Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

Recommended Posts

PAC returning ALL Conference players for 2022

Large School division selections by position

Offensive line:   Abe Thomas (Mount Vernon) Jr OL/DL, 

End:  

Quarterback: Nicot Burnett (Mount Vernon) JR, Clay Conner (Boonville)SR

Running back: Sean DeLong (Gibson Southern)JR

Kicker: 

Defensive line:  Ty Whitledge (Gibson Southern)SR, Reece Wilder (Boonville)SR

Inside linebacker:  Ethan Yarber (Mount Vernon)SR

Outside linebacker:  Braydon Durham (Heritage Hills)SR

Defensive back:  

Punter: 

Honorable mention:  Rueben Gutierrez (Washington) OL/DL SR, Kaleb Ice (Princeton) WR/DB SR,
Jayce Perkins (Washington) RB/OLB JR


Small School division selections by position

Offensive line:  Isaac Wittman (South Spencer)SR , Alex Stiff (Tell City)SR, 

End: 

Quarterback: 

Running back: Jed Galvin (North Posey)So

Kicker: 

Defensive end: 

Linebacker: Reid Schroeder (Southridge)SR

Defensive back: Braden Howald (Pike Central)SR

Punter: Kyle Olmstead (South Spencer)SR

Honorable mention: Liam Stone (North Posey)QB JR, Jackson Graff (North Posey)WR JR, Yamil Arroyo (Southridge)RB/OLB JR, Tyler Fetter (Forest Park)RB So, Trent Cail (Tell City)RB/LB So

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Track Sectional with PAC teams last night.

Gibson Southern won the sectional 31 team title.

Michael Herren from Gibson Southern won the 100 (11.24), 200 (22.64) and was on the winning 4x100 team (3 of 4 and (maybe/hopefully all 4) are GS football players this fall).  (44.68) Left to right Daniel Thomas, Sean DeLong, Michael Herren, Mason Scheller (all sophomores).

image.thumb.png.46417ed20864a06081a8b5753b7f79b2.png

Final Team Standings - Top 3

1. Gibson Southern 166

2. Princeton 153

3. South Knox 84

GS athletes who advance to Regional are listed!! Congrats to all athletes & coaches on a great night!!

image.thumb.png.03e2354c72eb40777360382e22fbc724.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Track Sectional with PAC teams last night.

Gibson Southern won the sectional 31 team title.

Michael Herren from Gibson Southern won the 100 (11.24), 200 (22.64) and was on the winning 4x100 team (3 of 4 and (maybe/hopefully all 4) are GS football players this fall).  (44.68) Left to right Daniel Thomas, Sean DeLong, Michael Herren, Mason Scheller (all sophomores).

image.thumb.png.46417ed20864a06081a8b5753b7f79b2.png

Final Team Standings - Top 3

1. Gibson Southern 166

2. Princeton 153

3. South Knox 84

GS athletes who advance to Regional are listed!! Congrats to all athletes & coaches on a great night!!

image.thumb.png.03e2354c72eb40777360382e22fbc724.png

I should mention that GS was also conference champs in Track.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Good interview except for one little thing

 

paraphrased “all of our non freshman were in a weightlifting class this semester….so nobody has to run a before or after school program for the HS guys”

 

Like….it’s going to be very difficult to win the PAC and go deep in the tournament if you don’t have a serious strength and conditioning program. Lifting for a class with a few teammates is not even remotely close to lifting with 40+ of your teammates at 6am 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Good interview except for one little thing

Like….it’s going to be very difficult to win the PAC and go deep in the tournament if you don’t have a serious strength and conditioning program. Lifting for a class with a few teammates is not even remotely close to lifting with 40+ of your teammates at 6am 

Luke coached (and played) at Southridge. He knows what it takes to run a successful program. 

also, the weightlifting class was for the spring semester only. There is a more serious 6:00am program throughout the summer. Don't forget, 5 years ago, Mt Vernon was an 0-10 team. Last year they went 8-2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Just heard the unfortunate news regarding Boonville, prayers and thoughts for Gage McCoy.

