Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

21-22 DOE Enrollments

33 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I see no fault in this but, are we sure that Cathedral is moving up.  

I don't see why they won't be. The meeting's minute notes clearly stated:

"Point totals from 2020-21 and the current school year (2021-22) will be used to determine Tournament Success Factor movement."

Cathedral won the 5A State Championship both of those seasons, accumulating 8 Tournament Success Factor Points. That meets the 6 point threshold to be moved up a class. The Fighting Irish will 100% be in 6A next year.

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

With the enrollment numbers posted, and the statement from the meeting notes of "Point totals from 2020-21 and the current school year will be used to determine Tournament Success Factor movement." (meaning Cathedral will get bumped up to 6A) - here is my stab at 6A Sectional assignments. The biggest issue? There are 9 schools north of U.S. Route 24, so at least 3 schools will have to be brought "north" to make up at least 3 of the sectional groupings. My guess? Obviously Lafayette Jeff, but also Westfield and Noblesville.

Sectional 1: Crown Point, Lafayette Jeff, Lake Central, Portage
Sectional 2: Elkhart, Penn, Warsaw, Westfield
Sectional 3: Carroll, Homestead, Noblesville, Northrop
Sectional 4: Carmel, Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern, Zionsville

Sectional 5: Avon, Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Pike
Sectional 6: Arsenal Tech, Perry Meridian, Southport, Warren Central
Sectional 7: Cathedral, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, North Central
Sectional 8: Center Grove, Columbus North, Franklin Central, Jeffersonville

Yikes. I didn't think about this possibility when it became obvious Chesterton and Merrillville would be dropping down. It will be interesting to see who goes North and which Sectionals they get placed in. I imagine Westfield would be licking their chops at that alignment. As a Noblesville fan I relish the idea of a scenario like that. As a DAC alum I cringe at the idea of a Regional now going through Hamilton County.

48 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Yikes. I didn't think about this possibility when it became obvious Chesterton and Merrillville would be dropping down. It will be interesting to see who goes North and which Sectionals they get placed in. I imagine Westfield would be licking their chops at that alignment. As a Noblesville fan I relish the idea of a scenario like that. As a DAC alum I cringe at the idea of a Regional now going through Hamilton County.

Mentioned it on page 1 on 1/20. 
Looks like 5, 5A Duneland schools now: LP, MC, Valpo, Chesterton, and Merrillville. 

Dont know how much longer Portage will remain 6A. 

2 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

With the enrollment numbers posted, and the statement from the meeting notes of "Point totals from 2020-21 and the current school year will be used to determine Tournament Success Factor movement." (meaning Cathedral will get bumped up to 6A) - here is my stab at 6A Sectional assignments. The biggest issue? There are 9 schools north of U.S. Route 24, so at least 3 schools will have to be brought "north" to make up at least 3 of the sectional groupings. My guess? Obviously Lafayette Jeff, but also Westfield and Noblesville.

Sectional 1: Crown Point, Lafayette Jeff, Lake Central, Portage
Sectional 2: Elkhart, Penn, Warsaw, Westfield
Sectional 3: Carroll, Homestead, Noblesville, Northrop
Sectional 4: Carmel, Fishers, Hamilton Southeastern, Zionsville

Sectional 5: Avon, Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Pike
Sectional 6: Arsenal Tech, Perry Meridian, Southport, Warren Central
Sectional 7: Cathedral, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, North Central
Sectional 8: Center Grove, Columbus North, Franklin Central, Jeffersonville

Only change I would make to the south is that Sectional 6 and 7 are flip flopped. I’m still not sure on how to go about the north. Potentially you could send Zionsville up 65 to Lafayette. I am really unsure on those.

52 minutes ago, DE said:

Mentioned it on page 1 on 1/20. 
Looks like 5, 5A Duneland schools now: LP, MC, Valpo, Chesterton, and Merrillville. 

Dont know how much longer Portage will remain 6A. 

I noticed that. I was surprised to see how far Portage is dropping in 6A enrollment. A lot of Central Indiana schools that were once smaller than Portage have outgrown them. Their population has barely moved in the past 20 years. Don't see any reason to believe Portage couldn't end up in 5A at some point.

With 6A, it's a matter of trying to figure out what they're going to do with Jeff & the Fort Wayne-area schools. There are 9 schools in Northern Indiana, Jeff is on an island, and then six in the Hamilton County/Zionsville cluster. The south is pretty cut-and-dried. 

