Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2022

Here is my take on the "concern" some may have with the media, and the papers, and the talk by some of the players and coaches at HH.  Yes there has been quite a bit of talk about the importance of the Mt. Vernon game.  Yes it may be putting a bit of pressure on the HH players and staff to back up the talk.  But in a program like HH there is pressure on every game to win.  That pressure is called expectations!  Expectations from the staff, expectations from the community, expectations from the players, the expectation to win every game.  That is what builds programs into dominant programs......expectations of being great.  The past two season HH has started their season 0-1 after week one!!  So in my opinion, players and coaches are talking this week about Mt. Vernon, and the importance of winning that game.  The next week if they are asked they will be talking about Tell City!!  It is what it is....new week, new opponent and the expectation to win that game.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Patriot74 said:

Here is my take on the "concern" some may have with the media, and the papers, and the talk by some of the players and coaches at HH.  Yes there has been quite a bit of talk about the importance of the Mt. Vernon game.  Yes it may be putting a bit of pressure on the HH players and staff to back up the talk.  But in a program like HH there is pressure on every game to win.  That pressure is called expectations!  Expectations from the staff, expectations from the community, expectations from the players, the expectation to win every game.  That is what builds programs into dominant programs......expectations of being great.  The past two season HH has started their season 0-1 after week one!!  So in my opinion, players and coaches are talking this week about Mt. Vernon, and the importance of winning that game.  The next week if they are asked they will be talking about Tell City!!  It is what it is....new week, new opponent and the expectation to win that game.  

Bingo.  Well said.  

4 hours ago, Patriot74 said:

Totally agree, it is the expectation every year.  This year seems a bit different and almost weird with the media, but again, it is all good.

We like the stat that we have won more PAC championships than the rest of the PAC combined since HH has been a school.....we don't want to lose that...I totally get it.  Again, things seem different.....normally that expectation stays in the family for a few weeks, it doesn't need to be conveyed because, historically speaking, it will get proved out as we move through the next several weeks.  

Again, none of our thoughts on here really matter......let's just go win some games.

32 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Awesome moment prior to the HH / Mt Vernon game!  Blake Duttlinger, injured in a farming accident last September, led the Patriots onto the field.  Incredible!

image.png.06921159daa1cda56400cb15bb4af35c.png

Very Cool, Indeed! Awesome.    

As far as the game, congrats to HH.  Better team tonight.  MV made too many basic mistakes that can't be made to beat a good team.  Hopefully, learn and move on, and get better.

• Like 1

AD255EE5-284E-4F57-AFD8-EA11BBE6687F.thumb.jpeg.b16aab6d67f829578428400fdb3f6587.jpeg

After 1 week.

For Gibson Southern… Glad the group was tested heavily and for 4 quarters…Early on big plays hurt GS but the defense cleaned things up as the game went on… I think this was a game where both teams are glad they scheduled it and a lot was learned last night. 

Biggest takeaway from the stat sheet

Tanner Boyd is that dude. Never easy replacing a successful QB from previous years…let alone Brady Allen…Kid came out and showed everyone he doesn’t need to be like anyone else. 23-29 for 180 yards and 2TDs….and then he put up another 130 yards on the ground for another 2TDs.  

I think it’s pretty darn impressive what he did last night in his first career start.  On the road, 5A school, 4 Qtrs of a dogfight with a clutch drive to finish the game off with a W…I think if anyone had questions at QB or how the offense was going to be run…he answered them last night 

• Like 4

On 8/20/2022 at 11:00 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

AD255EE5-284E-4F57-AFD8-EA11BBE6687F.thumb.jpeg.b16aab6d67f829578428400fdb3f6587.jpeg

After 1 week.

For Gibson Southern… Glad the group was tested heavily and for 4 quarters…Early on big plays hurt GS but the defense cleaned things up as the game went on… I think this was a game where both teams are glad they scheduled it and a lot was learned last night. 

Biggest takeaway from the stat sheet

Tanner Boyd is that dude. Never easy replacing a successful QB from previous years…let alone Brady Allen…Kid came out and showed everyone he doesn’t need to be like anyone else. 23-29 for 180 yards and 2TDs….and then he put up another 130 yards on the ground for another 2TDs.  

I think it’s pretty darn impressive what he did last night in his first career start.  On the road, 5A school, 4 Qtrs of a dogfight with a clutch drive to finish the game off with a W…I think if anyone had questions at QB or how the offense was going to be run…he answered them last night 

Tanner done what he has done even since putting on Titan jersey, now everyone seen him do it under the Friday Night Lights 

On 8/20/2022 at 11:00 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:On the road, 5A school, 4 Qtrs of a dogfight with a clutch drive to finish the game off with a W…I think if anyone had questions at QB or how the offense was going to be run…he answered them last night 

I agree Tanner had a great game!

surprised to see a “dogfight”

with THS … only 2 seasons in which they won more games than they lost in the last 28 years.

I was way off in thinking GS would hang 60 plus on South and South might get a score or two in mop up time.

Regardless of THS being 5A

…3A GS is well above THS in quality of total program. 

have no clue on what to expect with New Albany but believe GS can win by 2-3 scores

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 1:05 AM, Wildcat 1 said:

Very Cool, Indeed! Awesome.    

As far as the game, congrats to HH.  Better team tonight.  MV made too many basic mistakes that can't be made to beat a good team.  Hopefully, learn and move on, and get better.

