Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Game of Thrones

Sorry if there is already a thread. 

Any GOT fans on here?

SOLID start, w a few throwbacks to early seasons, to its final season. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but we saw just about all the main characters from seasons past excluding (and I may have missed her) Melisandre and of course the White Army (or whatever they are called---the people w the blue eyes).

37 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but we saw just about all the main characters from seasons past excluding (and I may have missed her) Melisandre and of course the White Army (or whatever they are called---the people w the blue eyes).

You are correct. The HBO app had a post show discussion with the directors, talking about story lines that reconnected even going back to season 1.

The White Walkers...fyi

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

You are correct. The HBO app had a post show discussion with the directors, talking about story lines that reconnected even going back to season 1.

The White Walkers...fyi

Thanks Irish.  I watched the post show discussion and recognized some of the call backs......after watching last night, now I know how my wife feels w me and TWD, LOL!

I have the hardest time remembering what people's names are.  I just say that dude or lady.  My wife sighs.  

Apparently the scene w/ the dude w red hair (the wilding) "I've always had blue eyes!" was in a never before seen castle of Lord Umbearth??????????

I saw the 1st episode Season 1 when the series started just randomly browsing channels while sitting in a hotel room. I was hooked. Didn't have HBO (still don't) and have the first 2 seasons on DVD. When I found out it was based on books, I binge read all the books. May have had to wait on the last 2 until they were written. After reading the books, I lost interest in the HBO series when they started deviating somewhat from the books and just stopped watching.

Having a free HBO preview this weekend, watched quite a few of the episodes from later seasons and found similarities with the books enough to follow everything. Watched Episode 1 Season 8 last night, now our free preview is over, so may have to wait until the next freebie to catch up from here.

I highly recommend the books if you haven't read them. Several hundred pages each, just my type of book.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

FC1D6B54-44F5-4657-96C5-359B2895C88C.jpeg

Let me see if I have this all correct......

and not trying to be a jerk.....

technically jon would be his dad/cousin, correct?  😂

11 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Let me see if I have this all correct......

and not trying to be a jerk.....

technically jon would be his dad/cousin, correct?  😂

My understanding is that Jon is the son of Daenerys' (FINALLY spelled that right lol) brother?? So she is his aunt, so the dragons could be called cuz 🙂

Read the first book back in the 90s.  When they threw Bran off the Castle wall I stopped reading.  My oldest was a little younger than Bran's age then. 

Broke my heart....

Picked the series back up and read it gleefully about 15 years later when I was ready to throw my oldest out of the house.....unfortunately, I didn't have a castle wall at the time...

Timing is everything.

• Like 1

“I have a son, you have a daughter. Let’s join our houses.” - Robert Baratheon

Hmm, I don't think it was the son the late Robert Baratheon or the daugher the late Ned Stark had intended..............

• Disdain 1

55 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Gendry and Arya.....Baratheon and Stark bloodlines....well called Muda.

The scene around the fireplace was excellent last night.  Not sure why Jon Snow delivered the tough news to "Aunt"  Daeny just right before they have to hop on dragons and fight a million zombies.....doesn't seem like great timing.....

Will all this play out in movie form......

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

Great scene with Brianne becoming a knight...knighted by Jaime.  Has me guessing she will perish defending Jaime in the next episode.  

Loved Tormund explaining how he got so big, suckling from the teets of a giant mother.  For you that desire your son to play Power 5 football.....you may just have a new plan.........

I thought Jaime was going to lop off her head.