1: Lake Central, Portage, Crown Point, Lafayette Jeff
2: Elkhart, Penn, Warsaw, Carroll
3. Homestead, Northrop, Westfield, Noblesville
4: Carmel, Zionsville, HSE, Fishers

OR 
1: Lake Central, Portage, Crown Point, Elkhart
2: Penn, Warsaw, Northrop, Carroll
3: Homestead, Noblesville, HSE, Fishers
4: Westfield, Zionsville, Carmel, Lafayette Jeff

5: North Central, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, Cathedral
6: Pike, Ben Davis, Brownsburg, Avon
7: Tech, Warren Central, Southport, Perry Meridian
8: Columbus North, Jeffersonville, Center Grove, Franklin Central

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

With 6A, it's a matter of trying to figure out what they're going to do with Jeff & the Fort Wayne-area schools. There are 9 schools in Northern Indiana, Jeff is on an island, and then six in the Hamilton County/Zionsville cluster. The south is pretty cut-and-dried. 

OR 

I really like your 2nd option for navigating those Hamilton county schools. This actually makes more sense in keeping HSE, Fishers, Noblesville up I-69 with Homestead and Zville, Carmel, and Westfield together with Jeff coming down 65.

Gave 5A a try...

5A North 5A South
Munster Lafayette Harrison
Hammond Morton McCutcheon
Hammond Central Terre Haute N
Merrillville Terre Haute S

Valparaiso Franklin
Michigan City Plainfield
Chesterton Decatur Central
LaPorte Whiteland

SB Adams Bloomington N
Goshen Bloomington S
Concord Evansville North
Mishawaka Castle

FW Snider Columbus East
FW North Floyd Central
Anderson Seymour
Kokomo New Albany

15 minutes ago, triple option said:

Gave 5A a try...

5A North 5A South
Munster Lafayette Harrison
Hammond Morton McCutcheon
Hammond Central Terre Haute N
Merrillville Terre Haute S

Valparaiso Franklin
Michigan City Plainfield
Chesterton Decatur Central
LaPorte Whiteland

SB Adams Bloomington N
Goshen Bloomington S
Concord Evansville North
Mishawaka Castle

FW Snider Columbus East
FW North Floyd Central
Anderson Seymour
Kokomo New Albany

Dwenger will be in 5A (Success Factor) and Kokomo in 4A (because Dwenger bumps them down)

Here's my stab at 5A
9. Hammond Central, Hammond Morton, Munster, Merrillville
10: Valpo, Chesterton, Michigan City, LaPorte
11: SB Adams, Mishawaka, Concord, Goshen
12: FW Dwenger, FW North, FW Snider, Anderson
13: McCutcheon, Harrison, Plainfield, Decatur Central
14: TH North, TH South, Bloomington North, Bloomington South
15: Seymour, Columbus East, Franklin, Whiteland
16: Ev. North, Castle, Floyd Central, New Albany

Again, 11 schools north of the US 30 corridor, so the question comes - which team goes north? Another option would be to send Harrison to Fort Wayne and place Anderson with McCutcheon, Plainfield & DC. 

In the South, you have seven pairs (EvN/Castle, Floyd/NA, Seymour/CE, Franklin/Whiteland, THN/THS, BloomN/BloomS, Plainfield/DC) for 16 spots that can be combined in a lot of different ways. This one seems to be the most sensible. 

4A is a challenge. 

A few assumptions: Chatard is in 4A for *one year* and back down if they don't win a regional. Therefore, Norwell is also in 4A and it will be a 64-team class. If Chatard stays up for the full cycle, Norwell likely goes to 3A, which changes the entire map. 

17: East Chicago, Highland, Gary West, Hobart, Lowell, KV, New Prairie, Plymouth
18: SB Washington, SBSJ, SB Riley, NorthWood, Wawasee, Northridge, East Noble, Angola
19: DeKalb, Leo, New Haven, FW South, FW Wayne, Columbia City, Huntington North, Norwell
20: Logansport, Western, Kokomo, Marion, Mississinewa, Jay County, Muncie Central, Frankfort
21: Pendleton Heights, Greenfield-Central, Mt. Vernon, New Palestine, New Castle, Connersville, Richmond, Beech Grove
22: Northview, Lebanon, Roncalli, Chatard, Ind. Washington, Attucks, Shortridge, Brebeuf
23: BNL, Jennings County, East Central, Edgewood, Martinsville, Mooresville, Greenwood, Shelbyville
24: Reitz, Bosse, Memorial, Central, Ev. Harrison, Boonville, Jasper, Silver Creek

If no Chatard (go back to 3A), move Beech Grove into Sectional 22
If no Norwell (remain in 3A because Chatard is up for the full cycle, move East Noble into Sectional 19. 

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

OR 

I would just be completely shocked if they break up the Fort Wayne schools, but I guess it is entirely possible.

Just now, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I would just be completely shocked if they break up the Fort Wayne schools, but I guess it is entirely possible.

There has to be a cutoff somewhere. And those are 3 different school districts correct (Homestead, Carroll, Northrop)?

15 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

4A is a challenge. 

