Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

21-22 DOE Enrollments

3 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

The link is gone again.. They must be correcting it again... I've seen Monkey $#!t fights as the zoo more organized than this... As my friend @Donnie Bakersays, I swear to God I have.

To be fair, the monkeys have had millennia of evolution to get to the current state.  The IHSSA has only been flinging *poop* for a century or so. :classic_laugh:

Lord, I apologize for that there.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

There was apparently some bad data. Have heard from several people the IHSAA has circulated a memo to the schools stating the enrollments posted have some discrepancies and are in the process of being corrected. 

Ridiculous 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

The link is gone again.. They must be correcting it again... I've seen Monkey $#!t fights as the zoo more organized than this... As my friend @Donnie Bakersays, I swear to God I have.

43 minutes ago, Robert said:

Why would the IHSAA just do something randomly...because people like DeSantis and Sharpe have influence?  I know Sharpe is a great guy and people swear DeSantis is, but I've worked with principals and ADs a long time...they do what they want, when they want, how they want....my opinion. 

Oh, and the IHSAA is made of of a lot of former principals, AD's and the like. 

42 minutes ago, Robert said:

Why would the IHSAA just do something randomly...because people like DeSantis and Sharpe have influence?  I know Sharpe is a great guy and people swear DeSantis is, but I've worked with principals and ADs a long time...they do what they want, when they want, how they want....my opinion. 

I’m just messing with you, I have no idea what went on. I was 12 years old in 1994. Bremen being in north central Indiana bounces east and west every couple years. Frank has been gone for 25 years, so it isn’t really worth being to bent out of shape over it. I just every so often it gets thrown out there that he rigged the system in the 90’s. I think that is just back room banter from people with an ex to grind. 

39 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

One number that threw up a red flag to me was the Bremen enrollment.  If their number was accurate, that firmly places them in 3a.  

Luers IDOE count was under 500.  Their IHSAA count was almost one hundred up.  Who knows. 

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

There was apparently some bad data. Have heard from several people the IHSAA has circulated a memo to the schools stating the enrollments posted have some discrepancies and are in the process of being corrected. 

Yeah, just from looking it seemed like Andrean’s enrollment was way high. Last time I heard they had about 400 kids in the school, and that sheet had them nearly back to 600. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Robert said:

Luers IDOE count was under 500.  Their IHSAA count was almost one hundred up.  Who knows. 

Yeah, just from looking it seemed like Andrean’s enrollment was way high. Last time I heard they had about 400 kids in the school, and that sheet had them nearly back to 600. 

The numbers for Mater Dei and Memorial were inflated as well.   Mater Dei is 490-500 range and Memorial is 550-560 range.  Both had totals 100-150 students above that.  I just assumed they added a multiplier without telling anybody. 😃

Edited by oldtimeqb
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

The numbers for Mater Dei and Memorial were inflated as well.   Mater Dei is 490-500 range and Memorial is 550-560 range.  Both had totals 100-150 students above that.  I just assumed they added a multiplier without telling anybody. 😃

It seems most of the issues were with private school enrollments - and some of them were several years out of date. It appears the IHSAA was given bad data by the Department of Education. While public schools have a "count day" and have to report that data to the DOE for funding purposes, private schools have different funding mechanisms (vouchers & tuition), so their reporting is different. 

3 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

It seems most of the issues were with private school enrollments - and some of them were several years out of date. It appears the IHSAA was given bad data by the Department of Education. While public schools have a "count day" and have to report that data to the DOE for funding purposes, private schools have different funding mechanisms (vouchers & tuition), so their reporting is different. 

Imagine that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

So their enrollments are higher when they want government funding and lower to classify for sports?  I mean this wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Disdain 2
  • Kill me now 2

7 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

So their enrollments are higher when they want government funding and lower to classify for sports?  I mean this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Well, that ought to liven up the off season for a while. 😂

• Haha 6

I have always wondered why the IHSAA does not release the classifications when they release the enrollments. I guess I can understand them waiting on determining the sectional alignments, but not with the classifications. When the enrollments are released, just release the classifications as well.

9 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I have always wondered why the IHSAA does not release the classifications when they release the enrollments. I guess I can understand them waiting on determining the sectional alignments, but not with the classifications. When the enrollments are released, just release the classifications as well.

You are making too much sense. I think they get off on making us wait. 

2 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

🤔. Hmmmm ?????

45 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Perhaps they release the enrollment figures first so that all the GID people can then tell them what the classifications, sectionals, etc., should be. Makes their job a lot easier.

• Haha 4

Just now, Bobref said:

Perhaps they release the enrollment figures first so that all the GID people can then tell them what the classifications, sectionals, etc., should be. Makes their job a lot easier.

Oh got it. I was just confused on this. This is cleared up now.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:33 AM, Titan32 said:

Yeah, that's what the IDOE has done.  Hmm.  I think they just gave the information from the wrong year.  Until the IHSAA or the IDOE makes a statement, we can all make reasons.