Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2022

On 1/27/2022 at 4:39 PM, Esso Ayche said:

OR does the PAC implement a conference success factor?? 😅

But how do we move GS up? 😀 Small School division has had two different winners so far.

image.png.9f8d4f066d3c40fd5ef9c0db3e5edac2.png

Edited by Cappy

15 minutes ago, tango said:

No way we trade Jasper for Washington... 

I think he was referring to trading out Washington for another of the PAC juggernauts like Pike Central, Tell City, Forest Park, or Tecumseh to form the new Big 8. 

Personally, I think Jasper leaves the SIAC right after Michigan leaves the Big Ten to join the MAC. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

I think he was referring to trading out Washington for another of the PAC juggernauts like Pike Central, Tell City, Forest Park, or Tecumseh to form the new Big 8. 

Personally, I think Jasper leaves the SIAC right after Michigan leaves the Big Ten to join the MAC. 

Jasper has the perfect home and they won't leave any time soon.  812hoops does some amazing things for local kids and their exposure but this suggestion was really really dumb.  There are several divisional conferences in the state.  I say add Tecumseh to Small school PAC and Vincennes to Big school PAC and call it a day.  Scheduling just got a little easier in the PAC and the SIAC gains some much needed non-conference matchups.  Seems like a win, win, win.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, tango said:

No way we trade Jasper for Washington... 

That wasn't the implication.  Washington wouldn't want to jump from the frying pan to the fire. 

this was just make believe anyway.

By the way, Washington's current middle school squad is good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

By the way, Washington's current middle school squad is good.

This is very encouraging to hear as an alum who no longer is in the area. Even after a step back last year, I truly believe Coach Morris has the Hatchets on the right path from the varsity program all the way down to youth league ball.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wildcat 1 said:

Can you confirm that you are the father of #2?  Good player. 

I've been here since 2011.  The old timers all know me.

I see you're listed as a parent.  Can you confirm who you are the parent of?

Either are probably irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Edited by Titan32

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

What schools would vote against Vincennes Lincoln and Tecumseh joining the PAC and why?

Well I doubt anyone with an actual vote is going to get on here and proclaim their intentions, so its all hearsay... I've heard some grumblings that the previous big 8 schools are in no hurry to help out a school that abandoned them for greener pastors just a couple years ago. A school (along with Jasper) that left those schools with holes in their schedules to fill and essentially ended the big 8 conference. Now that could just be water cooler talk between friends or it could have some truth to it.  

I expect Tecumseh football to be part of the PAC again soon.

37 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Well I doubt anyone with an actual vote is going to get on here and proclaim their intentions, so its all hearsay... I've heard some grumblings that the previous big 8 schools are in no hurry to help out a school that abandoned them for greener pastors just a couple years ago. A school (along with Jasper) that left those schools with holes in their schedules to fill and essentially ended the big 8 conference. Now that could just be water cooler talk between friends or it could have some truth to it.  

How does Tecumseh stack up in the small side of the PAC?  

1 minute ago, HHPatriots said:

They already play most of the small PAC... seems like a natural jump to me.  It looks like they'd just need to add SR and SS.  SR in most years probably isn't a favorable game for them.  SS perhaps more so.

5 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

They already play most of the small PAC... seems like a natural jump to me.  It looks like they'd just need to add SR and SS.  SR in most years probably isn't a favorable game for them.  SS perhaps more so.

Yeah, I knew they played Tell City.  SS would be a good matchup for them for sure.  

Southridge will be rough no doubt.  But it happens...

49 minutes ago, Cappy said:

I have gotten wind of some of that "bad taste" from former Big 8 schools.  But, at the end of the day people make mistakes.  Grown adults in charge of educating our children probably shouldn't hold long term grudges.  With regard to your second sentence, wouldn't the PAC want Tecumseh and Vincennes as a package deal?

8 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I'd say that varies from year to year, when they have "up" years they have an opportunity to win the small PAC. When they have "down" years they finish bottom half. The last couple years they would have been bottom half (close losses to NP, FP, and TC) but I believe they have some good groups coming... They sure had their chance to beat us this last year and we won the small PAC. The game was 23 -18 and we were behind until the fourth quarter. 

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

I have gotten wind of some of that "bad taste" from former Big 8 schools.  But, at the end of the day people make mistakes.  Grown adults in charge of educating our children probably shouldn't hold long term grudges.  With regard to your second sentence, wouldn't the PAC want Tecumseh and Vincennes as a package deal?

I believe the "bad taste" was more than just how things ended. I do think VL would be a solid addition to our conference, they would be at the top in every sport I would imagine. 

4 hours ago, Cappy said:

I've heard some grumblings that the previous big 8 schools are in no hurry to help out a school that abandoned them for greener pastors just a couple years ago. A school (along with Jasper) that left those schools with holes in their schedules to fill and essentially ended the big 8 conference. Now that could just be water cooler talk between friends or it could have some truth to it.  

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

VL was in the same position as MV, Boonville, Washington, Princeton.  The moment Jasper decided it wanted out and transfer to the SIAC, the Big 8 was done for regardless. Lincoln was never a proponent for leaving the Big 8 just to be clear. 

My feelings are the same as they were 2 years ago, I liked idea of being an SIAC or PAC member. I hope the Alices are voted in. 

Edited by SEAL_63