Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2022

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I've missed the local discussion being abroad... 

Any talks of bringing Perry Central into the small division or Wood Memorial, then bumping Southridge up to the big division? 

Ummm. Wood Memorial? Where to begin… 

I wouldn’t say you ‘missed’ it. But it was a whole thing. 

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

It’s dead…they claim due to lost password.  Therefore the old site will never be updated to reflect the changes (big small).

Tyler Lemen was a few grades younger than me. If I see him, I'll bring it up. I think they just rely so much on social media and email now.

image.thumb.png.e76cb1827dc4af656c7bfe2d577afed7.png

Could everyone post or link to the highest resolution possible version of their current football circular logo in the PAC?

PNG graphic (not a photo) with transparency (no background color) is preferred. 🙂

Small School Division
Forest Park
North Posey
Pike Central
Southridge
South Spencer
Tecumseh
Tell City

Big School Division
Boonville
Gibson Southern
Heritage Hills
Mount Vernon (Posey)
Princeton
Washington

On 7/25/2022 at 1:37 PM, Titan32 said:

Mt. Vernon will tell you that they will take another step forward.

Will be tough for Mt. Vernon to repeat last year.  On the roster, we will only have 4 seniors, which creates problems.  6-3 would be an awesome year, but will be tough to get to that mark.  The following year should be better because the junior class is talented with better numbers.  

Seems that you take some shots at Mt. Vernon.  By my count, GS outscored us 103-22 last year.  Guess I don't understand why so sour about that?

27 minutes ago, Wildcat 1 said:

Will be tough for Mt. Vernon to repeat last year.  On the roster, we will only have 4 seniors, which creates problems.  6-3 would be an awesome year, but will be tough to get to that mark.  The following year should be better because the junior class is talented with better numbers.  

Seems that you take some shots at Mt. Vernon.  By my count, GS outscored us 103-22 last year.  Guess I don't understand why so sour about that?

No shots at all really.  Our players had some interesting run ins with the staff last year....and some stuff said on their radio show was pretty interesting.  Other than that I am happy Mt. Vernon has turned the ship.  The more top 15 teams in our conference...the better we will all be.

40 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Could everyone post or link to the highest resolution possible version of their current football circular logo in the PAC?

PNG graphic (not a photo) with transparency (no background color) is preferred. 🙂

Small School Division
Forest Park
North Posey
Pike Central
Southridge
South Spencer
Tecumseh
Tell City

Big School Division
Boonville
Gibson Southern
Heritage Hills
Mount Vernon (Posey)
Princeton
Washington

41 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Small School Division
Forest Park
North Posey
Pike Central
Southridge
South Spencer
Tecumseh
Tell City

Big School Division
Boonville
Gibson Southern
Heritage Hills
Mount Vernon (Posey)
Princeton
Washington

GS.jpg.JPG

Edited by Titan32

I feel that we are more than satisfied with the type of people that are coaching our kids.  There is a nice blend of youth and experience on the staff.   Sometimes I think we can all be guilty of having perceptions of people or certain schools.  I Try hard not to do that. 

Not sure about the stuff said on the radio show.  I'm pretty sure the people here understand that there is a gap between Gibson Southern and MV.  That is not difficult to understand.  

The most frustrating thing about our athletic programs across the board at MV is numbers.  We might have a really good class, followed by one that is not good, or has low numbers.  We have more gaps than a place like GS or HH.  Demographics probably play a big factor in that.   Is what it is.

• Like 2

Just now, Wildcat 1 said:

I feel that we are more than satisfied with the type of people that are coaching our kids.  There is a nice blend of youth and experience on the staff.   Sometimes I think we can all be guilty of having perceptions of people or certain schools.  I Try hard not to do that. 

Not sure about the stuff said on the radio show.  I'm pretty sure the people here understand that there is a gap between Gibson Southern and MV.  That is not difficult to understand.  

The most frustrating thing about our athletic programs across the board at MV is numbers.  We might have a really good class, followed by one that is not good, or has low numbers.  We have more gaps than a place like GS or HH.  Demographics probably play a big factor in that.   Is what it is.

You guys are getting traction!  Making football sexy is half the battle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wildcat 1 said:

HH has gone through class size fluctuations. 

I believe that Southridge is one of the few PAC schools with consistently growing class sizes. 

