Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

21-22 DOE Enrollments

27 minutes ago, Robert said:

Yeah, that's what the IDOE has done.  Hmm.  I think they just gave the information from the wrong year.  Until the IHSAA or the IDOE makes a statement, we can all make reasons.  

I don't think they gave data from the wrong year.  I can't recall Bremen ever having that high of an enrollment.  

I find it interesting that the IHSAA keeps the announcement up on their website, but they remove the document linked to it.  Wouldn't it remove some confusion if they released a statement about the situation.  

Just now, Punttheball said:

I don't think they gave data from the wrong year.  I can't recall Bremen ever having that high of an enrollment.  

I find it interesting that the IHSAA keeps the announcement up on their website, but they remove the document linked to it.  Wouldn't it remove some confusion if they released a statement about the situation.  

Ah, okay, I saw that comment on another site.  I haven't seen our AD or football coach to even ask him if he got a statement.    It certainly would remove some confusion.  There are lots of people here who could do a better job, but they wouldn't follow the good ol' boy system.  

On 3/4/2022 at 12:29 PM, Indiana Fan said:

I have always wondered why the IHSAA does not release the classifications when they release the enrollments. I guess I can understand them waiting on determining the sectional alignments, but not with the classifications. When the enrollments are released, just release the classifications as well.

The IHSAA used to do that. I think they're waiting until the basketball tournaments are done and Success Factor points added in to release the classifications so they can do one fell swoop. 

I also have not received an answer to what they're going to do with Chatard, WeBo and LCC. 

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

The IHSAA used to do that. I think they're waiting until the basketball tournaments are done and Success Factor points added in to release the classifications so they can do one fell swoop. 

I also have not received an answer to what they're going to do with Chatard, WeBo and LCC. 

All 3 schools should stay up for the next cycle, IMO.

11 hours ago, slice60 said:

All 3 schools should stay up for the next cycle, IMO.

What I expect to happen is they'll be up next year and if they don't get their two points, they'll fall back to the lower class for 2023 (and the 7-team sectional fields will be strategically drawn to allow this to happen). Western Boone appears to be 3A on enrollment. 

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

What I expect to happen is they'll be up next year and if they don't get their two points, they'll fall back to the lower class for 2023 (and the 7-team sectional fields will be strategically drawn to allow this to happen). Western Boone appears to be 3A on enrollment. 

Ihsaa already said the 2 year classification will start over this upcoming year! So it would be 2 years will all points reset to start the year. 

35 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Ihsaa already said the 2 year classification will start over this upcoming year! So it would be 2 years will all points reset to start the year. 

Yes, the classification cycle starts over this year, but there has been no clarification on what will happen to the specific schools who got bumped mid-cycle last year. There are a couple of ways they can go - keep them up for the full cycle, keep them up for half the cycle or send them back to their original class. This only affects two - maybe three - schools in football (LCC, Chatard and maybe WeBo, since it appears WeBo will be 3A due to enrollment anyway). 

2 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Yes, the classification cycle starts over this year, but there has been no clarification on what will happen to the specific schools who got bumped mid-cycle last year. There are a couple of ways they can go - keep them up for the full cycle, keep them up for half the cycle or send them back to their original class. This only affects two - maybe three - schools in football (LCC, Chatard and maybe WeBo, since it appears WeBo will be 3A due to enrollment anyway). 

I can't see them adjusting sectionals mid cycle even for three teams. They should have just wiped the SF slate clean for all teams and moved forward until next cycle.

1 minute ago, FarmerFran said:

I can't see them adjusting sectionals mid cycle even for three teams. They should have just wiped the SF slate clean for all teams and moved forward until next cycle.

It's pretty easy to do - especially since it will likely only affect two. Just put the 7-team sectional in 3A & 1A in an area where Chatard & LCC could easily drop in. 

14 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Here's the list of football-playing schools tabbed by enrollment and likely class next year. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18x4CjZOBcDgC9V6clbOXc4XgTXubeav5H5kXfSocLSk/edit?usp=sharing

North Option B....I don't see Penn and Elkhart Driving past each other to go to those sectionals.  I'd flip them and that may be what happens.

