Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2022

Muda69

3 minutes ago, DE said:

They don’t have any history you d** ****. Now if you want to talk about the Washington Redskins and their management history, you’d have a point. Thought such an intelligent guy such as yourself would know that, but I guess not. 🤷 

Thought you had me on ignore? I hear some people think it's ok to report lies being told.

On 3/12/2022 at 10:52 PM, DE said:

Already have him on ignore.

I like the Matt Ryan trade. He will actually play behind a good offensive line in Indy and I think that he has at least 2 more years left in the tank. If he doesn't, the Colts can release him next season and face zero dead cap money. His TD-INT ratio wasn't fantastic, but his completion percentage was 5% higher than Wentz. He also had 3 4th quarter comebacks and 4 game winning drives, while Wentz had zero of either. Ryan also threw 4 percent less bad passes and his on target percentage was 5% higher. 

Ryan is much better than every single free agent QB and it only cost the Colts a third rounder.

Wentz is damaged goods and doesn't possess the clutch gene. He also didn't seem to be as committed as he should have been and also had possible attitude issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AG said:

I like the Matt Ryan trade. He will actually play behind a good offensive line in Indy and I think that he has at least 2 more years left in the tank. If he doesn't, the Colts can release him next season and face zero dead cap money. His TD-INT ratio wasn't fantastic, but his completion percentage was 5% higher than Wentz. He also had 3 4th quarter comebacks and 4 game winning drives, while Wentz had zero of either. Ryan also threw 4 percent less bad passes and his on target percentage was 5% higher. 

Ryan is much better than every single free agent QB and it only cost the Colts a third rounder.

Wentz is damaged goods and doesn't possess the clutch gene. He also didn't seem to be as committed as he should have been and also had possible attitude issues.

Some good insight.....Ryan is probably one of the best options out there...for short term.  He's definitely on the tail end of his career and hopefully he can rebound from declining stats last year.  But he is a short-term solution...Rivers Part II

I do hope the O line improves this year...wasn't great down the stretch and now they must replace both the LT and RG positions.  I'm a little more skeptical than you about their recent performance.

Its time to move on from Wentz.  I understand Zak Keefer wrote a negative article on his leadership and coachability in the Atlantic, but again provides no sources.  I tend to take the work of players like Leonard, Pittman, Taylor, etc. over a member of the media....a biased media from day 1.  Reich had positive words to say just yesterday, and I don't see him be blantantly dishonest.  As the quote from the Forgetting Sarah Marshall, "its like the Sopranos....its over."

https://clutchpoints.com/commanders-news-colts-coachs-surprising-comments-about-carson-wentz-per-ron-rivera/

Now, let hope the Colts can fill other needed position gaps.....LT, WR, TE, etc.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

We'll see if this prediction comes true. I wouldn't count on it.

You Wentz Groupies should grow some thicker skin.

Groupie?  I am stating facts Ron.

It was February 4, 2018, when the Philadelphia Eagles won their first-ever NFL Super Bowl Championship. For the team, the city, and the fans, the world changed as the Philadelphia Eagles will forever be Super Bowl LII Champions.  Won 41-33 over the Patriots.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

We'll see if this prediction comes true. I wouldn't count on it.

You Wentz Groupies should grow some thicker skin.

?

Man are you not smart.

59 minutes ago, DE said:

Groupie?  I am stating facts Ron.

It was February 4, 2018, when the Philadelphia Eagles won their first-ever NFL Super Bowl Championship. For the team, the city, and the fans, the world changed as the Philadelphia Eagles will forever be Super Bowl LII Champions.  Won 41-33 over the Patriots.

?

Man are you not smart.

This has absolutely ZERO to do with the 2022 Colts. Try to stay on topic d**s***.

IMO, Ryan will be a large upgrade to the Colts QB position.  Hopefully he's got a couple or three good years left in him.

The Colts need a total upgrade at wide receiver.  Maybe they have an eye on someone in the draft.  And hopefully Campbell can get on the field for a full season and show that he's capable.

4 hours ago, AG said:

How likely is Ballard to trade for a WR now that the FA market is looking pretty thin? 

I'm not against him signing MVS from the Packers and drafting David Bell.

Historically, Ballard has never spent the money available to him to make major moves. Not sure if this is directed by Irsay or not. After Jim took over, the cheapskate spending practiced by Bob Irsay ended for awhile, and boom, we went to the Super Bowl. Let's get back there.

The Colts have spent less during the off season than any other team in the AFC South recently. It's time to turn that around also if we expect to be a contender.

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Historically, Ballard has never spent the money available to him to make major moves. Not sure if this is directed by Irsay or not. After Jim took over, the cheapskate spending practiced by Bob Irsay ended for awhile, and boom, we went to the Super Bowl. Let's get back there.

The Colts have spent less during the off season than any other team in the AFC South recently. It's time to turn that around also if we expect to be a contender.

I think it was after Jim "fired" himself as GM that things got on track. He was quoted saying that. He was known to make some really bad decisions over the years. Poulian stepped in, and they get Manning; and the rest was history. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gonzoron said:

they really need a LT, WR and a TE.  Hope he does something.

I would really love to see Paris Campbell break out and stay healthy.  He has the speed and skill....just has to figure out a way to stay on the field.  If he could stay healthy, he could have major impact with Matty Ice.

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

they really need a LT, WR and a TE.  Hope he does something.

I would really love to see Paris Campbell break out and stay healthy.  He has the speed and skill....just has to figure out a way to stay on the field.  If he could stay healthy, he could have major impact with Matty Ice.

Fantastic talent, much like Percy Harvin was coming out of UF.

Appears their pro careers are aligning too. 

On 3/24/2022 at 11:30 AM, AG said:

How likely is Ballard to trade for a WR now that the FA market is looking pretty thin? 

Odell Beckham Jr. is still unsigned, but he's also likely to miss at least half the season, maybe more.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:33 AM, DE said:

28-3

Wentz SB champ.

Next

Wentz didn't even play in the playoffs that season or the last three games of the regular season. The Eagles were good enough to win without Wentz. Ever since then he has been damaged goods and lacks the clutch gene. 

Just now, AG said:

Wentz didn't even play in the playoffs that season or the last three games of the regular season. The Eagles were good enough to win without Wentz. Ever since then he has been damaged goods and lacks the clutch gene. 

Is he still a SB Champ?