10 hours ago, Wildcat 1 said:

Will be tough for Mt. Vernon to repeat last year.  On the roster, we will only have 4 seniors

NP has 2 seniors, so in Posey County we have 6 seniors playing football. That amazes me… 

18 minutes ago, Cappy said:

NP has 2 seniors, so in Posey County we have 6 seniors playing football. That amazes me… 

That’s bad. Really. 

3 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

HH has gone through class size fluctuations. 

I believe that Southridge is one of the few PAC schools with consistently growing class sizes. 

Just curious- what’s the smallest senior football class at HH in recent memory?

1 hour ago, Wildcat 1 said:

That’s bad. Really. 

Just curious- what’s the smallest senior football class at HH in recent memory?

HH has had many small senior classes.  The way the do things they only need 11 kids.

10 hours ago, Titan32 said:

HH has had many small senior classes.  The way the do things they only need 11 kids.

Sure.  Their track record would indicate that.  Numbers do matter, however.  If they did not, then there wouldn't be a need for class sports, especially football.

• Like 1

Sure.  Their track record would indicate that.  Numbers do matter, however.  If they did not, then there wouldn't be a need for class sports, especially football.

I think more than anything, Heritage Hills makes it work because they have multiple generations of highly successful, very disciplined teams running pretty much the same schemes that only vary a little bit.  

these kids grow up learning the system…their parents ran the same system…might even have some grandparents soon (if not already) who also ran the same system back in the day.  

it’s almost like their team chemistry is inherited.  There are a lot of things you can point out about HH but the one thing that always stood out to me was seeing 10 players in perfect sync drop down to the 3 point stance before the QB takes the ball.  It’s a pretty small thing but for some reason it always left an impression on me to see a team do that little thing just right…you just see everyone drop into their stance and you know in a second or two it’s go time 

Really about the smallest number of seniors that I can recall in recent history is about 8.  Next year's senor class will likely be a very small one maybe less than 8.  Like has already been mentioned, it really hasn't mattered, at least historically speaking.  When necessary, Clayton would move a 160 lb Junior to Guard and tell him to commit homicide and the kid would do just that. 

Things are different now, offense is different, it is much more complex now, pro set, flex bone, yadda yadda....I'm just a crusty old guy that says get your guys in the most ridiculous shape possible and pound the ball down the throat with the wishbone.  We used to be conditioned to have 15 or so guys do it all, because we had to.  But I'm dated and everything is different. That is not a shot at any person or system at HH, I love the staff, it is just different and some of us have a tendency to live in the past--so don't interpret any of that as some kind of slam.  

Speaking of past, I know a grad from HH 30 years ago that went into the Marine Corps and said that boot camp was a joke next to Clayton's practices.  That is NOT a shot at the Marines, so please don't go down that road.  With that said, I'm confident that Bob wouldn't be able to coach today in the current culture...it is a different time.

When you talk about team chemistry being in the DNA, it unfortunately isn't.  We need our swagger back, I'm hoping that comes back soon.  Many on this forum have no idea what HH football was 2 decades ago, that swagger just ain't there--but again, I'm hopeful that it will return.  Personally, in the last 35 years, I have not seen ANY high school football team with the attitude of the late 80s - late 2000s Patriots, and may never again.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Many on this forum have no idea what HH football was 2 decades ago, that swagger just ain't there--but again, I'm hopeful that it will return.  Personally, in the last 35 years, I have not seen ANY high school football team with the attitude of the late 80s - late 2000s Patriots, and may never again.

I mean….I’m 27 so 2 decades ago yeah I had no idea about HH or even Gibson  Southern 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Really about the smallest number of seniors that I can recall in recent history is about 8.  Next year's senor class will likely be a very small one maybe less than 8.  Like has already been mentioned, it really hasn't mattered, at least historically speaking.  When necessary, Clayton would move a 160 lb Junior to Guard and tell him to commit homicide and the kid would do just that. 

Things are different now, offense is different, it is much more complex now, pro set, flex bone, yadda yadda....I'm just a crusty old guy that says get your guys in the most ridiculous shape possible and pound the ball down the throat with the wishbone.  We used to be conditioned to have 15 or so guys do it all, because we had to.  But I'm dated and everything is different. That is not a shot at any person or system at HH, I love the staff, it is just different and some of us have a tendency to live in the past--so don't interpret any of that as some kind of slam.  

