Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2022

Which schools would support a move of Vincennes Lincoln into the PAC Big School Division and which would not and why?  

Would going from 4 non-conference games to three for the PAC Big Schools be desirable?

image.png.9c5e1672a38a5d1a895aa3b485ded971.png

Who would Heritage Hills drop out of their schedule where the non-conference games are all PAC small schools (ie traditional matchups)?

image.png.e088aa98f85ec052c062eafc267a6163.png

image.png.de7199319590f469932899219a35b382.png

image.png.f756c7785cbde09e6294d31309c05ace.png

Looks like Boonville is struggling to fill their non-conference schedule:

image.png.59ba02ec25a9591eb5754e5f9ef7e242.png

As is Washington:

image.png.82c78d87ce39f26b420cf0c10e8cb15d.png

Edited by Titan32

Has Princeton even started interviewing football coaches yet? All I've heard is they keep offering Coach Schenk more money and he keeps turning them down. They have already missed out on a few guys who may have been interested, at this point they are probably just promoting from within...

Splitting up the conference by football competitiveness would be very interesting in my opinion.  Allows for big gates and some of the less competitive schools build up their programs.  Could reevaluate every 4 years which teams play where.  

Division 1

Gibson Southern, Heritage Hills, Southridge, North Posey, Mt. Vernon, Boonville

Division 2

Vincennes, South Spencer, Princeton, Tell City,  Washington, Pike Central

If Vincennes were to join I think the move would be to move them into the big school division but then also push one of the other schools down.  

Imo it should be Washington. 

don’t think the PAC benefits from top loading the big school division with the more successful teams.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Vincennes possibly joining comes with the possibility that Gibson Southern may look to join the SIAC…I’m personally don’t feel either way about it…I like the PAC and like following the matchups against teams I once played against….joining the SIAC would be fun too though. 

also not sure how the coaches or administration feels after the last attempt to join the SIAC…or how other PAC schools view GS.  

i would like to think that the other PAC schools like having GS as a conference foe but I wouldn’t be surprised if some coaches for certain sports wish they didn’t have to play GS as a conference game. 

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

GS vs South Warren rematch, that should be a great one

That will be a monster sized test for this young squad coming up. 

think GS returns 3 starters?

RB/RG/DE

obviously some rotation guys are returning but it’s no secret the Titans are graduating the vast majority of the team 

17 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Vincennes possibly joining comes with the possibility that Gibson Southern may look to join the SIAC…I’m personally don’t feel either way about it…I like the PAC and like following the matchups against teams I once played against….joining the SIAC would be fun too though. 

My (educated) guess is that VL goes independent as soon as possible until they figure out a conference to join, GS stays in the PAC and simply replaces one of their long-travel weeks with an SIAC opponent.

34 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

RB/RG/DE

obviously some rotation guys are returning but it’s no secret the Titans are graduating the vast majority of the team 

Will be an interesting matchup for sure, 2 defending state champions going at it (Did SW win Kentucky 5A?). No idea if SW was senior heavy or not 

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Will be an interesting matchup for sure, 2 defending state champions going at it (Did SW win Kentucky 5A?). No idea if SW was senior heavy or not 

They did win 5A.  

If I recall correctly, they lost the week before they played to GS to some Tennessee team….and then from GS on out they pretty much blew everyone out of the water.  

Just this Fan's opinions.  If VL comes to the BIG PAC no one will get "pushed" to the small division.  There is Zero chance GS is interested in the SIAC anymore....that ship has sailed.

And it seems Football Fanatic and I agree a lot lately...GS will likely pick up an SIAC opponent to replace one of the travel games "if" the SIAC goes to some sort of configuration that allows a non-conference game after VL leaves.

22 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

RB/RG/DE

5 on offense, 2 on defense plus a JV group that went undefeated and got lots of varsity experience.  

On 1/21/2022 at 9:04 AM, Cappy said:

Has Princeton even started interviewing football coaches yet? All I've heard is they keep offering Coach Schenk more money and he keeps turning them down. They have already missed out on a few guys who may have been interested, at this point they are probably just promoting from within...

Coach schenk any relation to pga journeyman Adam schenk whose bio says Vincennes hometown but high school south Knox 

On 1/21/2022 at 12:59 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

If Vincennes were to join I think the move would be to move them into the big school division but then also push one of the other schools down.  

Imo it should be Washington. 

don’t think the PAC benefits from top loading the big school division with the more successful teams.

also not sure how the coaches or administration feels after the last attempt to join the SIAC…or how other PAC schools view GS.  

i would like to think that the other PAC schools like having GS as a conference foe but I wouldn’t be surprised if some coaches for certain sports wish they didn’t have to play GS as a conference game. 

