record.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AG said:

Here are some stats for you. According to Pro Football Reference, Wentz had ZERO game winning drives or 4th quarter comebacks last season. He was also ranked 26th out of 31 QBs in on target percentage, and 25th in bad throw percentage. 18.8% of his passes were bad throws. Zach Wilson was the worst in the league at 23.8%, while Joe Burrow was the best at 10.7%.

I'm really not sure what religion has to do with being either a good football player or a good QB. It must be important to you though.

I was in the camp that Wentz was playing well, due to his TD/INT ratio, but after digging deeper I realized that the ratio doesn't tell the entire story.

Thank you for more information and yes, religion is VERY important to me.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

You mean, “sounds like just about every other QB in the nfl, who is on a team that sucks.” I bet if you think about it, you’ll come up with the correlation.

Did I say that?  No.  You did.

If I meant to say it, I would have said it.

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

The Seahawks went 7-10 and then traded Mr. Wilson.  Has anybody here ever heard or read about the lack of his leadership capabilities?

Wilson drove that trade. I doubt Wentz was the driver in the Colts’ trade.

9 hours ago, Bobref said:

Wilson drove that trade. I doubt Wentz was the driver in the Colts’ trade.

It wasn't all rainbows and butterflies.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/carson-wentz-personality-issues-led-colts-commanders-trade-report?cid=sm_npd_rsn_phi_fb_mn&fbclid=IwAR27DX26aKKpDyzcCl__V9eO8G7jHwRkZ9VfeTdBDDimZRtbVpXIoeuQn8A

This cropped up in my Facebook memories from 7 years ago. History, in fact, does repeat itself. See Carson Wentz.

One of the comments on the Colts page regarding the waiving of Trent Richardson: " Gonna take a long time for him to get out of town 2 yards at a time. "

1 hour ago, DE said:

Weird.  Then why wasn't he?

A multitude of nagging injuries. He had a hamstring issue in 2015. He fractured his fibula in 2016. 

Here's a list of injuries that I found from his 2018 season:

He dealt with an ulnar nerve issue, which gave him a tingly throwing hand. He suffered a neck stinger against the Colts in Week 11 and re-injured it in Week 16 against the Redskins. That second instance was why he couldn’t play in Week 17. He sustained a cracked vertebra. His plantar fascia had a significant tear during the season, which escalated into a full tear in Week 16. He had a strained oblique. He suffered a broken rib. And finally, he dealt with a sprained AC shoulder joint. That's seven injuries that he played with in one season.

In 2020 he suffered a pectoral injury that kept him out for five games. In 2021 he missed a month with a quad injury.

He's as tough as they come, but hopefully the Colts won't offer him anything more than a one year "prove-it" deal and draft a rookie or sign another proven backup. I personally wouldn't sign him because he's far too injury prone, and I consider myself to be a fan of his.

2 minutes ago, AG said:

A multitude of nagging injuries. He had a hamstring issue in 2015. He fractured his fibula in 2016. 

Here's a list of injuries that I found from his 2018 season:

He dealt with an ulnar nerve issue, which gave him a tingly throwing hand. He suffered a neck stinger against the Colts in Week 11 and re-injured it in Week 16 against the Redskins. That second instance was why he couldn’t play in Week 17. He sustained a cracked vertebra. His plantar fascia had a significant tear during the season, which escalated into a full tear in Week 16. He had a strained oblique. He suffered a broken rib. And finally, he dealt with a sprained AC shoulder joint. That's seven injuries that he played with in one season.

In 2020 he suffered a pectoral injury that kept him out for five games. In 2021 he missed a month with a quad injury.

He's as tough as they come, but hopefully the Colts won't offer him anything more than a one year "prove-it" deal and draft a rookie or sign another proven backup. I personally wouldn't sign him because he's far too injury prone, and I consider myself to be a fan of his.

Injury prone w/o stats to support he is a worthy nfl starter.  Next.

2 minutes ago, DE said:

Injury prone w/o stats to support he is a worthy nfl starter.  Next.

If he can ever resume his NFL sophomore form, in which he passed for 26 TDs, 9 INTs, 3426 yards, a 61% completion rate, and rushed for 349 yards and two TDs, he will be a great signing. That's IF he can stay healthy, and I don't see that happening. He is a very good talent, but could never stay healthy.

28 minutes ago, AG said:

If he can ever resume his NFL sophomore form, in which he passed for 26 TDs, 9 INTs, 3426 yards, a 61% completion rate, and rushed for 349 yards and two TDs, he will be a great signing. That's IF he can stay healthy, and I don't see that happening. He is a very good talent, but could never stay healthy.

Do not disagree.

The best ability, is availability.

4 minutes ago, DE said:

Do not disagree.

The best ability, is availability.

I would say "put me in coach!" but unfortunately I'm still nursing a pretty bad ankle injury that I suffered back in November.

11 hours ago, DE said:

All you pony fans have to be sad that my man Mitch trubisky is off the market. 

Eh, I wish him the best of luck. I don't like to see any well-behaving player bust, but it happens unfortunately. Hopefully he can play well with his new team. 

I expected Indy not to make much noise yet, but at least they signed Alie-Cox. 

Now Indy is linked to Baker Mayfield, if the rumors are, in fact, true. I am not a fan of this possibility. Mayfield just had probably his worst season, just as Wentz did when the Colts traded for him. Indy will have to give up more draft picks, and Mayfield is still recovering from a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder. The Colts are truly desperate if they do trade for him.

53 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I think a smarter move would be to go after Jimmy G instead of Mayfield. A torn labrum is difficult to recover from. Once torn, it is more susceptible to tear again. 

Agreed. Some will argue that Brees suffered the same injury in San Diego, but I'm not gonna bet on lightning striking twice.

• Like 1

Just now, Irishman said:

Not according to the Browns....in fact they met with Watson in Houston yesterday. 

No $hit, really? The browns are an nfl franchise that has zero qualms about employing people w/ terrible character.  If they bring in the alleged rapist watson, the race baiting guy that hit a qb w a helmet, and the guy that female abusing rb, that will be at least 3 of the 53 man roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE said:

No $hit, really? The browns are an nfl franchise that has zero qualms about employing people w/ terrible character.  If they bring in the alleged rapist watson, the race baiting guy that hit a qb w a helmet, and the guy that female abusing rb, that will be at least 3 of the 53 man roster.

Yesterday Mr. Mayfield sent out a tweet "thanking all the Cleveland fans".  Does that sound like a QB who is comfortable with his future with the franchise?