I expected Nicot to be a challenge for HH with his legs

His early 62 yard TD run 4 minutes into the game on MV first possession was typical… spread the field and take off…. Glad HH adjusted and Nicot only gained 72 yds for the remainder of game. 
Both teams had some self inflicted sloppy penalties and few mistakes that can be rectified. 
don’t see any difficulty for either MV or HH with the ensuing week… both teams ought to be able to get some of the 2’s and 3’s opportunities to get varsity experience 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, PAC FAN said:

with THS … only 2 seasons in which they won more games than they lost in the last 28 years.

I was way off in thinking GS would hang 60 plus on South and South might get a score or two in mop up time.

have no clue on what to expect with New Albany but believe GS can win by 2-3 scores

I’m not going to lie….it was a little too close for comfort.  What THS did have was size and speed.  That Cottee kid is a grown man amongst boys lol 

I think it showed that GS had a lot of inexperience and there were 3 freshman who saw playing time I believe, maybe 4…some growing pains but you’ll have that on week 1.  

end of the day….GS can play all the 5A and 6A schools they want and we will still measure them by how they do against Heritage Hills lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PAC FAN said:

After watching film I wasn't surprised by THS.  With more discipline that could be a very good team.  They have some dudes.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

After watching film I wasn't surprised by THS.  With more discipline that could be a very good team.  They have some dudes.

11 penalties for like 90 yards.  Unforced ones too of unsportsmanlikes and jumping offsides a number of times. 

also their punt team with bad snaps and bad punts

If they didn’t have those mistakes, they very well could have won the game. 

19 minutes ago, Titan_Glory said:

For starting 3-4 freshmen on Friday, that is a very impressive win. That THS running back is a STUD! Hopefully the Titans will be able to handle the speed and athleticism from New Albany. Does anyone know if New Albany has any dudes?

I think only 1 got the official start and the others rotated in throughout the game…but still impressive.  Impressive to have this many freshman earning varsity time under Coach Hart.  

as for New Albany…..it’s a big mystery.

99AA2859-6A0D-42C4-8B67-147D46D24BE9.thumb.jpeg.f02a0a07ddac0f6884f3adc6e00a55de.jpeg

looking at last years game….it was very senior dominant…for what GS has seen of them, only 3 kids on offense who combined for 10 yards total last year are returning.  So i guess whatever there is of film this year is about all we have to go off of.  They graduated a lot of their playmakers 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think only 1 got the official start and the others rotated in throughout the game…but still impressive.  Impressive to have this many freshman earning varsity time under Coach Hart.  

as for New Albany…..it’s a big mystery.

99AA2859-6A0D-42C4-8B67-147D46D24BE9.thumb.jpeg.f02a0a07ddac0f6884f3adc6e00a55de.jpeg

looking at last years game….it was very senior dominant…for what GS has seen of them, only 3 kids on offense who combined for 10 yards total last year are returning.  So i guess whatever there is of film this year is about all we have to go off of.  They graduated a lot of their playmakers 

GS 34-13 over NA

On 8/22/2022 at 8:37 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m not going to lie….it was a little too close for comfort.  What THS did have was size and speed.  That Cottee kid is a grown man amongst boys lol 

I think it showed that GS had a lot of inexperience and there were 3 freshman who saw playing time I believe, maybe 4…some growing pains but you’ll have that on week 1.  

end of the day….GS can play all the 5A and 6A schools they want and we will still measure them by how they do against Heritage Hills lol

Ditto on GS vs HH

that is the huge respect to two high quality conference opponents that put tremendous efforts into the “program” at each respective school… add the tremendous booster/community support that these schools receive…and you get the “measuring stick”

side note…. See that the Allen family moved to Santa Claus…. Dang just a few years too late…. They have any more kids coming up the pipeline?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PAC FAN said:

Ditto on GS vs HH

that is the huge respect to two high quality conference opponents that put tremendous efforts into the “program” at each respective school… add the tremendous booster/community support that these schools receive…and you get the “measuring stick”

side note…. See that the Allen family moved to Santa Claus…. Dang just a few years too late…. They have any more kids coming up the pipeline?

If Brady has a little brother he better be able to double as a Safety!!!

3 hours ago, PAC FAN said:

Ditto on GS vs HH

They want to be closer to the Grandbaby.  No more Allen kids....at least for 15 years or so.  Grant (Brady's older brother) is engaged and living in Spencer County I think.

5 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It appears from the media guide and the photos I took that there were three freshman starters.  

Offense - LG
Defense - DT, S

There may have been another rotate in at some point, but I can't say for sure.

23 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

It appears from the media guide and the photos I took that there were three freshman starters.  

Offense - LG
Defense - DT, S

A freshman starting at DT?  That guy must be an animal.  We started one freshman at S.....actually led the team in tackles Friday night.

1 hour ago, HHPatriots said:

A freshman starting at DT?  That guy must be an animal.  We started one freshman at S.....actually led the team in tackles Friday night.

Remember the animal of a DT GS had from 2013 to 2015? Well he has a younger brother lol  

Assuming I got the right kid….but idk who else it could be.  

His brother I believe played 3 years on DL and started some his freshman year on the OL.  Maxpreps shows that he finished with 71 TFL 9 forced fumbles, 2 blocked punts, and 15.5 sacks in 3 years on the DL…which is even crazier when you think back to how much easier the schedule was from 2013-2015….probably 90% of those games were running clocks so he probably only played the first half of most of those 3 years 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Offense - LG
Defense - DT, S

Yeah I was under the impression the 2 on defense would be platooning in and out.  But happy for both!  It’s not easy getting varsity starts under hart as freshman 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

2 hours ago, Cappy said:

This weeks games

image.png.1812ce1cbea3909ff4bd4a7c61a54aa9.png

I'll go with

Perry Central

Heritage Hills

Gibson Southern

Tecumseh

North Posey

Mount Vernon

Southridge