Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2022

On 3/11/2022 at 12:03 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

i know there is still the summer and plenty of competition for the starting spot but I feel like we all know who is going to be under center for Gibson Southern this year lol.  

even if there was some freshman transfer from out of state I think we all got to see the future starter take plenty of Varsity reps during running clocks last year. 

maybe I’m wrong though and I’m sure Coach Hart is going to have plenty of competition across all the available starting spots to have the best kid win…..but QB seems like it’s pretty much locked up imo 

I would hate to have to be that guy....the next guy after this guy, sure, but not the one to step in right after #18.  I mean even if you are above average, you aren't going to be #18.

Edited by HHPatriots

5 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I would hate to have to be that guy....the next guy after this guy, sure, but not the one to step in right after #18.  I mean even if you are above average, you aren't going to be #18.

At least for him he has some serious legs and with that he could forge his own path.  

no doubt it’s hard to compare to Brady knowing he can throw it 60+ yards at about 60mph with accuracy but Brady was a tactical scrambler at best….and that’s something the next starter can really take and literally run with. 

I really don’t think we are going to see a GS Qb throw for over 300 times in a season and that definitely helps the next guy up when they have the legs to be a true dual threat QB 

9 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

At least for him he has some serious legs and with that he could forge his own path.  

no doubt it’s hard to compare to Brady knowing he can throw it 60+ yards at about 60mph with accuracy but Brady was a tactical scrambler at best….and that’s something the next starter can really take and literally run with. 

I really don’t think we are going to see a GS Qb throw for over 300 times in a season and that definitely helps the next guy up when they have the legs to be a true dual threat QB 

I think it's worth mention that the offense was significantly modified from what it was in the 7 years BA was not the QB.  We "were" a read option offense before BA.  Obviously for us to deviate from who we were, it took an exceptional pro-style talent to do that.  I think for another pro-style QB to get his foot in the door he would also have to be an exceptional talent.  An athletic running QB,  who can throw, would be a return to more of how the offense was originally intending to operate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I think it's worth mention that the offense was significantly modified from what it was in the 7 years BA was not the QB.  We "were" a read option offense before BA.  Obviously for us to deviate from who we were, it took an exceptional pro-style talent to do that.  I think for another pro-style QB to get his foot in the door he would also have to be an exceptional talent.  An athletic running QB,  who can throw, would be a return to more of how the offense was originally intending to operate.

So to swap back to more of what I'll refer to as a "Sellers Offense" should be fairly easy?

• Haha 1

150 days until kickoff. As of now, my Hatchets are still missing a game in week two. They did the same thing last year following their week one game vs. McLean Co. (KY).

Maybe we're using it as a bye week to get some extra prep before the GS game? Anything we can do to add to the....six total points we've put up on them since joining the PAC.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Maybe I’m missing something but is the HOF new? Or did it really take 20 years to realize Jay Cutler should be in the IFCA HOF lol

You are missing something. For a player to be nominated for the Indiana Hall of Fame he has to have completed his playing career 5 years prior. This is the first year he could be nominated.

2 hours ago, sr1 said:

You are missing something. For a player to be nominated for the Indiana Hall of Fame he has to have completed his playing career 5 years prior. This is the first year he could be nominated.

I didn’t think it would extend beyond the HS level but that definitely explains it. 

12 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I didn’t think it would extend beyond the HS level but that definitely explains it. 

It does. I did not know either. I googled Indiana Football Hall of Fame. Took less than two minutes to find out how it works. Here is part of it:

B. Candidate may qualify by virtue of his/her contribution to Indiana football at the junior high/middle school, high school, college, or professional level.

51 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Hearing that the Cannelton Bulldogs will be starting 8 man football and have landed a stud transfer from Heritage Hills. The Dogs are getting a dynamic athlete and proven football player!

Not this time! LOL

Edited by Titan32
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Hearing that the Cannelton Bulldogs will be starting 8 man football and have landed a stud transfer from Heritage Hills. The Dogs are getting a dynamic athlete and proven football player!

but do they have a Hi-Pod X31?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

This is a bit off topic, but Brady Allen threw a touchdown pass in the Spring Game this past weekend.

Just a Purdue fan happy that a local kid may have a shot at QB in a year or two....Boiler Up! 

He was the only QB to not commit a turnover too lol

considering the top receivers were missing from the game he did pretty good.  

will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Has a shot to be the #2 this year but also could take a redshirt 

8 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Has a shot to be the #2 this year but also could take a redshirt 

I bet he redshirts...hoping for lots of success!

51 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I'm hoping he redshirts.....that will mean more playing down the road.  Hopefully the kid that shows up from Louisiana the following year doesn't change things.  He is apparently a duel threat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

I'm hoping he redshirts.....that will mean more playing down the road.  Hopefully the kid that shows up from Louisiana the following year doesn't change things.  He is apparently a duel threat.

I have my doubts he even makes it to West Lafayette.  He’s in the heart of SEC country and taking visits still to other programs like LSU.  

i wouldn’t worry either way because I think Allen is a perfect fit for Browns offense and think that will be hard to disrupt once things start clicking.  But the whole recruitment of the Louisiana stud is just weird.  But that’s probably a discussion for the college forum 

On 4/11/2022 at 7:00 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I have my doubts he even makes it to West Lafayette.  He’s in the heart of SEC country and taking visits still to other programs like LSU.  

i wouldn’t worry either way because I think Allen is a perfect fit for Browns offense and think that will be hard to disrupt once things start clicking.  But the whole recruitment of the Louisiana stud is just weird.  But that’s probably a discussion for the college forum 

I sure hope he goes with Purdue....but these kids move a bunch now.