Prayers for family, friends and the community.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Quiet on here in the PAC.  I'm sure everyone has had some OTA's and maybe some 7 on 7 practice, summer weights etc.  How are we looking?

The Patriots are feeling good.  Feeling VERY young but good.  That is the problem with a young bear, they are the most dangerous because they haven't been whooped yet....what happens to them after they get whooped.....that is when you see what you actually have.  

It is always fun when an incoming freshman takes his first hit from a man (a varsity defense) and how he reacts to that.

How's things in Ft. Branch?  

Edited by HHPatriots
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

The Patriots are feeling good.  Feeling VERY young but good.  That is the problem with a young bear, they are the most dangerous because they haven't been whooped yet....what happens to them after they get whooped.....that is when you see what you actually have.  

It is always fun when an incoming freshman takes his first hit from a man (a varsity defense) and how he reacts to that.

How's things in Ft. Branch?  

I would say behind schedule a little.  Normally have more open fields and the like but so many multiple sport athletes made that nearly impossible.  Very young in terms of varsity experience on defense.  Having a QB competition is honestly a bit of a hiderence as well, that said both kids can throw how we need them to throw.  The questions will get answered when pads go on as they always do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I would say behind schedule a little.  Normally have more open fields and the like but so many multiple sport athletes made that nearly impossible.  Very young in terms of varsity experience on defense.  Having a QB competition is honestly a bit of a hiderence as well, that said both kids can throw how we need them to throw.  The questions will get answered when pads go on as they always do.

Sounds like the younger fella is making good progress if he is pushing a competition.  

might slow things down now but it only betters both kids 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I would say behind schedule a little.  Normally have more open fields and the like but so many multiple sport athletes made that nearly impossible.  Very young in terms of varsity experience on defense.  Having a QB competition is honestly a bit of a hiderence as well, that said both kids can throw how we need them to throw.  The questions will get answered when pads go on as they always do.

We also have a little QB competition amongst the youngins.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Sounds like the younger fella is making good progress if he is pushing a competition.  

might slow things down now but it only betters both kids 

 

I think the competition is more about equal opportunity than anything being pushed.  I obviously have opinions but at the end of the day only one opinion matters.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

I'm just here so I don't get fined. 

And so HHF takes the PAC off "steady" and into "thriving", because we don't want the SIAC being perceived as the better GID conference.

Haha, wait until when the season starts, I’ll be posting 100 times a week! Gotta bring those rookie numbers up!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Excuse  my lack of tech savvy, but the Twitters are reporting Ross Fuhs is leaving Forest Park to go to Southridge. I am assuming in an Asst coach role. 

It would have to be an assistant I would think lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Excuse  my lack of tech savvy, but the Twitters are reporting Ross Fuhs is leaving Forest Park to go to Southridge. I am assuming in an Asst coach role. 

Yes, assistant role....they are glad to have him back.

Guy at work from Ferdinand (Forest Park) told me today, with a wink, that Bob Clayton was applying for the Forest Park job.  LOL....I told him if that happened FP would probably decide they couldn't play football anymore.  Not sure kids today would handle getting kicked in the rear (physically HARD!) when they didn't get off the ball fast enough or having a clipboard broken over their head.  But hey, don't knock it, such things make great football teams.

BTW....saw Coach Clayton last Friday night at the Chateau....looks pretty good for an old guy.  Wasn't terrifying at all....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The PAC made an argument that it was Indiana's best small-school conference this year

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/06/23/ihsaa-sports-pac-4-high-school-titles/7698910001/

"The 2021-22 athletic season was a banner year for the PAC with four team state champions – Gibson Southern football, Forest Park girls basketball, Tecumseh girls basketball and Tecumseh softball – and one individual state champ in track and field with Forest Park's Rachel Mehringer (100m hurdles).

Only the Circle City Conference (six) won more team state championships than the Pocket this year. Not bad for a conference with an average enrollment of 563 students."

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...