Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2022

14 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Hey, give us a shot here on the big side...that tall skinny kid will be wearing black and gold this fall.

image.png.c9298dd43eaa5747d04343ad2de8afd4.png

I feel like this is one of those years that determine who will be the top dog for the next 2/3 seasons in the PAC.  From my perspective it’s wide open 

23 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I feel like this is one of those years that determine who will be the top dog for the next 2/3 seasons in the PAC.  From my perspective it’s wide open 

I like our chances. I know MS ball doesn't fully translate to HS, but... I like our chances. That said, it will be tough sledding against a full strength HH program. No one around these parts doubts that for a second.

12 hours ago, tango said:

I heard GS was getting a transfer from IL who is a QB... 

I heard GS stole him from Memorial.

16 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

To be honest, from my view this fall we will be ok...should be a 1 or 2 loss team in regular season and somewhat competitive for sectional.  2023 and 2024 we should be VERY good.

13 hours ago, tango said:

I heard GS was getting a transfer from IL who is a QB... 

You mean in addition to the one who already transferred in?!? 

Houses must be dirt cheap over in Gibson County. Gonna have to talk with my wife about taking a peak that way! 

Who are Memorial's new additions this year?? Did both RB's graduate from last year?? 

Is this what high school sports are going to become - the transfer portals?!? I guess if colleges can do it, why shouldn't we??

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jets said:

You mean in addition to the one who already transferred in?!? 

Houses must be dirt cheap over in Gibson County. Gonna have to talk with my wife about taking a peak that way! 

Who are Memorial's new additions this year?? Did both RB's graduate from last year?? 

Is this what high school sports are going to become - the transfer portals?!? I guess if colleges can do it, why shouldn't we??

I heard its all because of Toyota, the job opportunities are bringing so many new families to GS.  😋

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

The Freshman QB last year was an IL transfer.  There is plenty of film out there on him if anyone is concerned.

Ahhh. Bad info. A frosh isn't really a transfer, right? 

BTW, I meant nothing negative with the post at all. I think any HS athlete should be able to transfer whenever and wherever they want. Nobody makes the speech, band or German club kid sit out a year if they transfer. 

2 hours ago, jets said:

All three of our primary RBs graduated. We have a transfer from Central, who came to them from Westfield, but last I heard Central was not releasing him. I hear we also have a transfer from Mater Dei. I suspect nobody on the GID will care about that one.

Transfer portal, school choice, I guess you can call it whatever you want, but why shouldn't a kid be able to attend whatever school he or she wants and fully participate in all extra-curricular activities that help them become well-rounded young adults?  

7 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Correct

Ouch. That has to sting. I wonder if they will try to come back to the SIAC? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tango said:

Ahhh. Bad info. A frosh isn't really a transfer, right? 

BTW, I meant nothing negative with the post at all. I think any HS athlete should be able to transfer whenever and wherever they want. Nobody makes the speech, band or German club kid sit out a year if they transfer. 

No offense taken here, I just enjoy the gossip 🙂 

And, apparently, I can put that career in graphic design on the back burner.

13 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

I heard GS stole him from Memorial.

To be honest, from my view this fall we will be ok...should be a 1 or 2 loss team in regular season and somewhat competitive for sectional.  2023 and 2024 we should be VERY good.

I think you beat Mt. Vernon game 1!  In fact, I'd bet heavily on it.

i know there is still the summer and plenty of competition for the starting spot but I feel like we all know who is going to be under center for Gibson Southern this year lol.  

even if there was some freshman transfer from out of state I think we all got to see the future starter take plenty of Varsity reps during running clocks last year. 

maybe I’m wrong though and I’m sure Coach Hart is going to have plenty of competition across all the available starting spots to have the best kid win…..but QB seems like it’s pretty much locked up imo 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1