Speaking of past, I know a grad from HH 30 years ago that went into the Marine Corps and said that boot camp was a joke next to Clayton's practices.  That is NOT a shot at the Marines, so please don't go down that road.  With that said, I'm confident that Bob wouldn't be able to coach today in the current culture...it is a different time.

When you talk about team chemistry being in the DNA, it unfortunately isn't.  We need our swagger back, I'm hoping that comes back soon.  Many on this forum have no idea what HH football was 2 decades ago, that swagger just ain't there--but again, I'm hopeful that it will return.  Personally, in the last 35 years, I have not seen ANY high school football team with the attitude of the late 80s - late 2000s Patriots, and may never again.

Interesting perspective.  Much of what you said does make sense.  Everything changes for a variety of reasons.  HH was so good for so long, that I might be difficult to ever get back to that level.  So many things have to be in place.

To me GS is now in that type of position.   Talent, good staff, and a community that appears to be thriving.  No disrespect to HH, MV, Boonville, Southridge or anyone else, but I feel the gap is fairly significant.   They graduated a lot.  However, I don't think that most people understand how good they will be again.   Go back 10-15 years ago, that was not the case, and I'm sure many reasons why.  They are really in a position to dominate much like HH did during that time span. 

Interesting perspective.  Much of what you said does make sense.  Everything changes for a variety of reasons.  HH was so good for so long, that I might be difficult to ever get back to that level.  So many things have to be in place.

To me GS is now in that type of position.   Talent, good staff, and a community that appears to be thriving.  No disrespect to HH, MV, Boonville, Southridge or anyone else, but I feel the gap is fairly significant.   They graduated a lot.  However, I don't think that most people understand how good they will be again.   Go back 10-15 years ago, that was not the case, and I'm sure many reasons why.  They are really in a position to dominate much like HH did during that time span. 

Agreed, no doubt they (GS) are in a great spot.  Success breeds success.  Until last year, they really hadn't really brought much home...a couple regionals, and a sectional (or something like that).  For the last 4 years, just couldn't make that hurdle of sectional until last year where it rolled all the way through LOS.  However, with this huge success, in my opinion, GS is going to have many years of success.  May even have that coveted opportunity to get their butts kicked by Chatard once or twice (if Chatard stays in 3A).  DumfriesYMCA and Titan32, please see that has playful prodding, kind of....you have had the experience once, you will get it again.  It is frustrating.....we are 1-7 against them (I think) and some of those games were horribly close.  They are 1 of just a couple teams in the state that have a winning record against us.

Bottom line is GS will be a steamroller for a while with no end in sight.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

You're honestly the second former player who I have heard say this... Other was ZM, who was 11B and served in Afghanistan, Iraq or both... Thank you for your service! Crazy if true. I guess Clayton never made us swim though... he did enjoy watching dam runs at Lincoln Park or in CLV during "senior conditioning."

7 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Agreed, no doubt they (GS) are in a great spot.  Success breeds success.  Until last year, they really hadn't really brought much home...a couple regionals, and a sectional (or something like that).  For the last 4 years, just couldn't make that hurdle of sectional until last year where it rolled all the way through LOS.  However, with this huge success, in my opinion, GS is going to have many years of success.  May even have that coveted opportunity to get their butts kicked by Chatard once or twice (if Chatard stays in 3A).  DumfriesYMCA and Titan32, please see that has playful prodding, kind of....you have had the experience once, you will get it again.  It is frustrating.....we are 1-7 against them (I think) and some of those games were horribly close.  They are 1 of just a couple teams in the state that have a winning record against us.

Bottom line is GS will be a steamroller for a while with no end in sight.....

Maybe.  The goal every year is a conference championship and then win the sectional.

I just don’t want to take it for granted with just how special last years team was and the run they had and turn that into expecting that from every class in the near future 

At least for me….it’s not lost on me that roughly 6/7 kids from last years team are going to be playing collegiately.  1 D1, 3 D2? And then another 2/3+ guys will be playing D3.

it was an incredible amount of talent and hard work put in by that class and they had to absolutely fight tooth and nail against Brebeuf and Lawrenceburg who were both top 5 3A teams 

im sure the current team knows it won’t be easy and is up for the challenge though and I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays out. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA