Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2022

On 7/16/2022 at 2:10 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I saw that they won the consolation championship for the tournament you must have been at.  4-2 yesterday in pool play, lost the first game today but rallied together and put together a few wins.

I’m not around the team anymore but I get the feeling this group will be one that has to battle through adversity and not make mistakes more than what they have had in the past 

They might not have enough Friday night lights experience for everyones liking , but this group is going to be fine on both sides of the rock. They’ve been sitting in the wings the past 2 yrs waiting for their turn while taking care of their business at the JV level. 

On 7/14/2022 at 11:44 PM, tango said:

I like GS chances to get back to LOS.

Dunno, they may need to widen the doors at LOS to get us GS fans' heads through after last year. Might need to play it in the front lot if we're fortunate enough to get that far.

Do they have a back entrance with big overhead doors? 😉

Honestly I think it is back to business at the Jewel. Everyone seems to be focused on what is in front of him, trying to win that roster spot and/or do the best they can for whatever role they can fill for the team. Most of this group were back in the gym December 1st knowing they had big cleats to fill and only a few months to prepare. I think we'll have a very competitive team. We'll run a tough gauntlet of games up front that I hope we can come through not only healthy, but with a good mindset no matter if it is a 3-1 start or a 1-3 start. New leadership will be an important factor in determining the trajectory of that mindset if things start a little rough around the edges with all the new parts being plugged in.

I believe this team has it in them to make a good run. How far? We'll see this fall 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Quite a few athletes on that squad.  The WR with the bumb knee is probably hard to handle healthy.  Do you remember any of the GS kids that stood out to you?

Love the Banjo call lol.

Thank you, he’s definitely a load just gotta get him healthy. I can’t say one but man the WRs were just so on time with the route running and knowing where to be as a whole. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, footballguru said:

Thank you, he’s definitely a load just gotta get him healthy. I can’t say one but man the WRs were just so on time with the route running and knowing where to be as a whole. 

Didn't you say you were going to be moving to Southwest Indiana?

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Last one? Have you really gone through and interviewed pretty much every other coach? 

The coaches aren't responding this year.  I think we have reached a point of over saturation in high school football coverage.  Too many demands on the coaches time for interviews and features from too many different newspapers, magazines, radio stations, websites, etc.  They are simply overwhelmed.  Its one of the reasons why we have a 20% coaching turnover rate.  Too many demands on their time.  

3 minutes ago, DT said:

The coaches aren't responding this year.  I think we have reached a point of over saturation in high school football coverage.  Too many demands on the coaches time for interviews and features from too many different newspapers, magazines, radio stations, websites, etc.  They are simply overwhelmed.  Its one of the reasons why we have a 20% coaching turnover rate.  Too many demands on their time.  

Especially this time of year when things are ramping up to the start of the season.  I can imagine many coaches just don’t want to put the time towards any more interviews.  

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Especially this time of year when things are ramping up to the start of the season.  I can imagine many coaches just don’t want to put the time towards any more interviews.  

I certainly cant blame them.  They deserve some off time.  

6 minutes ago, DT said:

I thought he gave very thoughtful responses.  I enjoyed the read.

Just now, Titan32 said:

I thought he gave very thoughtful responses.  I enjoyed the read.

I agree.  I think he will be a nice upgrade for Forest Park, and that's good for The PAC.  

16 minutes ago, DT said:

I agree.  I think he will be a nice upgrade for Forest Park, and that's good for The PAC.  

He also has a fighting chance now with the new PAC 

expanding the conference and splitting it into 2 divisions has been the best decision ever made by the PAC imo.

for Context…only the Circle City Conference had more team state titles this year with 6.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

He also has a fighting chance now with the new PAC 

expanding the conference and splitting it into 2 divisions has been the best decision ever made by the PAC imo.

for Context…only the Circle City Conference had more team state titles this year with 6.  

When does Tecumseh become an official member?

4 minutes ago, DT said:

When does Tecumseh become an official member?

End of 2023 according to the interview you did last month with their head coach.  They were already a member for all other sports.  But after this year they will officially be back for football 

10 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

End of 2023 according to the interview you did last month with their head coach.  They were already a member for all other sports.  But after this year they will officially be back for football 

I believe that will make 7 schools in the small division and 6 in the large.  Who are candidates to balance out the divisions?

Just now, DT said:

I believe that will make 7 schools in the small division and 6 in the large.  Who are candidates to balance out the divisions?

Well Vincennes came up for vote and was unanimously voted against..

49 minutes ago, DT said:

Why the vote against in your opinion?

From a fans perspective

the SIAC and PAC are rival conferences….And Vincennes chose to go to the SIAC…and now after 2 years of them struggling across the board they are like “this is too hard. We want to go to the PAC”

So you have the PAC members who very much believe we are on par or better than the SIAC depending on the sport….and you have a school basically saying “the PAC is easier” but asking to join….why would they let them join? 

They made their bed and they can sleep in it lol 

25 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

From a fans perspective

the SIAC and PAC are rival conferences….And Vincennes chose to go to the SIAC…and now after 2 years of them struggling across the board they are like “this is too hard. We want to go to the PAC”

So you have the PAC members who very much believe we are on par or better than the SIAC depending on the sport….and you have a school basically saying “the PAC is easier” but asking to join….why would they let them join? 

They made their bed and they can sleep in it lol 

You don't really believe that pac football is anywhere near on par with the level they play in the SIAC?

11 minutes ago, DT said:

You don't really believe that pac football is anywhere near on par with the level they play in the SIAC?

My argument is consistent on this

the top teams in each conference each year are not that far off and depending on the year, it could be that a PAC team is the best team or it could be a SIAC team 

The argument used to be that the SIAC was better than both the PAC and BIG 8….and the BIG 8 always claimed they were better than the PAC too 

post merger and the only big 8 school making a major impact is Jasper….and they are a combined 16-2 in conference play after 2 years and swept the SIAC last year. 

The gap isn’t that big between the two