Doesn't GS become a more manageable opponent when you remove a generational Big Ten QB and a DIV 1 receiver?

Edited by HHF

On 1/21/2022 at 4:30 PM, Titan32 said:

Just this Fan's opinions.  If VL comes to the BIG PAC no one will get "pushed" to the small division.  There is Zero chance GS is interested in the SIAC anymore....that ship has sailed.

And it seems Football Fanatic and I agree a lot lately...GS will likely pick up an SIAC opponent to replace one of the travel games "if" the SIAC goes to some sort of configuration that allows a non-conference game after VL leaves.

PAC should be doing whatever is necessary to keep GS in the conference.  Titans are the flagship member of the league and have replaced HH as its most prominent member from a statewide perspective.

SIAC would be best served to let VL walk and leave a week open for non con play.  SIAC has become too closed off to the rest of the state.  The conference needs the exposure it will get by playing non con schools from other areas of Indiana, or KY.  Many in the SIAC feel they dont need the exposure.  They are wrong.  More statewide exposure will help their student athletes get more recruiting attention.  It will also help its best coaches to gain better access to other opportunities to move up the coaching ladder and make more money.  

3 hours ago, HHF said:

Doesn't GS become a more manageable opponent when you remove a generational Big Ten QB and a DIV 1 receiver?

Ehhh…I won’t say no because that’s too black and white….but anyone who has played GS the last 4 years will have to start over on how to defend Coach Harts offense again now.  

sure a ton of phenomenal talent is graduating…but the next QB for GS is a true dual threat and the RB room is going to be strong.  Probably will still pass it more than most teams…it’s just that there is a slim to none chance they will be throwing it over 300 times on the year or going with a 65/35 pass run ratio. 

offenses are designed around a teams strengths…and for 4 years the strength has been at the QB being able to put the ball wherever it needs to be while having a cannon for an arm.  These next 2 years are probably going to be more about RPO/Read-Option

Long story short….yes the team is going to be a clear step under the 2021 team…not a question….but the 2022 team is likely going to be a very different challenge to try and stop…

• Like 1

Guessing it makes sense for Vincennes (big school), Tecumseh (small school) to both join the PAC in football together.  It's long over due with Tecumseh...we have the small school division now which should be a perfect fit, what excuse do they have left?   

31 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Guessing it makes sense for Vincennes (big school), Tecumseh (small school) to both join the PAC in football together.  It's long over due with Tecumseh...we have the small school division now which should be a perfect fit, what excuse do they have left?   

Tecumseh plays PC, FP, NP, and TC already... four out of the six in the small school division, excluding SR and SS.  It might take some wrangling to get their schedule worked out with non-PAC schools they want to keep, but I'd think that could be accomplished with serviceable ADs.  Looking at their 2021 schedule, they are practically there already anyway.  I'd also think they'd want the stability of having the six games locked in each year, and still have the flexibility of having some non-conference games with North Daviess, Crawford County, Eastern Greene, etc.

Having said that, the hardest part might be convincing SR they need to drop Linton-Stockton, Boonville, GS, or HH to pick up a game with Tecumseh...

1 minute ago, CJJL said:

Southridge has already dropped Linton

That's right, I remember hearing about that now you say it.  I was only looking at the recent seasons on Harrell's and didn't review the 2022 schedule.  My point still stands though.

...having opened that door, is 0-9 Washington an upgrade from 10-1 L-S for Southridge?  ...who dropped whom?

1 hour ago, Esso Ayche said:

That's right, I remember hearing about that now you say it.  I was only looking at the recent seasons on Harrell's and didn't review the 2022 schedule.  My point still stands though.

...having opened that door, is 0-9 Washington an upgrade from 10-1 L-S for Southridge?  ...who dropped whom?

or Southridge could always swap places with one of the less successful Big schools.

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

or Southridge could always swap places with one of the less successful Big schools.

If I were Southridge I'd make that jump in a heartbeat.  But what are the odds a big school swallows their pride to flip to the small side voluntarily?  OR does the PAC implement a conference success factor?? 😅

1 minute ago, Esso Ayche said:

If I were Southridge I'd make that jump in a heartbeat.  But what are the odds a big school swallows their pride to flip to the small side voluntarily?  OR does the PAC implement a conference success factor?? 😅

Cue up Muda....promotion and relegation.  I bet there is one that would probably be more willing than Southridge to make that swap.

• Like 1