Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

21-22 DOE Enrollments

If the IHSAA would just say "On this date we will release the reclassification numbers" people would not be so worked up about them.  They have a show for the tournament draws, just have a show for the next classifications.  March 20th 2022 looks like a good date to me.

I think they just went (or still are) back and forth so much and haven't been sure what they want to do . Also why they haven't posted the mins from the last meeting . I'm sure the excuse right now would be that they don't want to distract away from the girls basketball state finals this weekend . 

1 hour ago, EasyEJay said:

I think they just went (or still are) back and forth so much and haven't been sure what they want to do . Also why they haven't posted the mins from the last meeting . I'm sure the excuse right now would be that they don't want to distract away from the girls basketball state finals this weekend . 

It seems to be a pattern when something big is rumored to be talked about at an executive meeting.  It is odd how this seems to take so much time.  Have to validate those 6 figure salaries I guess.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 11:53 AM, EasyEJay said:

I noticed the minutes from last month’s meeting weren’t posted until 12 days later. Using that same timeframe, we may not see the notes from this month’s meeting until March 2nd.

Multiply things could be at play.  They have to adjust the fall count and spring count numbers.  That will change a few things in each class.  I believe the possibility of 5 classes in other sports could be looked at.  Also do we go with unblanced classes and put a hard number on enrollment to be used for delineation of the class splits. The IHSAA has scene many small schools added that have pushed up many traditional small schools up to another class.  This could be a fix to that problem as mentioned in the Indy Star article from last week.  Another thing could be a change in success factors could be debated as well.  

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

Boy...They are really dragging this one out.

It only takes a few minutes.  Hahaa.  There are number and geography experts on here who have it finished already!  It just has to be gerrymandered and snafued.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Robert said:

It only takes a few minutes.  Hahaa.  There are number and geography experts on here who have it finished already!  It just has to be gerrymandered and snafued.

I have not seen any reclassification or align devised by any numbers and geography experts for 2022-23 or 2023-24.  Do you have a link?

56 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

I have not seen any reclassification or align devised by any numbers and geography experts for 2022-23 or 2023-24.  Do you have a link?

Our math teachers and geography teachers are pretty dog gone good.  Maybe I'm just thinking of past years.  The IHSAA will have their influencers much like the old AD at Bremen,  DeSantis,  pull their magic.  He used to make sure Bremen and Jimtown were not in the same football sectional.  Our people here are very good at mapping and guessing.  

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robert said:

Our math teachers and geography teachers are pretty dog gone good.  Maybe I'm just thinking of past years.  The IHSAA will have their influencers much like the old AD at Bremen,  DeSantis,  pull their magic.  He used to make sure Bremen and Jimtown were not in the same football sectional.  Our people here are very good at mapping and guessing.  

Ron DeSantis is in Indiana?  Sign.  Me.  Up!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DE said:

Ron DeSantis is in Indiana?  Sign.  Me.  Up!

haha!  🙂

5 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

They have to figure if Ben Davis is a West, East, or Southside school this time around. 

That's the kind of BS that happens.  Jimtown and Luers together.    Bremen cupcake.  Indy all messed up.  Cronyism. 

55 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

They have to figure if Ben Davis is a West, East, or Southside school this time around. 

It'd be easier if they were P/P.  They'd be in the same sectional with Cathedral.

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Good old Frank DeSantis. Fire Up, Fire Up!!! He only gerrymandered the sectional because Bill Sharpe asked him to. 

With the enrollment numbers posted, and the statement from the meeting notes of "Point totals from 2020-21 and the current school year will be used to determine Tournament Success Factor movement." (meaning Cathedral will get bumped up to 6A) - here is my stab at 6A Sectional assignments. The biggest issue? There are 9 schools north of U.S. Route 24, so at least 3 schools will have to be brought "north" to make up at least 3 of the sectional groupings. My guess? Obviously Lafayette Jeff, but also Westfield and Noblesville.

Sectional 1: Crown Point, Lafayette Jeff, Lake Central, Portage
Sectional 2: Elkhart, Penn, Warsaw, Westfield
Sectional 3: Carroll, Homestead, Noblesville, Northrop
Sectional 4: Carmel, Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern, Zionsville

Sectional 5: Avon, Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Pike
Sectional 6: Arsenal Tech, Perry Meridian, Southport, Warren Central
Sectional 7: Cathedral, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, North Central
Sectional 8: Center Grove, Columbus North, Franklin Central, Jeffersonville

29 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

With the enrollment numbers posted, and the statement from the meeting notes of "Point totals from 2020-21 and the current school year will be used to determine Tournament Success Factor movement." (meaning Cathedral will get bumped up to 6A) - here is my stab at 6A Sectional assignments. The biggest issue? There are 9 schools north of U.S. Route 24, so at least 3 schools will have to be brought "north" to make up at least 3 of the sectional groupings. My guess? Obviously Lafayette Jeff, but also Westfield and Noblesville.

Sectional 1: Crown Point, Lafayette Jeff, Lake Central, Portage
Sectional 2: Elkhart, Penn, Warsaw, Westfield
Sectional 3: Carroll, Homestead, Noblesville, Northrop
Sectional 4: Carmel, Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern, Zionsville

Sectional 5: Avon, Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Pike
Sectional 6: Arsenal Tech, Perry Meridian, Southport, Warren Central
Sectional 7: Cathedral, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, North Central
Sectional 8: Center Grove, Columbus North, Franklin Central, Jeffersonville

I see no fault in this but, are we sure that Cathedral is moving up.