Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2022

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

@DTwe already had a PAC discussion thread with plenty of conversation.  

nice of you to start the conversation for all the conferences but some of them were already established 

Got it.  Will delete

On 7/3/2022 at 1:25 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Still think it’s a good idea considering the conversations are often between 5 or so conferences….but like you said the other day…..southern indiana dominates the football talk here lol.  

Hey here are some pac athletes that have  div 1 fcs potential.2023 Jacob bales Gibson southern,2025 Liam Bryant qb Gibson southern, 2023 clay connor Boonville qb but he probably be moved to another position, 2024 Boonville marques Ballard cb, 2023 James wilder lb Boonville, 2024 Mt Vernon qb nicot Burnett,  2025 jed Galvin rb north posey. 2024 rb Gibson southern Sean delong might be able to switch to wr. Any other players in the pac let me know.

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Um….not to be rude….but why are you compiling a list of peoples kids? And why are you asking for more names to just be openly dropped? 

This is a forum for high school football so I try to keep up with top players in the pac and siac specifically.i asked for more names as for recruits who could potentially go somewhere.

3 hours ago, Snadenjr said:

This is a forum for high school football so I try to keep up with top players in the pac and siac specifically.i asked for more names as for recruits who could potentially go somewhere.

Yeahhhh but we usually don’t mention player names explicitly unless it’s talking about a crazy game/season they are having.  

its kinda just that these are 14-18 year old kids mostly.  Better to just use their number when talking about them for the most part.  

i don’t have any kids on any of these teams but some of the people on here do and they may not want you talking about their kid even if you have good intentions.  Just best to use caution when using their full names 

33 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Yeahhhh but we usually don’t mention player names explicitly unless it’s talking about a crazy game/season they are having.  

its kinda just that these are 14-18 year old kids mostly.  Better to just use their number when talking about them for the most part.  

i don’t have any kids on any of these teams but some of the people on here do and they may not want you talking about their kid even if you have good intentions.  Just best to use caution when using their full names 

This is weird so will you say something to ESPN when they  have signing day  on tv, what about when a recruit announces what school he's going to on tv are you going to say something about that.what about these recruit services ranking kids are you going to say something about that to. What about people who do middle school rankings are you going to do something about that to. Your taking it  to far.

11 hours ago, Snadenjr said:

Hey here are some pac athletes that have  div 1 fcs potential.2023 Jacob bales Gibson southern,2025 Liam Bryant qb Gibson southern, 2023 clay connor Boonville qb but he probably be moved to another position, 2024 Boonville marques Ballard cb, 2023 James wilder lb Boonville, 2024 Mt Vernon qb nicot Burnett,  2025 jed Galvin rb north posey. 2024 rb Gibson southern Sean delong might be able to switch to wr. Any other players in the pac let me know.

Sean DeLong might be better characterized at ATH, as he will again this season (similar to last) play RB and WR and some defense as well.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Snadenjr said:

This is weird so will you say something to ESPN when they  have signing day  on tv, what about when a recruit announces what school he's going to on tv are you going to say something about that.what about these recruit services ranking kids are you going to say something about that to. What about people who do middle school rankings are you going to do something about that to. Your taking it  to far.

But we are not espn or reporters….we are just adults who follow high school sports.  

and only about 5-10 in the entire state of Indiana will have the possibility for that type of media coverage.  Last year was one of the deepest classes indiana has produced and I believe there were 8 consensus 4star recruits 

like I said…just use caution.  It’s just the unwritten rules of this forum.  

regarding the middle school rankings….those rankings are largely just money grab services that get parents of middle schoolers to pay money for a regional camp.  The only people who are looking at middle school rankings are friends/family/community of a kid who is on the list. These services are often ones that have like 10k followers on Twitter and just retweet news of a kid with their own graphics.  

to put it into perspective….rivals and 24/7 (the two leading recruiting sites) often don’t even have more than a handful of freshman ranked….sophomores would be only 5stars/some 4stars….and then finally during their junior years and into their senior years….at this point is when you will start to see these sites actually listing more kids from a state.

to use a false equivalency when there is plenty of precedent on this forum and outside of this forum…now that is weird. 

7 minutes ago, footballguru said:

Just played Gibson Southern in 7v7 really talented on offense I look forward to keeping up with you guys throughout the season. Good Luck this year.

I saw that they won the consolation championship for the tournament you must have been at.  4-2 yesterday in pool play, lost the first game today but rallied together and put together a few wins.

I’m not around the team anymore but I get the feeling this group will be one that has to battle through adversity and not make mistakes more than what they have had in the past 

38 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I saw that they won the consolation championship for the tournament you must have been at.  4-2 yesterday in pool play, lost the first game today but rallied together and put together a few wins.

I’m not around the team anymore but I get the feeling this group will be one that has to battle through adversity and not make mistakes more than what they have had in the past 

Yeah we played them in the championship and they are really well coached. I know they lost a QB to graduation who was a stud but the QB taking snaps looks very promising

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, footballguru said:

Yeah we played them in the championship and they are really well coached. I know they lost a QB to graduation who was a stud but the QB taking snaps looks very promising

Coach Hart is one of the best young coaches around and he is a helluva QB guru too.  

20 hours ago, footballguru said:

So were you coaching for Christian County?

3 minutes ago, footballguru said:

Yes sir.

Quite a few athletes on that squad.  The WR with the bumb knee is probably hard to handle healthy.  Do you remember any of the GS kids that stood out to you?

Just now, Titan32 said:

Quite a few athletes on that squad.  The WR with the bumb knee is probably hard to handle healthy.  Do you remember any of the GS kids that stood out to you?

Love the Banjo call lol.