My sense is the IHSAA wants all the North HCC + Carmel schools to feed into one regional (as you have in both your options).  Whether that is 4 in one and 2 in another, or 3 in two sectionals. 

I don't see any chance IHSAA spreads those schools out over 3 sectionals.

Edited by US31

1 minute ago, crimsonace1 said:

It's pretty easy to do - especially since it will likely only affect two. Just put the 7-team sectional in 3A & 1A in an area where Chatard & LCC could easily drop in. 

Sectional maps, spreadsheets, etc....

Who died and made you "Classification expert!?!?" 

-I kid I kid....at least someone is trying to come up with something that makes sense. 

I still find it hard to believe that a 517 number places us in the 3A enrollment, when in years past we've been up in the 530s and still been 2A. 

Oh well, time to get to work. 

1 minute ago, jets said:

-I kid I kid....at least someone is trying to come up with something that makes sense. 

I still find it hard to believe that a 517 number places us in the 3A enrollment, when in years past we've been up in the 530s and still been 2A. 

I don't really see why you guys or WeBo should be upset about being in 3A . with Brebruf moving up and Chatard possibly staying up in 4A. 3A becomes a wide open field IMO , whereas 2A Mater Dei , Luers, and Andrean will all be pretty loaded this year 

5 minutes ago, jets said:

That's been my schtick around here for years ;). 

Rural populations have been declining for years and the increase in 1A private/charter schools adding football have pushed a number of teams up into higher classes. I've noticed the enrollment cutoffs between classes are much lower (but the cutoffs for 5A/6A and 4A/5A are higher).

In hoops, the 2A/3A cutoff is something like 495. It's traditionally been well into the 500s. 

14 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

One would think that counting enrollments, posting said enrollments in an orderly fashion and creating sectional brackets that make sense would be easy as well but the IHSAA seems to have missed the memo...

Why do people keep thinking that 5A will have 32 teams?  The state has already stated several years ago that they will put 32 in 6A and then fill up 1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A with 64 teams and the remaining schools will go into 5A.

35 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Yeah but that would require planning ahead on the IHSAA’s part. And a lack of planning ahead is the reason this is messed to begin with haha

20 minutes ago, jets said:

Part of it is the increase in 1A teams which slides those at the top of 1A into 2A.  Since the other classes, outside of 5A, have set numbers, there's a "trickle up" effect.  That'll cause the lower-end cutoffs to be higher.

7 minutes ago, Julio said:

Why do people keep thinking that 5A will have 32 teams?  The state has already stated several years ago that they will put 32 in 6A and then fill up 1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A with 64 teams and the remaining schools will go into 5A.

i think they released a more recent statement about trying to equal out the classes better.  Not sure what that means.

2 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

i think they released a more recent statement about trying to equal out the classes better.  Not sure what that means.

13 minutes ago, Julio said:

I think they heard enough complaints about the "double bye" - which is what a classification of less than 32 would have.  As exciting as a 3 team sectional sounds, I think they will try to avoid that at all costs. 

15 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Here's the list of football-playing schools tabbed by enrollment and likely class next year. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18x4CjZOBcDgC9V6clbOXc4XgTXubeav5H5kXfSocLSk/edit?usp=sharing

Out of likes - but thanks for this.

Looks like New Pal will be joining 4A south again.  And the sectionals should be fairly easy to redraw IMO.

Bosse comes up to 4A - pushing Northview to Sectional 22. 

Bedford and Edgewood take South Dearborn and Madison's spots in 23.

New Pal added to 21 lets Muncie Central go "north."

And of course 22 adds Chatard and Brebeuf in with Roncalli, which pushes Western, Frankfort and Lebanon back north as well.  Sorry Beech Grove, Northview, Attucks, Shortridge, and Indy Washington.  

24 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

It might have to do with the fact there is a huge enrollment gap in 4A.  4A Kokomo (1510)- 4A Angola (795) is a 715 student disparity.  Angola (and the other small 4A schools) is closer in size to 1A Eastern Hancock (397) than they are to the top of their own class.