A few assumptions: Chatard is in 4A for *one year* and back down if they don't win a regional. Therefore, Norwell is also in 4A and it will be a 64-team class. If Chatard stays up for the full cycle, Norwell likely goes to 3A, which changes the entire map. 

17: East Chicago, Highland, Gary West, Hobart, Lowell, KV, New Prairie, Plymouth
18: SB Washington, SBSJ, SB Riley, NorthWood, Wawasee, Northridge, East Noble, Angola
19: DeKalb, Leo, New Haven, FW South, FW Wayne, Columbia City, Huntington North, Norwell
20: Logansport, Western, Kokomo, Marion, Mississinewa, Jay County, Muncie Central, Frankfort
21: Pendleton Heights, Greenfield-Central, Mt. Vernon, New Palestine, New Castle, Connersville, Richmond, Beech Grove
22: Northview, Lebanon, Roncalli, Chatard, Ind. Washington, Attucks, Shortridge, Brebeuf
23: BNL, Jennings County, East Central, Edgewood, Martinsville, Mooresville, Greenwood, Shelbyville
24: Reitz, Bosse, Memorial, Central, Ev. Harrison, Boonville, Jasper, Silver Creek

If no Chatard (go back to 3A), move Beech Grove into Sectional 22
If no Norwell (remain in 3A because Chatard is up for the full cycle, move East Noble into Sectional 19. 

I'm out of likes - but this is good work.  4A has had 63 teams for the last 3 years, with 24 being a 7 team sectional.  So it may not be a major shift if one is moved out. 

The time and mileage difference is negligible, but I could see BNL and Silver Creek flipped.  In most people's mind Bedford is southwest Indiana while Sellersburg is southeast.  Either way, one of those schools will be a long drive for the rest of the sectional. 

7 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

There has to be a cutoff somewhere. And those are 3 different school districts correct (Homestead, Carroll, Northrop)?

Yes they are all 3 different school districts. I just think it's more likely they will send Noblesville up to the Fort Wayne schools as that happened previously. One other option I could potentially see would be this:

Sectional 1: Crown Point, Lake Central, Lafayette Jeff, Zionsville
Sectional 2: Elkhart, Penn, Portage, Warsaw
Sectional 3: Carroll, Homestead, Northrop, Noblesville
Sectional 4: Carmel, Fishers, HSE, Westfield

2 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Yes they are all 3 different school districts. I just think it's more likely they will send Noblesville up to the Fort Wayne schools as that happened previously. One other option I could potentially see would be this:

Sectional 1: Crown Point, Lake Central, Lafayette Jeff, Zionsville
Sectional 2: Elkhart, Penn, Portage, Warsaw
Sectional 3: Carroll, Homestead, Northrop, Noblesville
Sectional 4: Carmel, Fishers, HSE, Westfield

Yes that is definitely another option that works. I find it hard to split up Carmel, Zionsville, Westfield. But again, there will have to be cutoffs somewhere. It will be interesting for the North.

Just can't believe there will be this long of a wait until we see these announced. Not sure what the hold up is.

33 minutes ago, Julio said:

You have too many team in 5A.  They will not have 32 teams.

The only time any class has had less than 32 teams was 6A this past fall when COVID caused a delay in reclassification but teams still moved down as a result of the success factor. That should never happen again. Every class should have at least 32.

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

Here's my stab at 5A
9. Hammond Central, Hammond Morton, Munster, Merrillville
10: Valpo, Chesterton, Michigan City, LaPorte
11: SB Adams, Mishawaka, Concord, Goshen
12: FW Dwenger, FW North, FW Snider, Anderson
13: McCutcheon, Harrison, Plainfield, Decatur Central
14: TH North, TH South, Bloomington North, Bloomington South
15: Seymour, Columbus East, Franklin, Whiteland
16: Ev. North, Castle, Floyd Central, New Albany

Again, 11 schools north of the US 30 corridor, so the question comes - which team goes north? Another option would be to send Harrison to Fort Wayne and place Anderson with McCutcheon, Plainfield & DC. 

In the South, you have seven pairs (EvN/Castle, Floyd/NA, Seymour/CE, Franklin/Whiteland, THN/THS, BloomN/BloomS, Plainfield/DC) for 16 spots that can be combined in a lot of different ways. This one seems to be the most sensible. 

This is exactly what I came up with when I did 5A

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Julio said:

You have too many team in 5A.  They will not have 32 teams.

Just now, Frozen Tundra said:

The only time any class has had less than 32 teams was 6A this past fall when COVID caused teams to move down as a result of the success factor. That should never happen again. Every class should have at least 32.

Exactly - what will happen instead is Classes 1A-4A will end up less than 64 classes to adjust. Class 6A and 5A have to have a minimum of 32 classes each (outside of last year's COVID debacle)

• Like 1