Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2022

Muda69

On 11/8/2022 at 11:54 AM, wabashalwaysfights said:

At this point, there are only two conceivable outcomes: either A) Saturday provides a fresh voice and sparks some life into this roster or B) Saturday's hire causes toxic division within the coaching staff and locker room and the season tailspins into a death spiral leading to a complete reconfiguration of the front office, coaching staff, and roster.  I am hoping against hope for option A, but my gut says we are looking at option B.

I'm not ready to completely get my heart broken, but today sure didn't look like outcome B.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Then there is this gem concerning the Colts:  https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/12/18/colts-paying-fired-coach-frank-reich-9-million-a-year-through-2026-per-espn/69738622007/

Earlier this month, former Colts coach Frank Reich said he wasn't "even close to bitter" over getting fired by the team this season.

That could be partly due to the fact he'll receive as much as $36 million from the team through 2026, according to ESPN. It was included in a story on the NFL telling teams they have spent $800 million on fired coaches and executives over the last five years.

Frank Reich, laughing all the way to bank.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 6:36 PM, PHJIrish said:

Today Chris Ballard confessed that the Colts problems are "all on him."  And I agree wholeheartedly!  He shouldn't be around for it to be on him any longer!

Count me in the camp that honestly thinks the biggest issue with the Colts right now is that Irsay is way too involved and should let Ballard do his job.  The QB issues over the past two seasons (getting rid of Wentz, which I think was a mistake, and benching Ryan, which was definitely a mistake) were direct Irsay decisions.  Neither was the long term solution, but Irsay stepping definitely made things worse.  Ballard may not be the guy, but Irsay's meddling has made it impossible to definitively say that.

Edit: and for the record, I really like Irsay generally as an owner, I just really hate how he has handled this situation.

Edited by wabashalwaysfights

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 4:53 PM, Irishman said:

Instead of some retread or never really been much kind of guy, I think they should look to the draft before looking at Foles. I like the Ridder kid out of Cincy. He can play the traditional pocket passer role, but is athletic enough to extend plays and even run if needed. There is a lot of hype around Pickett, but the guys that usually get that much hype fizzle out. 

Not throwing any stones at anyone, just looking back over the last year of posts and saw this. Shoulda, coulda went for Purdy! 😂

Probably need to duct tape Irsay to his chair in the skybox and start with a blank piece of paper. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SenatorFan said:

Probably need to duct tape Irsay to his chair in the skybox and start with a blank piece of paper. 

Spot on......

He has not had an experienced GM and head coach since Polian and Caldwell.  I believe that is absolutely for a reason.  Irsay loves to be the puppetmaster and in the limelight.  

I have not seen an experienced head coach on his interview list with the exception of Dan Quinn.  Maybe I missed some of the interviewees.  

• Like 1

Colts fans launch online petition to keep Jeff Saturday from becoming head coach: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2023/01/26/colts-online-petition-launched-to-keep-jeff-saturday-from-becoming-coach/69842412007/

Jeff Saturday is one of four reported finalists so far for the Colts head coaching job. It's a growing list, one that could reach at least seven candidates and features former head coaches, Super Bowl-winning assistants and current coordinators.

They are coaches with experience and reputations in the coaching profession, which Saturday is not. His inclusion in this finalist group for this kind of job, has rubbed a portion of the Colts fan base the wrong way.

Now, they're trying to do something about it.

Colts fans are sharing a petition through Change.org titled, "Don't hire Jeff Saturday as head coach." It launched Wednesday afternoon, and by Thursday morning, it had more than 1,500 verified signatures.

Shawn Ward, the fan who launched the page, directed its message to owner Jim Irsay.

"We as Colts fans will always love the memories of the (Super Bowl) XLI team but we don't want Jeff Saturday as head coach of this team!" Ward wrote. "Hire someone with experience and save your fan base from revolting."

By signing and sharing the petition and tweeting the hashtag #SaturdayLeave at Irsay, fans are voicing their frustrations to the man ultimately in charge.

Good luck with that Colts fans.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Colts fans launch online petition to keep Jeff Saturday from becoming head coach: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2023/01/26/colts-online-petition-launched-to-keep-jeff-saturday-from-becoming-coach/69842412007/

Good luck with that Colts fans.

Bad enough when the owner is involved, fans….gonna get ugly.